Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I did some manual count on my own library:

69 verified (nice).
41 playable.
17 unsupported.
739 untested.

Although there is a discrepancy between the total number and number of games I actually own on Steam. I wonder why that is. :flare_think:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I did some manual count on my own library:

69 verified (nice).
41 playable.
17 unsupported.
739 untested.

Although there is a discrepancy between the total number and number of games I actually own on Steam. I wonder why that is. :flare_think:
Do you happen to have a decent number of unlisted games?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Just checked my library and I wonder why Factorio and Rimworld are only "Playable"...
Some classifications seem so random, for instance Darksiders 3 isn't supported but Dark Souls 2/3 & Sekiro are verified and Darksiders 1 is playable.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just checked my library and I wonder why Factorio and Rimworld are only "Playable"...
Some classifications seem so random, for instance Darksiders 3 isn't supported but Dark Souls 2/3 & Sekiro are verified and Darksiders 1 is playable.
Proton DB gives it a Platinum, despite frequent reports of it crashing. So I would guess Valve just has much stricter definitions. And probably more in line with customer expectations. You wouldn't call something playable if it regularly crashes.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
EdwardTivrusky In the wishlist already ! I hope it turns out well, the pitch is nice and the art is solid.

By the way I'm still looking for stylus, screen protector and dock recommendations ! Share the knowledge, people. For those among us who are lazy... err... technologically limited.
Wait, did I buy an SDcard ? No ? Okkkk, so...
Stylus ?
Dock ?
Screen Protector ? I mean, I can do without, as I only put two of these on two different Nintendo Switch and fucked up the second. But it's a 549 euros screen...
SD Card ?

What the fuck did I just buy last week that was related to the Deck... oh yeah, an USB stick to dual boot Linux on my desktop (I lighted up the LEANIJA signal right there)

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Hello! In anticipation of the Steam Deck launch (two days left!), we're releasing three new tools for customers that will help them understand how their existing titles, and potential future purchases, will run on Deck.

Two of these tools just released:
  • First, the "Your Library On Deck" page allows users to log in and view their existing library through the lens of the Deck Verified compatibility categories (Verified, Playable, Unsupported, and Unknown).
  • Second, the "Great On Deck" page is the landing page for the Steam Store when using a Deck, and showcases only titles with a Verified rating. It's intended to be the default view of the store only when browsing from Steam Deck, but some technical customers have already figured out how to access it.
Lastly, when Deck launches Friday, we're going to enable visibility of Deck Verified compatibility categories on game store pages on the desktop store and allows users to search for titles by compatibility rating.

As a developer, you can already see the compatibility rating for each of your reviewed titles from the landing page of any app on the Steamworks site. This is the same data that customers will be seeing when using any of the above tools.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Durante Ys IX is currently unsupported, any major issues with this one - it is on my list of games I want to try out first.
The only issue right now is that it's unstable if you don't configure Proton correctly, and currently there's no way for us to do that as a default.

If you set PROTON_NO_FSYNC / PROTON_NO_ESYNC (which you can do in 30 seconds in the normal Deck UI) then it's 100% stable and works very well (at least in my testing for a few hours).

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
If you set PROTON_NO_FSYNC / PROTON_NO_ESYNC (which you can do in 30 seconds in the normal Deck UI) then it's 100% stable and works very well (at least in my testing for a few hours).
What do those options do exactly if we may ask?

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Hi all, Steam Deck launches in just two days! Thought we would send along some details for what you can expect on Friday, February 25th:

Starting at 10am Pacific, we'll be sending emails out to the first batch of reservation holders via the address tied to their Steam account. Those folks will then have 72 hours to complete their purchase on Steam for the specific model they reserved. If they cancel or do not purchase in this time frame, we'll release their reservation to the next person in the queue.

Around the same time is when you'll start seeing coverage from the roughly 100 media outlets we sent early review units to, so there will be a ton of interesting content and coverage for everyone to check out.

We are also looking forward to getting the official Dock for Steam Deck into customers' hands. It won't be happening as early as we wanted, but we're excited to talk more about it soon and are planning to make them available in late spring.

In the meantime we can't wait to get folks playing on Steam Deck, and can't wait to hear what you think! Feel free to tag the official Steam Deck account on twitter (@OnDeck) to share your experience.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The only issue right now is that it's unstable if you don't configure Proton correctly, and currently there's no way for us to do that as a default.

This is very interesting and sad that you can't change it to make it default config.

Do you think this will change in a future update? they have been doing quite a lot of changes lately to the refresh rate and so if I'm not mistaken, could this be a side effect of those changes?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Brain fart, what was the name of a soft that checks your HDD health ? As relative as the diagnostic is.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
This is very interesting and sad that you can't change it to make it default config.

Do you think this will change in a future update? they have been doing quite a lot of changes lately to the refresh rate and so if I'm not mistaken, could this be a side effect of those changes?
As far as I can tell a recent commit in Proton does exactly that for Apex Legends, so I'm sure it will eventually happen.

It's just a shame to miss launch verification because of basically 2 bits not being set.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Should run better than on Windows too, no shader compilation stutter.
:smart-thinking-blob:
Would actually be really funny if you could run it through VKD3D-Proton on Windows to get rid of the shader compilation stutter.

• Toucan
Reactions: Mor

jmga

Sep 20, 2018
Would actually be really funny if you could run it through VKD3D-Proton on Windows to get rid of the shader compilation stutter.
I think you can. From the readme:

The intended way to use VKD3D-Proton is as a native Win32 d3d12.dll. This serves as a drop-in replacement for D3D12, and can be used in Wine (Proton or vanilla flavors), or on Windows.

VKD3D-Proton does not supply the necessary DXGI component. VKD3D-Proton can be used with either DXVK's DXGI implementation, or Wine's DXGI implementation. VKD3D-Proton implements its own IDXGISwapChain when built as a native d3d12.dll.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, I know you can use it on Windows. What I was wondering about is whether doing so would actually have a positive effect.
(Also, from what I saw there's no recent binary build available, and I'm probably too lazy to set up the dependencies :p)

jmga

Sep 20, 2018
Easy Anti Cheat blocks VKD3D injection on Windows and doesn't let you run the game, even in offline mode. Fuck this shit, will try tomorrow on Linux.

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes and lashman