Community What are you currently playing?

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks to the new 3D Kirby game announcement, I got out my 2DS XL to play Kirby Planet Robobot which has been sitting in the backlog for years. Still at the beginning but I love it!
I had a blast with this game, but wow, am I bad at finding secrets. It's so charming, though!

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Bunch of recent ones
  • Far Cry 5 - My first AAA game in a while. Just the opening 2-3 hours. I needed some comfort trash, and Ubisoft delivers on that at least. MMO like missions littering map, with activities like fishing, treasure hunting etc.
    I'm not familiar with rural Americana side of things, but I know that this is all a big caricature (plot and characters), so I'm not fully invested into that.
  • Dicey Dungeons - Banger time passing game. Must play for busy folks.
  • Sonic SEGA All Stars Racing - (Not the Transformed version) While step back in mechanics and roster size, this is still oozing with charm and content.
  • Ys VIII - Just wanted to see how combat worked in this, so I skipped all the initial scenes. I really liked the feel of the combat.
    I'll revisit it, once I played a couple of older Ys games.
  • Distance - Pretty much a "race course" video game, ie you have to run a obstacle course filled with set pieces. What keeps me engaged is the dark Sci-Fi horror atmosphere and soundtrack.
  • Bloodstained - Fuck 505Games for hiking it's regional pricing (and thanks to Humble for putting it on the bundle). Apart from that, first hour give me the impression, this was made either w/ small money or w/ small manpower. Because it doesn't feel... "premium". Other than that, I'm impressed how much it stand on it's own despite clearly taking the Castlevania structure.
  • XCOM Chimera Squad- Finally, XCOM that clicked with me instantly. The main XCOM game have either too much stakes (permadeath), or have too much on base management. I just want cool tactical action, and this one delivers.
    I've heard this will make the OG XCOM 1 + 2 unplayable, since they rely on different tactics.
  • Tetris Effect Connected (Multiplayer)- First time tried the multiplayer component, got paired with two console players.
    Just... beautiful.
Thanks to the new 3D Kirby game announcement, I got out my 2DS XL to play Kirby Planet Robobot which has been sitting in the backlog for years. Still at the beginning but I love it!
Also played this last week. Holy hell, I was not expecting it to be this fun. Polish and charm is through the roof, and has moments comparable to the best action games.
AND THIS IS A CUTESY PLATFORMER!

Halo_Killer64

Sep 23, 2021
Death stranding DC. Only got 40% thought eh first time so hopefully stick to it this time around. There's really nothing like it.

F1 2021. Love it. On a bit of a time trial kick ATM.

The procession of cavalry. Oh gee what a clever game. I'm glad they added to it Gamepass cos I'd never heard of it before so they have a new fan.

Animal crossing NH. Got a switch lite so starting from a new island. Great game.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Finished with The World Ends with You: Final Remix. Completed all the extra content and unlocked every monster in the Noise menu (bestiary) except for one.

Will start playing Metroid Dread today when it gets delivered.

Reactions: Mivey