Community What are you currently playing?

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Serious Sam 4: Just like 3, it takes some time to gain momentum but by level 6 it's a proper Serious Sam game.

GTI Racing: Never knew racing a classic VW Beetle or an old school Golf GTI would be this fun. It's a perfect blend of arcade racing with simulation physics. If you have it on your Steam backlog don't forget to try it.

Reactions: Yoshi and lashman

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
Just played The Secret of Monkey Island for the first time in my life. I never played Point & Click adventures as a kid, except for stuff like Freddi Fish and Spy Fox at school. This was such an incredible experience. I got stuck on some of the later puzzles but the whole game landed for me. The humor still holds up and so do the graphics. The close-up pixel art in this game is still immaculate. I'm looking forward to jumping into Monkey Island 2 soon.

Other than that I have still been chipping away at Elden Ring, and I just got LEGO Star Wars so I'm just starting that up. Hoping to play more of these two when I hit the weekend.

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Got Watch_Dogs for cheap today and this happened 10 minutes into the game, on the tutorial mission.

I tried to be clever and chose to escape from a police search area by taking the train. A cop car then started chasing the train on the train tracks, rammed it from behind, then glitched into it and killed a bunch of passengers.

This also broke the train logic so it didn't stop at train stations anymore, leaving me trapped inside. All of this with 8 years worth of post-release patches.

Never change, Ubisoft. This is awesome.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just played The Secret of Monkey Island for the first time in my life. I never played Point & Click adventures as a kid, except for stuff like Freddi Fish and Spy Fox at school. This was such an incredible experience. I got stuck on some of the later puzzles but the whole game landed for me. The humor still holds up and so do the graphics. The close-up pixel art in this game is still immaculate. I'm looking forward to jumping into Monkey Island 2 soon.

Other than that I have still been chipping away at Elden Ring, and I just got LEGO Star Wars so I'm just starting that up. Hoping to play more of these two when I hit the weekend.
Also replayed The Secret of Monkey Island. I used the patch for the "Ultimate Talkie Edition" that you can still find on archive.org :Monkey Island Ultimate Talkie Editions

Basically playing the CD version of Monkey Island 1, but with the modern voice acting, music and sound effects. Love how much of this game still holds up, and many moments that still make me laugh, despite knowing most of the jokes already.

Looking forward to revisiting Monkey 2.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Also replayed The Secret of Monkey Island. I used the patch for the "Ultimate Talkie Edition" that you can still find on archive.org :Monkey Island Ultimate Talkie Editions

Basically playing the CD version of Monkey Island 1, but with the modern voice acting, music and sound effects. Love how much of this game still holds up, and many moments that still make me laugh, despite knowing most of the jokes already.

Looking forward to revisiting Monkey 2.
What's wrong with the Special Edition exactly?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
What's wrong with the Special Edition exactly?
Nothing really, I just like the look of the pixel art CD versions. The original technically would be the old EGA version. Maybe I'll play through those versions one day too.

• This!
Reactions: LEANIJA

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I started playing the very first Mario & Luigi RPG (GBA version) again, this time on a DS Lite. Beaten the game for twice already but I seem to never get tired of it. This time I am playing it in Japanese instead of English and some of the dialogues are genuinely funny. For example, after the Bowser's jet aircraft crashed at the beginning, one of his soldiers said they haven't payed back the loan of that aircraft... Pretty mind-blowing that Koopa Kingdom has a functioning banking system. But on the other hand, the Neo Bowser City track in Mario Kart clearly illustrates Koopa Kingdom is a highly-advanced country. Seriously, never underestimate Bowser. He could be an insanely talented leader.

Or the writers and designers just don't care about Mario lore. 🤡

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I recently started a basic modlist for Skyrim just to make the NPCs better looking and then i found Wabbajack, modlist deployment tool and i rediscovered an old rabbit hole ...

Thanks to Wabbajack i am currently playing or dabbling in:
M.O.I.S.E for Morrowind.
Heartland for Oblivion - This is really good, i'm enjoying it.
Through the Valleys for Oblivion.
Licentia for Skyrim - Think Skyrim made real pretty with tons of extra content and QOL mods and made a bit tougher than normal and then with optional sexy stuff. They have a set of files and a tutorial for "Performance Mode" for people with slightly less beefy rigs.
Skyfurry for Skyrim because "lol they did what?" but damn they put a ton of work into that modlist. Can be NSFW but they're looking at a variant at some point in the future.
Tahrovin for Skyrim VR - wow, just wow. This is insane in VR.

"Immersive & Adult"
or the alternative "Immersive & Pure" by Canliberk on Nexus Collections is an amazing list i totally recommend people check out if they are looking for a new excuse to return to Skyrim.

Going to look at the newly released Everfall list for Dragons' Dogma DA on Wabbajack next week.

I have a bunch of other Skyrim mods i'm going to try over the next few months and going to try Fallout 4 VR mods too.

I'm trying modlists i would never think of trying if i had to manually install and construct them but along the way i am learning how to tweak and change things to my liking so although the veterans may hate these tools, i think they're a great starting point.
I gotta say that as an end-user Wabbajack, MO2 and Nexus Collections are pretty cool.

Between VTubers and Bethesda i kinda haven't been around much for the last few weeks lol.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Finished with Shin Megami Tensei V on Normal difficult . Didn't do all the sidequests but collected all the Miman creatures. Went with the Neutral ending and not even the true Neutral ending. Will replay the game in the future whenever I get back to playing Switch. Pausing my Switch backlog until Nintendo releases the next Switch.

Will purchase and move on to Elden Ring once it has a good sale and/or From Software fixes all the stuttering issues (not very hopeful on the latter). I don't want to risk a bad experience even though I will use low settings. Until then, just casually playing and building teams in Pokemon Shield.