Community What are you currently playing?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Today is my first day off in roughly 2 weeks so I'm really going to try and play through Whispers of a Machine. I'd also like to dive back into AC: Odyssey to check out the DLC. Hopefully I don't end up in bed reading a book/watching Netflix instead.

I keep track of what games I finish and in 2019 I've finished... Episode 2 and 3 of Life is Strange 2. That's it. Mind you, I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online as well, so I haven't completely given up playing games, but it's May(!!!) and my backlog is huge.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I'm back on the DOTA2. Sorry.
No, I am sorry for YOU!

I only play DotA 2 once per year during the month of July. "30 Days of DotA." Then I put it down.

Too old to devote 2-3 hours per day just to be mediocre at the game.

I've reached the final boss in Hollow Knight last night. Couldn't beat him yet, but it seems I've got 88% completion without using a guide. Great game, will buy the sequel day one!
What is the boss' name?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Wolfenstein New Colossus on PC and 50 Cent Blood on the Sand on PS3. yeah, I'm weird.
Colossus's shortcomings are becoming more apparent to me with the encounter design becoming more and more bland and repetitive. Still like the story a lot. That side machine games knock out of the park

And as for fiddy, well I've been meaning to finish it. It's goofy but it's already outlasted a lot of its charm.
Decent 3rd person shooter with some bad signposting

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Wolfenstein New Colossus on PC and 50 Cent Blood on the Sand on PS3. yeah, I'm weird.
Colossus's shortcomings are becoming more apparent to me with the encounter design becoming more and more bland and repetitive. Still like the story a lot. That side machine games knock out of the park

And as for fiddy, well I've been meaning to finish it. It's goofy but it's already outlasted a lot of its charm.
Decent 3rd person shooter with some bad signposting
New Colossus story is on point.

Its gameplay loop is mediocre. Agreed.

Reactions: ISee

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
So that Ubi Gold sale is going on and I just bought Watch Dogs 2. This seems fun? I never cared for the WD games from the outside but was a bit curious. Might ditch Wildlands for it right now.

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Bought Hades so will be playing that soon, also got RTX 2070 so might buy Metro Exodus to try out the RTX.

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
I have fond memories of Watch_Dogs 2.
How is the DLC?
Heh, I am not far into it yet sadly. Is the tone different than the first one? I remember that being more serious. This has really a fun and over the top story so far, enjoying it for what it is.
Also it looks really good I think. If it would come out today I would not complain. It's from 2017 right?

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Heh, I am not far into it yet sadly. Is the tone different than the first one? I remember that being more serious. This has really a fun and over the top story so far, enjoying it for what it is.
Also it looks really good I think. If it would come out today I would not complain. It's from 2017 right?
It's from 2016 even.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Yes, it is much more colorful and fun than WD1. The story isn't special, but I enjoyed the gameplay loop and the graphics a lot.
Multiplayer is very special, half invasion, half hide and seek. Feels kind of unique, though I doubt many are still playing it.

Even more impressive, game is a real looker on PC.
Very true. I was impressed by the viewing distance back than and looking at some of my old screens: It's still impressive tbh.

But the game was melting even top of the line i7s back than and many people called it "badly optimized" because of this. Maybe I should reinstall it to see if my new system is able to handle the game at max settings... three years later.

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Double posts get automatically merged. And you can also delete your own posts ;)
Hmm can't find a delete option. Either I'm too stupid or it's not there because I'm in Junior mode?

I have it at max and currently playing around to get it to stable 60 at 1440p with good AA.
Anyhoo, I will probably make a LTTP thread or something because this games makes me just smile.
I remember using the temporal reconstruction + 1.25 resolution + 10-15% sharpening
But that wasn't perfect. Ubi got a lot better with temporal reconstruction in later games. At least it gave me a nice performance up lift.

Last edited:
Reactions: derFeef

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I've bought God Wars, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4 and Akiba's Beat for my Vita. A smart man would've started with D4, but I'm being myself currently indulging in irredeemable anime trash that is Akiba's Beat,

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've shelfed Kiwami 2 until the patch arrives, so I went back to Arkham City. Just entered the museum. It's fun!

Also in the final chapter of The Devil on G-String. I'm planning on finishing that this weekend.

And then there's always some A Hat in Time now and then :)

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Finished the first Atlantis DLC in AC:Odyssey. It's nice and well crafted, though the story took a bit of a strange turn and not everything made sense. The ending, especially the short modern world part, felt rushed and everything ended in a cliff hanger, because of course it did.
Still, go for it if you like AC. The visuals in this one are something else and proof that a smaller, but well crafted open map is better than huge, empty worlds.

Rage 2 is next.

Is the new Division 2 content good?
Having trouble finding enough people to test it, too.
Not having matchmaking for this is a huge blunder imo.

Pjsprojects

Dec 31, 2018
Finished the first Atlantis DLC in AC:Odyssey. It's nice and well crafted, though the story took a bit of a strange turn and not everything made sense. The ending, especially the short modern world part, felt rushed and everything ended in a cliff hanger, because of course it did.
Still, go for it if you like AC. The visuals in this one are something else and proof that a smaller, but well crafted open map is better than huge, empty worlds.

Rage 2 is next.

Having trouble finding enough people to test it, too.
Not having matchmaking for this is a huge blunder imo.
With regards to Division 2 raid,Ubi devs said on stream they will be looking into some sort of lfg type setup in the future.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Firewatch was great. I'm really interested in how "In The Valley of Gods" will turn out. I wonder when will we be hearing about it next and if it'll be running on Source 2?
IIRC In the Valley of the Gods is running on Unity just like Firewatch. But they haven't shown the game since Valve acquired them so nobody knows if its still using Unity.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
If DOOM is a 10/10, and FC5/ND are like 8.0/7.0, what is Rage 2?
a 6 maybe. graphics and design are horrible, not only bad but horrible, often low poly, textures low res, horrible npc design, bad(!) voice acting, bad kb&m steering. only good thing is the shooting - sometimes. see my post in the steam thread.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Putting the finishing touches on AC Rogue. Finished the game and now 100%ing what I care to 100%
Great little game, tries to add a touch of cohesion to the last few episodes, a protag who is not a waste of human semen like the pirate from the last game. Still a ‘B’ side, but a good one.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
100% agree. At least, so far.

Catch me driving full speed into a hideout, hopping out of the car and immediately start dashing right into the face of the first person I see to either bash or buckshot, the more chaotic the better.