Community What are you currently playing?

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Wasn't the story in Metal Gear always a mess? MGS V was the first MGS I played after 1 and its gameplay was fantastic. The story was Kojima nonsense as expected.
MGS1 was rather straightforward. It had some plot twists, but overall it wasn't that hard to follow the narrative. Yeah, some characters weren't who they said they were, and maybe you misunderstood the villain's plan, but it all makes sense.

MGS2 was a postmodern marvel, full of inexplicable phenomena, with the final act being a bizarre, surreal experience that turns the entire previous act on its head. But there's a method to that madness, and the game doesn't behave in an erratic way for the sake of it; in a very meta way, the game uses itself and its own narrative to tell its story. It's really wonderful.

MGS3 is fairly normal, plotwise, for 95% of the game. It goes off the rails in the final moments, changing the meaning of the whole game and presenting conspiracies everywhere. Out of the first 4 numbered titles, it's my least liked one, although it is still good (except for the Virtuous mission and the first part of Operation Snake Eater, I hated the jungle),

MGS4 is... well, MGS4. Can't think of any other way to describe it. Take the madness of 2, add a few conspiracies from 3, bring back some characters from 1, turn it all up to 11 and then drop some acid while you listen to Foo Fighters doing a drunk cover of Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Well, the final product is a bit crazier than that, but you have a pretty good idea overall. Overexplaining everything, coming up with the most ridiculous excuses for the already ridiculous events in 2, showing cutscenes for hours at a time, it's a hell of a ride. And if you let yourself go, this becomes an incredible game that will have you questioning your own sanity. Not as in the game manipulating you (which was the case in Sons of Liberty), but in a "did this really happen?" way. It's a smart, stupid, awesome, delirious, cool, embarrassing game, and I love it so much it has become my second favorite game in the series, after MGS2. I love it unironically, mind you. It's that bad in the right way. It's that good.

Haven't played Peace Walker or V yet, so I can't speak for them. Portable Ops was terrible, and I dreaded every second I spent with it.

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Started ELEX today. It's pretty slow and I went for intelligence/cunning early on instead of strength/constitution so I can't wear better gear and everything destroys me but it's been fun so far. Lots of meaningful choices right off the bat. Looks like it's gonna be a great one.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Started ELEX today. It's pretty slow and I went for intelligence/cunning early on instead of strength/constitution so I can't wear better gear and everything destroys me but it's been fun so far. Lots of meaningful choices right off the bat. Looks like it's gonna be a great one.
it is :) another great PB game

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
Playing through Katamari Forever.

I was surprised at how lackluster it is soundtrack wise. Gameplay wise it's fantastic, wish there was an option to switch to the OG soundtrack without having it played through my phone

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Playing through Katamari Forever.

I was surprised at how lackluster it is soundtrack wise. Gameplay wise it's fantastic, wish there was an option to switch to the OG soundtrack without having it played through my phone
maybe it'll come to PC one day ...

Reactions: TheVectronic

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Update, I played The Missing (Swery65) and its pretty great and everyone should play it. Still playing SoT on the regular but since it hit BC and X-Enhance I cant stop playing FFXIII.

Its really interesting to me how so many of its design choices it got hit for during its backlash are really feeling pretty good today.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Been binging Umineko When They Cry - Question Arcs last week. Fan-fucking-tastic.
I'm now alternating between Unbox and Dragon Quest 11 (am in Act 3, nearly done) for a change of pace before I start with the Umineko Answer Arcs, though I may or may not start them today anyway, lol.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I'm working my way through Chrono Trigger. Think I'm about halfway done? It's been pretty neat so far.

bbq of doom

MetaMember
Nov 16, 2018
I am currently juggling between Battlefield V and Star Citizen. Hoping that I got into the Anthem alpha for this upcoming weekend, but we'll see.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
I tried Counter-Strike: Condition Zero & Counter-Strike: Condition Zero - Deleted Scenes.

The first is regular MP CS but with added arcade mode of some sort. You play against bots on each map and have to complete certain challenges.
Kill X number of enemies, rescue Y number of hostages etc.
Didn't really tickle my interest.

Deleted Scenes is a more traditional single-player campaign for CS. It's also mission-based but not just MP maps with certain challenges.
Instead, there are actual tailor-made maps which progress. Each mission you play another special counter-terrorism force, so it's varied.
But the visuals, sounds and even gameplay are ancient. It can get rough.

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
Alright checking back in.
Still going thru my PC library , now including Origin ! Everything launching thru Steam, I can take screenshots in Origin games thru Steam overlay.

I’m continuing to be pretty OCD and methodical about what games I want ready to go at anytime (about 4tb worth) as that’s the only way I’ll start playing things.

So just a few highlights:

Double Dips (loved on consoles, now ready to go on PC, decent ports) :

Agents of Mayhem
Assasins Creeds (Unity,Syndicate, Odysee, Origins)
Baja: Edge of Control
Guilty Gear Xrd (used pcgamewiki to fix resolution)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 ( need to use custom controller profile provided by steam users to be on par with consoles. Disappointing but makes the game playable with any controller )
Nier Automata (no mods , played fine thus far)
Raiden V (disaster on PC , had to force it to use integrated graphics to run)

Surprises, these games I had no expectations on but really enjoyed the bit I played allowing them to remain installed:

Ni no Kuni 2: cute and easy! Sold!

One Piece Unlimited World Red

World of Final Fantasy

Wreckfest: I bought this in early access YEARS ago. Never tried to run it and happy it reminds me of destruction derby which is all I wanted out the game. Everything else they added is extra for me.

Adeventure Time Pirates: makes me smile. Good fun.

Late Shift: I’m a sucker for FMV, working my way thru endings

Origin:
Madden! YES!
FMV Need For Speed: better than I remember at launch especially after removing their film grain filter
Latest Need For Speed: ok seems to be copying the Crew and Horizon.

Windows Store:
I could not get the Steam version of RUSH: Disney Pixar to run. Out of curiosity I grabbed the Windows Store version and it ran no problem. Deleted Steam version, added Win 10 version to steam for now.

Reactions: Eriugam and lashman

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I finished the Vietnam DLC from FC5, but the Mars DLC wasn’t doing it for me. When I get home from the gym, I’m going to play Deep Space Waifu: Fantasy. I didn’t know it dropped and I’m a fan of the series.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I finished the Vietnam DLC from FC5, but the Mars DLC wasn’t doing it for me. When I get home from the gym, I’m going to play Deep Space Waifu: Fantasy. I didn’t know it dropped and I’m a fan of the series.
what about the zombie DLC? :p

Deepo

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Currently playing Ashen through Game Pass on Xbox One.

I really like it. It's got all the parts of Dark Souls I like (exploration, difficulty, atmosphere), and not the one I'm not such a fan of (character stats and levelling).

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I've been on a weirdly AAA binge lately, but this week I've played Forza Horizon 4 a little, BFV quite a bit, and LoL once Nexus Blitz returned.

Aside from those, I gave JC4 a shot but I think it needs a couple patches before it will be worth my time. I've been playing The Messenger which is quite good and I enjoy a lot for something that is largely a platformer (normally prefer Metroidvanias and dislike platformers so it's a fine line with me).

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
  • Barely Surviving Mars - Was doing well then all of a sudden I ran out of food, fixed that and ran out of water. Start again, bad planning.
  • PInball like always
  • Duck-com on XBOX gamepass.
  • Played my first run in Dead Cells in ages, bombed out just after the first boss.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm still playing Dragon Quest XI ... 120 hours and counting o_O

While the game isn't showing any signs of wrapping up anytime soon, I can tell that I've enjoyed this game even more than DQ VIII. But I do hope I can wrap this up before the year is over though, lol.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I beat Mega Man 6 yesterday and with it beat all games in the first Legacy Collection and also beat 52 games this year
But I have no idea how to count Mega Man games in the Legacy collection. Should I count it as one game or six games? Or even seven games as there are challenges to do?

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I beat Mega Man 6 yesterday and with it beat all games in the first Legacy Collection and also beat 52 games this year
But I have no idea how to count Mega Man games in the Legacy collection. Should I count it as one game or six games? Or even seven games as there are challenges to do?
i'd count them as separate games ... it is a collection after all ... like if you buy the Matrix Collection on bluray - are you buying one movie or three? ;)

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm still playing Dragon Quest XI ... 120 hours and counting o_O

While the game isn't showing any signs of wrapping up anytime soon, I can tell that I've enjoyed this game even more than DQ VIII. But I do hope I can wrap this up before the year is over though, lol.
Sounds like "Stronger monsters" adds a ton of time :p I'm 74 hours in and well into Act 3.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Rainbow Six Siege for the multiplayer itch.

A friend gifted me JJ Macfield,/The Missing, I started it but haven't been able to go back for a bit. Really intrigued by the story thus far though and wanna complete it soon.

After that, I hope to finish up AC Odyssey, I'm pretty close if I rush the story, but more realistically if my completionist urges kick in I'll probably get stuck playing for another 30-40 hours. o_O (After the 100 I've already put in.)

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I was going to try the new Path of Exile league, but the game has been so much laggy it's not fun :(

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I'm currently juggling Darksiders 3 on PC (awesome game, ignore the reviews), RDR2 on XBX and Graveyard Keeper on PC

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Besides Smash Bros I've been playing and constantly thinking about Oxygen Not Included. I just love the physicsy gas, liquids, and temperatures systems.

jreid2112

All Systems Nominal
Nov 17, 2018
Just restarted playing My Time at Portia they recently added alot of new content. Still a really fun Stardew Valley replacement.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Nearly finished Darksiders 3 - Really good (7/10)
Ashen through gamepass - pretty awesome game
Mutant year zero (PC) - Had no plans to get this, but it has been really great so far.
Dragon Quest XI - First time playing this series, love the visuals.

Sch1sm

I wanna see the receipts!
Oct 21, 2018
Toronto
Been playing Hitman, primarily. Finished 2016 and about halfway through 2, stopped at Mumbai. Seems that one takes a lot more thought than even the hostile mess of Colorada in 2016, tbh. People everywhere.

Ryan_MSF

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
Manchester, England.
Dead By Daylight on the PTR mostly. Since moving to a country with good internet finally, my queue times and latency issues have completely vanished, and i'm really, really enjoying it.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I'm playing Devil May Cry for the first time ever. I haven't played a single entry in the series other than the DMC game made by Ninja Theory. I was impressed by the new game releasing in March and feel like picking it up at launch but people kept telling me I should play the other games first to get used to the characters and the imaginary and because they are great games so I'm doing it. Having fun so far, it aged pretty well.