News Cyberpunk 2077 - releasing December 10 , 2020

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I'm having such a great time with this.

This is my first experience with ray tracing, and what an impression. And likewise with DLSS, which is indispensable here.

A few random screenshots. I've recently started to realize how many services have an upload limit that isn't friendly with 4k PNGs (>10MB). I had to compress a couple here to JPEG. :grimacing-face:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I constantly take the wrong exits or miss turns while following "GPS dots" because the minimap zoom level is to close.
Me too, or rather, I used to.

Then I adjusted to it by not driving at maximum speed anymore. Thankfully, you can easily do that with the controller bumper. But still, the UI customization is abysmal and there has to be a dynamic UI option. Modders had to create it for The Witcher games, and I thought CDPR learned from them, but alas.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Bike is faster and more enjoyable indeed! Now I only need to progress enough to get one in my own save.

Driving with kb&m doesn't feel great either tbh. So I constantly switch between controller for driving and kB&m for the rest.
It's not a big deal, just something I wish would have been done better.

Another topic: I'm a bit confused by the assault skill tree. Some perks improve rifles & sub machine guns, while others mention assault rifles & sub machine guns. Is this just an oversight? Or does "rifles" include sniper rifles and assault rifles is explicit to assault rifles?

Reactions: LEANIJA and Valdien

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Bike is faster and more enjoyable indeed! Now I only need to progress enough to get one in my own save.

Driving with kb&m doesn't feel great either tbh. So I constantly switch between controller for driving and kB&m for the rest.

Another topic: I'm a bit confused by the assault skill tree. Some perks improve rifles & sub machine guns, while others mention assault rifles & sub machine guns. Is this just an oversight? Or does "rifles" include sniper rifles and assault rifles is explicit to assault rifles?
Yep, the Assault tree includes all types of rifles and sub machine guns, except for "light" machine guns. Rilfe includes any type of rilfes that isn't assault. For example: Feel the Flow will only cut down reload times with Assault Rifles & Sub Machine Guns. Sniper rifles and other variants are excluded.

Handguns is Pistols and Revolvers.

Annihilation Tree is for Shotguns, Light Machine Guns and Heavy weaponry.

• Love
Reactions: ISee

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Some interesting mods released today:

Ok, for some reason, the people in the comments section are REALLY underselling just how powerful, mandatory, and amazing this mod is. Dude, you have literally FIXED driving. If CDPR were to ever release a driving patch, it would be THIS. It feels amazing, perfect, smooth, realistic, and fun. I can actually STEER my vehicle. I can actually avoid pedestrians. I can actually DRIVE.
Honestly, I've tweaked the driving controls since the beginning, so I never share the frustrations of most people. But I guess I'll try this and see if it's much better.

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Yeah I agree... I often do the switching between keyboad and controller for driving in open world games featuring cars.. I dont like driving with WASD anyway, so I often rebind keyboard driving to the arrow keys (for some reason, driving feels better with those). But Im curious how the vehicle handling mod that texhnolyze posted works. Curious tho, CDPR also didnt exactly nail the horse handling in The Witcher 3 in my opinion. (But it is hilarious to me that they kept the horse whistle/summon key for the cars in this game. Thats brilliant :D )

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
And this is why I regret not being able to play it on Shadow. Mofd on GFN? Haha, good luck.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
By the way, as you can see I have not been in a rush to play the game, but...

On my 2060S, RPS seem to imply that my choice is between
1440p DLSS Ultra at 60 fps
1440p DLSS Ultra + Full RTX at 30fps

What says you friends ? Is Full RTX preferable to 60 fps ?

Mmh, at the same time, the Intel Core i5-10600K they use for their piece is a little out of my 2600x league, don't know how it will impact things.

Reactions: lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

Mmh, at the same time, the Intel Core i5-10600K they use for their piece is a little out of my 2600x league, don't know how it will impact things.
That's the beauty with PC gaming Li Kao, you can choose what suits you best :cat-heart-blob:
Try both possibilities out and decide.

For the CPU part: 2600x seems to benefit greatly from the HEX edit tweak. Now, will that still be possible with upcoming patches? Idk.

And this is why I regret not being able to play it on Shadow. Mofd on GFN? Haha, good luck.
Shadow with RTX 3080 options. Even I'd be interested to try it out.

• Love
Reactions: Swenhir and Li Kao

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Press and hold to craft one single item.... CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! :weary-face: Figured I'd search nexus mod and see if someone found a way to make crafting faster.

Reactions: ISee and LEANIJA

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Shadow with RTX 3080 options. Even I'd be interested to try it out.
Gods, yes please. I would really be happy to get that. I think right now you can get at most, either a RTX 2080 on Ultra or a Titan RTX on Infinite.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I haven't really dabbled in crafting. Is it worth it? do you get good stuff? I have loads of ammo from just looting and seem to pick up a million weapons.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
What weapons are you using?

Since I've found a pistol called Lizzie it became my main weapon, as backups I have a sniper rifle and a baseball bat.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I currently use a pistol (modded to be non-lethal), an SMG and a metal pipe. I mostly try to play non-lethally in situations where the people I fight aren't just plain evil. I tried smart weapons but I actually found that a bit annoying (only gave it a very short try though).

I do most damage with hacking though, by far. I have a pretty one-sided build in terms of stats and perks. I can actually disable many human enemies instantly with hacking.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Submachine Gun, Sniper Rifle, Katana.
Katana will eventually be replaced by a silenced pistol and I'll get arm blades.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I always have one pistol with a stealth attachment, the other two slots are changed all the time depending on higher stats. My goal though is to always clear a location by stealth and then when shit hits the fan I go loud.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

This is one of the few game where ray tracing shine and can give you a different visual experience. I also use 2060s but I turned RT off because when driving it become so choppy.

• Toucan
Reactions: Swenhir and Li Kao

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Currently rolling with a Pistol that does non-lethal damage, Tech Precision Rifle (thing's OP + non-lethal) & a Smart Assault Rifle.. The smart assault rifle is the coolest. It'll home onto targets even behind cover.

I tried using a melee weapon, but the melee combat is extremely janky and unreliable. And you just can't afford to melee enemies on very hard, either. You'll be dead in a second.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
Interesting that I still have not found a non lethal weapon, I thought my bat could be non lethal but I had a NPC complaining I killed everyone after rescuing him and only using my bat to beat the enemies.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Interesting that I still have not found a non lethal weapon, I thought my bat could be non lethal but I had a NPC complaining I killed everyone after rescuing him and only using my bat to beat the enemies.
That kind of stuff doesn't seem to work sometimes. I, by accident, shot one of those Cyberpsychos to death and it still counted as incapacitatindg him.
At least judging by the dialogue.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
That kind of stuff doesn't seem to work sometimes. I, by accident, shot one of those Cyberpsychos to death and it still counted as incapacitatindg him.
At least judging by the dialogue.
I think you can't kill the Cyberpsychos as they are part of the mission to capture them. The on I confronted was set of fire by my weapon and was counted as incapacitated.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
This is one of the few game where ray tracing shine and can give you a different visual experience. I also use 2060s but I turned RT off because when driving it become so choppy.
Yeah the look of the game really changes with RayTracing. Just like you I also have a 2060s and have had to switch off RTX because driving is stuttery, indoors though it is perfect. Wish there was an indoor only version.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Whats the point of all the foam like cases in the apartment store room? aren't they supposed to get filled when you stash various weapons? Ive put loads in the store but those things are still empty. Seems weird.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This is one of the few game where ray tracing shine
I see what you did there :p.

And yeah, were this done any less well and in any other game, I'd be laughing my ass off at this amount of flare and bloom. But here? Damn it's cool. Contributes to that Cyberpunk feel in ways that I can't explain other than saying it is a successfully-executed art choice. And if it weren't, well at least we have options.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Shortly back to the Delamain quest:

When it started I expected a copy and repeat quest line, you know: Ubisoft style. You repeat the exact same thing a couple of times to be rewarded with a half interesting end dialogue and an item. Instead every encounter was unique, entertaining and it all lead to a Deus Ex like conclusion!
10/10 quest line.

Thinking about it: Ubisoft trained me to dislike games.

My character didn't have the stat needed to merge them so I just released a bunch of crazy AI in the world. Ate least the messages you get from them after being freed are funny
Interesting, did you get a taxi out of it?
Merged Delamain created a "new son" for V, meant to be a companion till the day V dies.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
Shortly back to the Delamain quest:

When it started I expected a copy and repeat quest line, you know: Ubisoft style. You repeat the exact same thing a couple of times to be rewarded with a half interesting end dialogue and an item. Instead every encounter was unique, entertaining and it all lead to a Deus Ex like conclusion!
10/10 quest line.

Thinking about it: Ubisoft trained me to dislike games.

Merged Delamain created a "new son" for V, meant to be a companion till the day V dies.
yeah I got a taxi out of it.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah that quest was great, love the portal referance.
Delamain taxi spoilers below:
I think you always get a taxi out of it, the personalities are what changes. So if you set them free the different personalities will talk to you every now and again. If you destroy then I think normal Delamain will talk to you, and then merging will be the child talking but free from his computer restrictions..

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
This is probably the first open world game where I don't actively use the fast travel function. I probably have only used it once, only to see how it works. Most of the time, I just drive everywhere, or even walk up to the destination by foot. The city is so dense, so fast traveling would be a waste.