News Cyberpunk 2077 - releasing December 10 , 2020

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Let me talk about that keyboard.

While I find mostly of the electric guitars in the game strange, (mostly the exaggerated number of volume/tone controls not the body shape as they're clearly inspired by headless guitars made popular nowadays by brands Strandberg and Kiesel) the keyboard was really well thought. The keys divisions are right and it looks like a model that could be produced.

One of my only nitpicks with it are the pitch bend and the modulation control in the left, like I get if the modulation is just a slider but also the pitch bend? It doesn't seems practical :p. Anyway it looks like it was inspired by the Yamaha MX 61.

I should have take more screenshots of it as once I finished that side mission the place seems to be locked.

I recommend to see all endings.
Just save when sitting with Misty on the roof
How many endings are in the game?

Reactions: ISee and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
How many endings are in the game?
Not sure, I saw:

1.a. Rogue Ending, V takes the body.
1.b. Rogue Ending. Johnny takes the body.
2.a. Asakara Ending. V gets assimilated by Mikoshi
2.b. Asakara Ending. V goes back to Earth.
3.a. Panam Ending. V takes the body.
3.b. Panam Ending. Johnny takes the body.
4. Suicide

But 1.b = 3.b

So, I'd say seven, but two were identical.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
So I have a question based on the beginning of the game, following the title drop and the quests that open there, namely the first one. I don't get it.

How did Takemura go from being Saburo's right hand to knowing he was murdered and then being cast out, then know about the murder? It feels like, at least with a Corpo start, I missed a large dump of exposition. I expected that Saburo being the murderer would already be something we'd break to Takemura and I was a bit surprised that he knew already - not that it took a genius to figure it out, but still. Did I miss something there?

Mind you, I'm still very early in the game, don't spoil me too much :p.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So I have a question based on the beginning of the game, following the title drop and the quests that open there, namely the first one. I don't get it.

How did Takemura go from being Saburo's right hand to knowing he was murdered and then being cast out, then know about the murder? It feels like, at least with a Corpo start, I missed a large dump of exposition. I expected that Saburo being the murderer would already be something we'd break to Takemura and I was a bit surprised that he knew already - not that it took a genius to figure it out, but still. Did I miss something there?

I honestly cant remember! I mustve missed that too. but i find it funny you call this "very early", i spent tens of hours to get to that point because I was faffing about so much :D

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

Takemura left the room right before the murder happened, the only two people present were his Lord Saburo and the Son Yorinobu. The next time the player encounters Takemura is at the waste site, with him holding the fixer, that killed the player, hostage and executing him.
Takemura, now a Ronin with a vengeance, is there with two objects in mind: He wants to avenge his Lord's death, while having doubts about the circumstances. As Saburo's prime bodyguard and executioner, Takemura knew about the family power struggle and the divide between Father and Son.
The Fixer told Takemura that he killed us, the player. But instead of immediately killing the fixer or bringing him into Arasaka Tower, Takemura goes to the landfill to find "our" body to learn more. There aren't other Arasaka forces present, Takemura is purposefully on hiws own.
All while Yorinobu, the new Arasaka Lord, knows that it is wise to keep an eye on Takemura. At the time Takemura finds the player he isn't an outcast yet, at least not officially, but he is also investigating "privately" and not on his new Lord's order. It is not in Yorinobu's interest to have Takemura lead the investigation and so Yorinobu does what he has to do when Takemura starts digging to deep (literally). He outcasts Takemura and orders his death.
The Arasaka Assassins attacking Takemura and the player during the car ride confirm Takemura's suspicions: The son is behind the murder.

At least that's how I understood it. There is a lot for the player to put together, which is fine as "we" were dead and the world kept on turning without us.
Maybe I misremember something wrong though. That's always a possibility with me.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Takemura left the room right before the murder happened, the only two people present were his Lord Saburo and the Son Yorinobu. The next time the player encounters Takemura is at the waste site, with him holding the fixer, that killed the player, hostage and executing him.
Takemura, now a Ronin with a vengeance, is there with two objects in mind: He wants to avenge his Lord's death, while having doubts about the circumstances. As Saburo's prime bodyguard and executioner, Takemura knew about the family power struggle and the divide between Father and Son.
The Fixer told Takemura that he killed us, the player. But instead of immediately killing the fixer or bringing him into Arasaka Tower, Takemura goes to the landfill to find "our" body to learn more. There aren't other Arasaka forces present, Takemura is purposefully on hiws own.
All while Yorinobu, the new Arasaka Lord, knows that it is wise to keep an eye on Takemura. At the time Takemura finds the player he isn't an outcast yet, at least not officially, but he is also investigating "privately" and not on his new Lord's order. It is not in Yorinobu's interest to have Takemura lead the investigation and so Yorinobu does what he has to do when Takemura starts digging to deep (literally). He outcasts Takemura and orders his death.
The Arasaka Assassins attacking Takemura and the player during the car ride confirm Takemura's suspicions: The son is behind the murder.

At least that's how I understood it. There is a lot for the player to put together, which is fine as "we" were dead and the world kept on turning without us.
Maybe I misremember something wrong though. That's always a possibility with me.
That was my thinking. He's not a moron, Yoshinobu clearly did the deed. That or the people who were in the suite at this time, and considering he'd hunted them down, too... But then he never got to confirm we didn't kill him. He never asked, that part was never shown to us. I was a bit disappointed because I kind of looked forward to being the bearer of that news, of that secret.

And then there's that moment from Takemura meeting you at the diner, investigating on his own, to him being outcast. Again, we have no idea what happened there, how he was found out. I understand that there is a logical reason for it all to happen but I'm feeling like, as a player, I should be shown a bit more about those events.

Still, it's really impressive so far and with the floats scene coming up, I'm ready to do my best GITS2:Innocence roleplay :p.

I honestly cant remember! I mustve missed that too. but i find it funny you call this "very early", i spent tens of hours to get to that point because I was faffing about so much :D
Oh yeah, make no mistake, me too! I was perhaps at 30 hours when I got there, and I'm at 70 now that I'm finally doing his first quest.

Reactions: LEANIJA and ISee

Yaska

"It depends" - Every lawyer ever,
Dec 18, 2018
That was my thinking. He's not a moron, Yoshinobu clearly did the deed. That or the people who were in the suite at this time, and considering he'd hunted them down, too... But then he never got to confirm we didn't kill him. He never asked, that part was never shown to us. I was a bit disappointed because I kind of looked forward to being the bearer of that news, of that secret.

And then there's that moment from Takemura meeting you at the diner, investigating on his own, to him being outcast. Again, we have no idea what happened there, how he was found out. I understand that there is a logical reason for it all to happen but I'm feeling like, as a player, I should be shown a bit more about those events.

Still, it's really impressive so far and with the floats scene coming up, I'm ready to do my best GITS2:Innocence roleplay :p.

Oh yeah, make no mistake, me too! I was perhaps at 30 hours when I got there, and I'm at 70 now that I'm finally doing his first quest.
Wasn't there the whole transportation via car when he and PC were suddenly attacked that made it pretty clear he's outcast

Reactions: ISee

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Wasn't there the whole transportation via car when he and PC were suddenly attacked that made it pretty clear he's outcast
Not necessarily, that could also be Arasaka infighting! Those times on the heels of Saburo's death would have been a nexus of infighting and blacks ops, I imagine, there was no real telling that he'd be outcast. Hell, I found out only during that mission where his implants were deactivated

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Not necessarily, that could also be Arasaka infighting! Those times on the heels of Saburo's death would have been a nexus of infighting and blacks ops, I imagine, there was no real telling that he'd be outcast. Hell, I found out only during that mission where his implants were deactivated
There is no reason for infighting. Yorinobu is the oldest, male heir and Arasaka is an absolute monarchy, All the infighting is at the lower decks, but the Emperor and the Family were always excluded from that. They are untouchable and Sobaru ruled with and iron fist of fear. Betraying him and the royal family is unthinkable.
And even if there was political infighting. Why assassinate a sword? Takemura holds no formal, political power. He has no say, no influence, no voting right, no army, no money. The only reason he is a figure of interest is because he is honor bound to investigate his Lords death and could therefore make the true events public.
It's pretty clear, the hit was ordered by Yorinobu. He wants Takemura and V silenced.

Personally, I think it is fine for the game to not spill everything out. Filling in some voids yourself can make for a deeper world building. A world that keep on living without the player is more interesting.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
There is no reason for infighting. Yorinobu is the oldest, male heir and Arasaka is an absolute monarchy, All the infighting is at the lower decks, but the Emperor and the Family were always excluded from that. They are untouchable and Sobaru ruled with and iron fist of fear. Betraying him and the royal family is unthinkable.
And even if there was political infighting. Why assassinate a sword? Takemura holds no formal, political power. He has no say, no influence, no voting right, no army, no money. The only reason he is a figure of interest is because he is honor bound to investigate his Lords death and could therefore make the true events public.
It's pretty clear, the hit was ordered by Yorinobu. He wants Takemura and V silenced.

Personally, I think it is fine for the game to not spill everything out. Filling in some voids yourself can make for a deeper world building. A world that keep on living without the player is more interesting.
Eh... I would agree in principle but here we would really need more visual clues there. I'm usually quite quick on the uptake and I was really confused.

That being said, I think it's clear as day that Yorinobu did Saburo in, anyone with half a brain in Arasaka would've had had suspicions, especially with the chip being stolen and all. It seems logical to me that they'd dispute his claim and, as Takemura shows, some would smell the foul play and try to make things right. Which I absolutely love! I just wish and think it might have been better storytelling to show us a little of that. It's not a huge deal but I felt it was a bit of a hasty moment in the telling.

What I hate about this is that it makes me root for Arasaka in some manner, not to mention that Takemura is clearly Cyberpunk husbando material as a female V :p

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Quick tip for the "Tune Up" quest which glitched for me but i figured it out and i've just completed it.
Make sure you have been to each of the districts and taken a call from each of the Fixers. If a Fixer calls with their introduction chat while on this mission it seems to glitch out any further progress.
Make a Manual Save before entering the building and having the talk that starts the quest.
Don't mess about in the building. Go in have a chat, get the quest item, leave.
Go to each location in the order they appear on screen, Don't skip around or follow the list in the Journal or it seems to glitch the mission.
I drove around, didn't use fast travel but i don't know if that makes a difference.

I've just successfully finished it after having it glitch out all last night.

• Eyes

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
So I finally finished Cyberpunk. I'd been at the "point of no return" for a while, and then took a week long break before deciding to finish it off. I spent 87 hours playing it(though I restarted several times to try the different life paths, to decide between male and female V, to repeatedly make cosmetic changes, etc).

I got the Johnny-takes-your-body ending, which wasn't exactly what I wanted... but it also kinda worked for me. Sadly, bugginess in the final missions sorta ruined some important moments(the Smasher fight's dialogue was screwed up after I beat him, I couldn't find Rogue's gun, and then when I had to decide what to do with V in cyberspace the dialogue again seemed disconnected to what I chose).

I'd say the first 30-40 hours were fun and exciting, but it definitely became repetitive by the end and I lost interest in the HUGE amount of random side content I still hadn't done. I don't see myself playing it again any time soon, though I may replay the final mission to get a different outcome. I would've liked to explore the Kerry romance, but male V's voice is just so annoying, like he's trying desperately to sound like a noir detective or something. Female V was a bit better, though she does this thing with her voice when she is trying to sound tough that just annoys me(it reminds me of Marisha Ray's character in Critical Role, Beau). It just sounds forced.

Anyway. Next on my list to play is AC Valhalla, but I'm not sure if I am ready for another massive open world game just yet.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Yesterday evening night I went on a tour of Night City to collect a few sets of legendard armor scattered around in semi-hidden areas. I found really good guides for this. This is probably not new info to some, but if it is new to you and youre looking for guides, these are well-made:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Don't get why anyone expected the next gen version to come sooner than 2nd half of 2021.

Barely anyone owns a next gen console right now.

No AAA dev is gonna give a shit about PS5 and XsX until they at least sell like 10-20 million units. So late 2021 sounds about right for not only Cyberpunk but many other next gen updates and new AAA stuff. People act like these companies are nonprofit or something expecting them to work 100hr weeks for free. They will launch next gen versions bundled with new expansions etc for that full price SKU so that it can actually sell a lot.

Right now they should cater to people who can actually buy and enjoy the game. Basically PC gamers and maybe PS4pro/X1X players. I know it sucks for PS4/X1 owners but they are doing the right thing. This game is using up 11-12gb of ram on my system and I am playing it at 1080p. Just imagining what those old consoles with 4-5gb of allowed ram are supposed to do with this game lol. Not even counting the archaic jaguars CPUs too yikes.

Anyways I wonder what the Jan/Feb updates will even be.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
That statement from them is so disingenuous and ridiculous it's insulting. This in particular
Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?
A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.
HAS to be a lie. The game is so full of bugs and performance issues that there's no possible way you had a team of testers not see and report them. You either have the worst testers in the world, or you only employed like two people to do it because that's the only way I could believe them not seeing certain bugs, or you're lying to our faces again. I'm gonna take a wild stab that it's option 3.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
That statement from them is so disingenuous and ridiculous it's insulting. This in particular

HAS to be a lie. The game is so full of bugs and performance issues that there's no possible way you had a team of testers not see and report them. You either have the worst testers in the world, or you only employed like two people to do it because that's the only way I could believe them not seeing certain bugs, or you're lying to our faces again. I'm gonna take a wild stab that it's option 3.

Yeah... I think so too. The game runs and plays well for me most of the time and I love it, but it sure it buggy. I get glitches in every session, and theyre never subtle either. Oh and thats on PC. I cant imagine that wouldnt be the case on the old consoles.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I would need to qualify that statement with practical examples to make it technically accurate. It feels pretty clear that the performance was crap on PS4/X1 and their own footage demonstrated a knowledge of those by avoiding sudden and quick motions.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019

Cyberpunk 2077 had the biggest game launch of all time based on digital revenue and digital units sold (10.2M)

An extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC

Ah, how different the general discourse around the game could have been, if CDP made the unpleasant and difficult decision to postpone (or better yet, cancel) the lastgen versions. And they would still make enough money that the entire budget incl. marketing would have been paid for on the first day twice over, if not more.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Cyberpunk 2077 had the biggest game launch of all time based on digital revenue and digital units sold (10.2M)

An extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC

Ah, how different the general discourse around the game could have been, if CDP made the unpleasant and difficult decision to postpone (or better yet, cancel) the lastgen versions. And they would still make enough money that the entire budget incl. marketing would have been paid for on the first day twice over, if not more.
That's capitalism, acting on blind greed and nothing else. I hope they can learn from this and just be a better company. But I'm not optimistic.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
That's capitalism, acting on blind greed and nothing else. I hope they can learn from this and just be a better company. But I'm not optimistic.
You are not going to see me agreeing with blaming capitalism, because without capitalism, CD Projekt wouldn't exist.
And they have been a very customer-friendly company for 25 years. One terrible launch does not erase that. And many things around Cyberpunk were still handled very well (DRM-free on day one, plenty of bonuses in retail copies, good optimization on PC..).

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
You are not going to see me agreeing with blaming capitalism, because without capitalism, CD Projekt wouldn't exist.
And they have been a very customer-friendly company for 25 years. One terrible launch does not erase that. And many things around Cyberpunk were still handled very well (DRM-free on day one, plenty of bonuses in retail copies, good optimization on PC..).
It's an aspect of capitalism and in a well functioning company you'd see naked greed balanced with at least the most basic foresight. The deserved reputation hit and multiple lawsuits they will have to deal with due to the old gen console versions could have been avoided. To me this suggests a lack of good leadership, as well as (internal) transparency and honesty . That's not even mentioning the fucked up marketing department.

As I said, I hope they take the right lessons from this, just not very optimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I did admire CPDR right up to TW3 for a lot of these reasons, but they have always had that two-faced aspect. Before going DRM-free, they did try to sue and send physical letters to people having pirated TW2.

Many of their decisions are pro-consumer but I'd rather avoid idealizing them too much. Even for TW3, while the downgrade talk was pure BS and a misunderstanding of how rendering worked, there was a stonewalling of a clear striving for visual parity with underpowered consoles. Things like that that, along with the things they have done lately, make me examine everything they say with a lot less goodwill than I would have five years ago.

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I wonder if this'll fix the sound crackling. Can't wait for it to be propagated to GFN.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Dammit, Cyberpunk Enhancement Tweaks is removing DoFile so it's going to be a right pain in the butt to just do simple things.
Hopefully someone releases a simple function template so i can convert my simple scripts and easily call up when required without spending days learning new APIs and junk like that.

edit: Woohooo, the one mod i really wanted to work was updated minutes after i posted this. Neat. As far as i'm concerned disaster averted :D

edit2: I've also confirmed that there's probably some kind of race-condition between CET and Mirilis Action when they try to hook int the Cyberpunk 2077 process. I have to kill Action!, start CP2077 and then start Action! again or CP2077 crashes at launch 9/10 times.

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
After 100 hours, I finished up Cyberpunk (although I might go back to play the other origin stories and maybe tackle some achivements). I played all the endings apart from the secret one (which is tied to some specific dialogue choice, so I'd have to go back, sift through my savefiles to see where that quest is, replay that and then replay the rest of the game to do it.)

My favourite ending
was by far the one with Panam, also because Judy joined my V in the end and I honestly liked her from the first meeting and thought she and my V should be together. All the other endings were rather sad in that regard. The ending where Johnny takes the body was okay too, but I had wished he could let V's friends know whats up, but thats gonna be my head canon, that he does call them all up after getting all these voicemails that pop up in the credits.
Speaking of Judy, is was cute how she kept calling V after the romance scenes, but also felt a bit like they couldve done more to the romance, like hangout options or something. You could basically only redo the same phone calls.

Anyway, I really loved the game. I'm off to Hitman 3 now, but I'll come back to Cyberpunk surely.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Immediately after writing here that I finished the game I started another playthrough as a corpo (and male) V, having first played as a female Nomad V. Itll be a short run though, without doing much sidequests. But I'll be on the lookout for stuff I may have missed in my first playthrough.