|OT| Dating Thread | One right swap at the time

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks to popular demand, the Dating Thread is here! Title is provisional until someone comes up with a better one.

When I get a PC I’ll embellish this thread more, meanwhile, please share your dating stories, progress or advice here!

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I know i shouldn't get hung up on this, but i still feel frustrated.
Already happens rarely enough that i feel like i have a connection with someone on one of those god forsaken apps, so for once, i was actually getting my hopes up.

That's what i get for reinstalling this trash.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I know i shouldn't get hung up on this, but i still feel frustrated.
Already happens rarely enough that i feel like i have a connection with someone on one of those god forsaken apps, so for once, i was actually getting my hopes up.

That's what i get for reinstalling this trash.
Yeah it's tough getting over someone that one had genuine hopes for, just let it take time and realise there will be others. Your hopes were mostly what you projected onto her, so what you have to let go off is your fantasy of her.

Last date I was on, it went amazingly, got along great, lots of kissing and she told she wanted to meet again, even told so in texts afterwards but then ghosted me for weeks and then I got a text she wasn't interested. So I just have to let go off the fantasy I had of her, who I thought she was and realise I didn't know her and she was right in that we didn't click more than just that moment in time. It's ok, I value the experience and move on. Sure I still get sad when thinking of what could have been but I also know that I always feel that for the last girl I was with, so I just go onto the next and then I will be over the last.:D

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
It really fucking frustrates me.
I don't even mind getting rejected all that much, i've always been capable of dealing with failure, but it makes me INSANE i can't even find a girl to reject me. Like, that's the issue at the most basic level, the lack of girls.

Doesn't help that I've always had a lack of interest for about 50% of the human population at large lol.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
of course I shouldn’t say what everyone should do with their money but I really don’t recommend paying premium for dating apps. After all, they need you to keep spending money

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My american ex is the only one to reach out to me and check how I'm doing in the middle of all this corona stuff. I really did mess up letting her go. Not only was she smart, cool and pretty but yeah she really cared about me.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I wish I was more interesting so I could have more friends, especially female friends. I guess there’s a limit to the nerd talk 😂

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I wish I was more interesting so I could have more friends, especially female friends. I guess there’s a limit to the nerd talk 😂
Haha yeah, talk about video games or tech is something I never do, usually not even with my female friends. Even when it comes to guys only a handful actually like talking about it. But I'm also super nerdy haha!

But it's good to make an effort to find new things to be interested by, do things that are interesting and so on. Try to find something else to be passionate about that is so cool that it balances out the passion for video games.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
How you go about dating in a quarantine?

I noticed the apps have immensiely increased activity now, but it's kinda pointless if you can't even invite someone to a coffee anyways.

At least one girl i chatted with might wants to play some online games with me, so that's something at least!

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
How you go about dating in a quarantine?

I noticed the apps have immensiely increased activity now, but it's kinda pointless if you can't even invite someone to a coffee anyways.

At least one girl i chatted with might wants to play some online games with me, so that's something at least!
Yeah I also noticed that things are more active. Hell, I have had people reach out to me for online play(not the video game kind), taking the first step which is normally rare!

But I'm not that engaged with people on normal dating apps since as you say, knowing one can't meet up makes it seem boring.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah I also noticed that things are more active. Hell, I have had people reach out to me for online play(not the video game kind), taking the first step which is normally rare!
Bruh

Why are you so successful with all of this wth

What's your secrettttt???

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
People are so thirsty now! I have never ever experienced girls turn regular conversations sexual, in the way we guys can do. Like today I was speaking about spring weather and she tells its spring in her panties haha! I love this new trend.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
People are so thirsty now! I have never ever experienced girls turn regular conversations sexual, in the way we guys can do. Like today I was speaking about spring weather and she tells its spring in her panties haha! I love this new trend.

lucky you, I’ve barely received any responses

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
i’ve always thought that I’m gonna spend the most of my adult life without a partner, anyway. I think in my private life I’m very uncompromising.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
i’ve always thought that I’m gonna spend the most of my adult life without a partner, anyway. I think in my private life I’m very uncompromising.
I really recommend that you don't be so picky when it comes to dating. There isn't a "dream girl" and it's good to meet alot of different kinds of people. And the experience you get from that is invaluable.

Reactions: Stevey
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I really recommend that you don't be so picky when it comes to dating. There isn't a "dream girl" and it's good to meet alot of different kinds of people. And the experience you get from that is invaluable.
I know :/ but i seem to have a hard time not being picky

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I think the Tinder profiles that say ‘I don’t talk much here follow me on Instagram’ are very funny

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Pretty sure those are just looking to increase their follower count on insta
I know, I just find it kinda pathetic.
Also I have developed aversion for people whose main picture is them in a boat. I can’t find a more boring, wasteful way to have ‘fun’.

But what do I know.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I set my Tinder location to Japan but I dunno if it is a bad idea

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Things fell apart with the German girl and it felt worse than it usually does. I think it's just the culmination of the state of the world and that girls just coma and go so quickly now, one starts to lose hope.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Maybe Tinder isn't the main dating app in Japan? Find the one most use and use it instead?
There seems to be a lot of people in there. To be fair my profile sucks and my main pic is me wearing a Japan soccer jersey because that’s what I was wearing when I opened the account, I guess it looks tacky to the Japanese.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
So I found the girl I had a crush some years ago on Tinder. I think a Super Like would spook her.
Wat do.
Edit: fuck it

Last edited:
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Haven’t heard back from her, I guess I’m fucked xD

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Sometime ago, a girl I honestly matched by accident, started asking about what I liked the most of her face, body, etc. But I wasn’t attracted to her in the slightest. How do you escape such situations?