|OT| Genshin Impact - Breath of the Elements

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Mika (4*)

Dehya (5*)

Leaked kits are out as well. Dehya sounds really exciting (to me at least).
She is not selfish on-field DPS #5, but instead a sort of off-field tank/shielder alternative with some off field damage (no idea how much, but application is fairly slow) and a short (apparently 4s) on-field stance change Burst. She can provide interruption resistance + tanks parts of the damage for the on-field character and has a self-heal whenever her HP fall under 30% (every 20s).
No numbers yet, but conceptually I'm really digging her kit since it also fits really well with her character and going off the descriptions alone her animations are probably gonna be rad. :blobeyes:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Dehya sounds fun, now to wait for the final numbers. Curious build, we've not seen it before.
Mika being Eula's little helper is unsurprising. Maybe we will get more physical characters in the future too?

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Still working my way through the new desert area, but so far so fun.

Lantern Rite was absolutely fantastic though. In terms of mini-games it's "fine". They're short, cute and fun. The story though was great. Legit made me emotional at times. Genshin is often a light-hearted JRPG romp, but sometimes it busts out really powerful stories. Overall my favorite incarnation of Lantern Rite by far.
I loved the music themes and the performance at the end (CN version is best). Cloud Retainer/Ping backstory and character development really hit me. Really heavy, but very good stuff.
And then the Epilogue was hilarious to lighten up the mood. The entire setup was great and there were so many good small and big moments between the characters, I loved it. Was fun to look for the characters in the world afterwards as well.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm excited for any potential Eula support character finally arriving, she was my first 5* and has gotten basically 0 help since I started playing. Not that she's terrible, just physical in general is left behind with the release of dendro.

Still working my way through the new desert area, but so far so fun.

Lantern Rite was absolutely fantastic though. In terms of mini-games it's "fine". They're short, cute and fun. The story though was great. Legit made me emotional at times. Genshin is often a light-hearted JRPG romp, but sometimes it busts out really powerful stories. Overall my favorite incarnation of Lantern Rite by far.
I loved the music themes and the performance at the end (CN version is best). Cloud Retainer/Ping backstory and character development really hit me. Really heavy, but very good stuff.
And then the Epilogue was hilarious to lighten up the mood. The entire setup was great and there were so many good small and big moments between the characters, I loved it. Was fun to look for the characters in the world afterwards as well.
Same here,
really enjoyed learning more of the history there. Also the "hello, fellow stranger I have definitely never met before, how do you do" bit was great.

I like the new desert area but not totally feeling the writing with the new story in there. I liked the previous 800 hour long desert "side" quest a lot so a bit underwhelmed but the new stuff itself is really good.

I can't decide if I want Alhaitham or not. I originally wasn't going to but his attacks are so flashy looking :face-with-cold-sweat: I basically pulled for Wanderer just so I can look at his charge attack spam all day

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Waiting for tomorrow to complete the lantern rite quest and finish the minigames. They're fine... but I find the papercraft puzzle just baffling. No idea what's going on half the time, I find it super unintuitive despite having played puzzle games like this... I think the lemming aspect does not remotely work with such big "blocks".
Honestly I think it's a pretty boring festival, like all the others lantern rites. At least we have Cloud Retainer to save the day, because everyone else, especially the overworked girls? Man, if half of the characters like Ganyu didn't exist, I think I'd like it more.
Really happy we're done with Li Yue and Inazuma, I think I hate both more and more with each event. The fact that everyone is a nobody that hardly did anything ever, if they even appeared at all (like Hu Tao)? Hard to care about it all.

Thankfully Sumeru changed things, because damn.

Now I don't know if if wanna roll for Alhaitham, he looks so good, he feels smooth to play (well... maybe not the mirror system), but I have no place for him. Guess I'll see when he comes back.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I'm excited for any potential Eula support character finally arriving, she was my first 5* and has gotten basically 0 help since I started playing. Not that she's terrible, just physical in general is left behind with the release of dendro.

Same here,
really enjoyed learning more of the history there. Also the "hello, fellow stranger I have definitely never met before, how do you do" bit was great.

I like the new desert area but not totally feeling the writing with the new story in there. I liked the previous 800 hour long desert "side" quest a lot so a bit underwhelmed but the new stuff itself is really good.

I can't decide if I want Alhaitham or not. I originally wasn't going to but his attacks are so flashy looking :face-with-cold-sweat: I basically pulled for Wanderer just so I can look at his charge attack spam all day
This video changed my mind, and I pulled (and got) Alhaitham yesterday.

Like... god DAMN, thats a truckload of damage. I normally don't pull for "meta", but Alhaitham fits in very well with my existing maxed guys and opens up a ton of team structures - the "ideal" team is a Spread team with Nahi, but he can run solo or with a lesser Dendro like Traveler or Yaoyao without issue. He can also carry a burgeon squad, or optimize the Nilou Kabloom team (Al, Nahi, Kokomi, Nilou).

I just cant get over how much damage he cranks out, its insane. Running an R3 Black Sword, 4/4/4 skills, and underleveled artifacts, he was already serving as the onfield carry at level 60 in a Spread squad (Al, Nahi, Kokomi, Yae), contributing a good share of total team DPS (edit: to be clear, everybody else was level 90 with maxed artis and leveled skills). He's also feature complete at C0 (recs are either C0 or C6, as the cons in between are apparently meh), so ideal if you dont want to spend a lot for a real bruiser.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I mean yea I heard he's good - I'm not sure if he totally fits into any of my teams (I have a Nilou bloom but no kokomi or much interest, so much less hydro application with Barb). The other issue I have is I just checked and I have essentially 0 artifacts for him (I mean, some if I pull from 5 sets) and I've spent 2 months farming for wanderer and still have no attack sands with any usable substats (he still does a lot of damage with Faruzan + anything but so tired of farming artifacts).

I mean I probably won't be pulling on the next 2 patches either, so who knows. Still got some time to decide.

• Comfy
Reactions: hersheyfan

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Alhaitham seems pretty great indeed. Personally I'm good on Dendro teams for now with Nilou/Kokomi/Nahida/Collei doing Bloom things and Yae/Fischl/Tighnari/Jean doing Quicken things. Currently building up Yaoyao as well, which would open up even more stuff.
But more importantly my primos are for Dehya, Cloud Retainer, Bloodborne Girl, Fontaine Archon and possible other Fontaine chars based on the earlier design leaks. Gotta be picky :cold-sweat:

• Comfy
Reactions: hersheyfan

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I mean yea I heard he's good - I'm not sure if he totally fits into any of my teams (I have a Nilou bloom but no kokomi or much interest, so much less hydro application with Barb). The other issue I have is I just checked and I have essentially 0 artifacts for him (I mean, some if I pull from 5 sets) and I've spent 2 months farming for wanderer and still have no attack sands with any usable substats (he still does a lot of damage with Faruzan + anything but so tired of farming artifacts).

I mean I probably won't be pulling on the next 2 patches either, so who knows. Still got some time to decide.
Thats why I pulled for him, honestly - aside from his general OPness and lineup flexibility (lots and lots of dendro procs!), I have a lot of Gilded Dreams in stock due to farming for Nilou and Nahi. So its just a few pieces I need to max him out.

Dehya is also looking kind of mid at this point, though i still have enough to guarantee her if i feel like it. If I lose the Dehya 50/50 (I'm currently on a 4 banner winning streak lol), im calling it a day and saving up for the Fontaine guys.

Alhaitham seems pretty great indeed. Personally I'm good on Dendro teams for now with Nilou/Kokomi/Nahida/Collei doing Bloom things and Yae/Fischl/Tighnari/Jean doing Quicken things. Currently building up Yaoyao as well, which would open up even more stuff.
But more importantly my primos are for Dehya, Cloud Retainer, Bloodborne Girl, Fontaine Archon and possible other Fontaine chars based on the earlier design leaks. Gotta be picky :cold-sweat:
Ah, you have a built Tighnari! Then yeah, makes sense you wouldnt want another Dendro... though if you switched Yaoyao for Fish and C6 DTraveler for Jean in the Quicken lineup, I'd absolutely take Alhaitham over Tighnari in terms of pure DPS.

But yes, Cloud Retainer and the Fontaine gang look sick! Dehya looks... uh, questionable, but maybe I just need to have faith that HYV know what they're doing.:coffee-blob:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Ah, you have a built Tighnari! Then yeah, makes sense you wouldnt want another Dendro... though if you switched Yaoyao for Fish and C6 DTraveler for Jean in the Quicken lineup, I'd absolutely take Alhaitham over Tighnari in terms of pure DPS.

But yes, Cloud Retainer and the Fontaine gang look sick! Dehya looks... uh, questionable, but maybe I just need to have faith that HYV know what they're doing.:coffee-blob:
Yeah, I got Tighnari from a lost 50/50 on Nahida's banner. Really happy about that actually, because I ended up liking him a lot. His passive that shows the local specialities on the map is obviously super useful, his playstyle is fun and he also pairs extremely well with Yae, and I really like Yae. Pairs better with her than Nahida imo. At least in an Aggravate-heavy team where you run Anemo for extra res-shred. Nahida's Dendro application is too strong to swirl electro reliably. And you really want double Electro with Yae, to battery her.
Yae/Fischl/Tighnari/Jean is my current desert exploration team.

Dehya does indeed not look great right now (except her animations, those are fire), but I'm sure she'll end up just fine anyway by release. Even if not I'd probably still get her cause I can, lol. I have enough pulls for 2.5 guarantees right now, I'm not really worried about not getting upcoming characters I like at this point in time.