|OT| Genshin Impact - Breath of the Elements

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Sucrose is pretty good, I have her built, but she's an Anemo support so not as straightforward to play effectively as some other characters. You need to at least set up something to swirl, and ideally, at higher levels, get some use out of the Viridescent set resistance reduction.

I used her a lot when my main team was Xiangling, Fischl, Sucrose and Qiqi, but not as much since I got Ganyu.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I may indeed swap out Kaeya for Sucrose. Xianqui has almost constant shield uptime to apply wet status between his skill and burst, and while having another option for an elemental combo is nice for Diluc, you can’t do two elemental combos at the same time. Whereas if you place Sucrose’s burst right, that’s bonus damage over time.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I may indeed swap out Kaeya for Sucrose. Xianqui has almost constant shield uptime to apply wet status between his skill and burst, and while having another option for an elemental combo is nice for Diluc, you can’t do two elemental combos at the same time. Whereas if you place Sucrose’s burst right, that’s bonus damage over time.
I think you're underestimating the damage she'll add in that team, actually.
Her main utility is in increasing the Elementaly Mastery of the other team members. (Her level 20 and 60 passives). Elemental Mastery increases reaction damage. So Diluc will hit even harder.
And with the Viridescent Venerer artifact set she can also reduce enemy element resistence, so even more damage for Diluc.
Although you're not at the point where you have access to this stuff.

...I really should properly build her, shouldn't I :grimacing-face:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I think you're underestimating the damage she'll add in that team, actually.
Her main utility is in increasing the Elementaly Mastery of the other team members. (Her level 20 and 60 passives). Elemental Mastery increases reaction damage. So Diluc will hit even harder.
And with the Viridescent Venerer artifact set she can also reduce enemy element resistence, so even more damage for Diluc.
Although you're not at the point where you have access to this stuff.

...I really should properly build her, shouldn't I :grimacing-face:
I should look a bit more carefully at her talents it seems! That sounds pretty good. Though yeah, I’m only at adventure level 31 at the moment, and it’ll be a while before I level her to 60 probably. I’m already running low on the character leveling items. I have everyone but Diluc at 40, while he’s at 59.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I should look a bit more carefully at her talents it seems! That sounds pretty good. Though yeah, I’m only at adventure level 31 at the moment, and it’ll be a while before I level her to 60 probably. I’m already running low on the character leveling items. I have everyone but Diluc at 40, while he’s at 59.
Yeah in the beginning it's better to not spread your resources too thin, otherwise the World Level increase will get annoying, just focus on a core team and especially keep your DPS up-to-date - although nowadays there's the option to just lower it again, so you can't really accidentally make the game too hard anymore.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I finally got around to doing Dragonspine. I kept putting it off, but it turned out a lot more fun that I thought once I got a handle on the temperature thing!

Edit: I seem to have almost cleaned out my quest list. It was chock full for the longest time but now I just have like five. Hopefully that new update adds some more!

Also, is there any good way to earn primogems that I may have missed? I haven't delved too much into spire stuff, but it seems like that also earns some. I'd like to get Zhongli on the upcoming banner.... I've done 35 wishes on the previous banner where I got Diluc instead of Venti as my 5*. I'm now sitting on 5K primogems and 7 intertwined fates, which makes for roughly 38 wishes, plus I imagine I can get another 3-5 from using that extra currency you get from 3* stuff. That gets me to around the 75 mark, so I'm off by about 15 or 2400 primogems if my luck is real bad.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Once you've gotten the primogems from exploring the world, doing quests, opening chests and all, you're left with daily commissions and timed events... but you might take a look at some achievements guide, they give primos too and while some are obvious enough if grindy, a lot of them are secret and hard to get without knowing what to do.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Also, is there any good way to earn primogems that I may have missed? I haven't delved too much into spire stuff, but it seems like that also earns some. I'd like to get Zhongli on the upcoming banner.... I've done 35 wishes on the previous banner where I got Diluc instead of Venti as my 5*. I'm now sitting on 5K primogems and 7 intertwined fates, which makes for roughly 38 wishes, plus I imagine I can get another 3-5 from using that extra currency you get from 3* stuff. That gets me to around the 75 mark, so I'm off by about 15 or 2400 primogems if my luck is real bad.
Outside of exploration it's mainly Daily Commissions, Events and Spiral Abyss.
You should be fine though. You should easily get those 15 worst-case wishes from doing the daily commissions and the 1.5 events before Zhongli's banner ends.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I’ll do some of the Dragonspire achievements I’ve not yet gotten. They don’t seem too bad and revolve around stuff I was meaning to do anyway. I also remembered I hadn’t done the Childe test run yet so that’s another 40 20 in the bag!

Update: Sitting on 7000 primogems now (thank you, Spiral Abyss!). Zhongli will be mine! Not having any quests to do made getting to adventure rank 35 a real chore though. Seems like I'll be very dependent on resin in the future. Thankfully I've got a character quest lined up at least. Is the only consistent way to get adventure rank exp from resin-related stuff? I think I've gotten most of the chests around the world and the few remaining tasks in the adventurer's handbook are a long ways off... Seems like the game's gonna slow down a lot now.

I think I'll be replacing Sucrose (again) with Zhongli. Just fishing for excuses to boot her off the team at this point. I really don't like the character design and it's making me less interested in having her on. I’ve been playing with her for the past few days and she is indeed a great fit in this comp with Diluc, Bennett and Xingqui. That said, I'll be happier with my team once I get Zhongli, even if it's sub-optimal compared to Sucrose C2. I don't really get on with Xingqui's design either. It doesn't bother me as much as Sucrose, and I'll deal with it because his abilities are nuts. If something better or as good as him comes around, he'll be the first to go though :U

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Update: Sitting on 7000 primogems now (thank you, Spiral Abyss!). Zhongli will be mine! Not having any quests to do made getting to adventure rank 35 a real chore though. Seems like I'll be very dependent on resin in the future. Thankfully I've got a character quest lined up at least. Is the only consistent way to get adventure rank exp from resin-related stuff? I think I've gotten most of the chests around the world and the few remaining tasks in the adventurer's handbook are a long ways off... Seems like the game's gonna slow down a lot now.

I think I'll be replacing Sucrose (again) with Zhongli. Just fishing for excuses to boot her off the team at this point. I really don't like the character design and it's making me less interested in having her on. I’ve been playing with her for the past few days and she is indeed a great fit in this comp with Diluc, Bennett and Xingqui. That said, I'll be happier with my team once I get Zhongli, even if it's sub-optimal compared to Sucrose C2. I don't really get on with Xingqui's design either. It doesn't bother me as much as Sucrose, and I'll deal with it because his abilities are nuts. If something better or as good as him comes around, he'll be the first to go though :U
After exhausting the quests and chests, the main way to increase your Adventure Rank is mainly doing the daily commissions and after that, spending resin, yeah.
Should take a bit over 2 weeks to reach 40 and around 3 weeks after that to reach 45.

Eh, don't worry too much about optimal teams or whatever. Zhongli will work just fine and honestly outside of Spiral Abyss the game really isn't all that hard.
My overworld/commission teams (for friendship farming) are always just a rag-tag assortment of semi-random characters that more often than not aren't even properly equipped/levelled outside of the main DPS.

Right now I'm running Ningguang/Noelle/Amber/Lisa. Only Ningguang is decked out with +20 artifacts, a lvl 90 weapon and decently levelled talents, but is only level 70/80 and doing just fine even at AR 55. Amber and Lisa don't even have artifacts equipped and probably a random lvl 1 weapon. Noelle has like a level 50 weapon and maybe one artifact at +4. ¯\(ツ)

Reactions: beep boop

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
After exhausting the quests and chests, the main way to increase your Adventure Rank is mainly doing the daily commissions and after that, spending resin, yeah.
Should take a bit over 2 weeks to reach 40 and around 3 weeks after that to reach 45.

Eh, don't worry too much about optimal teams or whatever. Zhongli will work just fine and honestly outside of Spiral Abyss the game really isn't all that hard.
My overworld/commission teams (for friendship farming) are always just a rag-tag assortment of semi-random characters that more often than not aren't even properly equipped/levelled outside of the main DPS.

Right now I'm running Ningguang/Noelle/Amber/Lisa. Only Ningguang is decked out with +20 artifacts, a lvl 90 weapon and decently levelled talents, but is only level 70/80 and doing just fine even at AR 55. Amber and Lisa don't even have artifacts equipped and probably a random lvl 1 weapon. Noelle has like a level 50 weapon and maybe one artifact at +4. ¯\(ツ)
A whole week! Well, at least I'll have time to prep prep some of my characters' talents and ascensions. About the difficulty, I was a little worried about going up to WL4 because I didn't have the resources to upgrade Diluc all the way apart from his level and weapon, but it turned out okay. Just can't let my supports be on the field for too long because they get melted pretty quickly.

By the way, one constant issue I'm running into is that I'm full up on artifacts. I've just been using excess stuff to upgrade some of my better purple and blue ones, but it's a huge mora drain (5K mora per five infused). Would it perhaps be better to destroy 1 and 2* artifacts instead? I read it also gives some mora. I see people recommend infusing them, but it feels like I'm wasting money.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
A whole week! Well, at least I'll have time to prep prep some of my characters' talents and ascensions. About the difficulty, I was a little worried about going up to WL4 because I didn't have the resources to upgrade Diluc all the way apart from his level and weapon, but it turned out okay. Just can't let my supports be on the field for too long because they get melted pretty quickly.

By the way, one constant issue I'm running into is that I'm full up on artifacts. I've just been using excess stuff to upgrade some of my better purple and blue ones, but it's a huge mora drain (5K mora per five infused). Would it perhaps be better to destroy 1 and 2* artifacts instead? I read it also gives some mora. I see people recommend infusing them, but it feels like I'm wasting money.
No, 2 weeks!

Honestly I've never ever destroyed an artifact for Mora. You need soooo many of them and looking up what you get it feels like not a lot. Just invest them into your better artifacts (at least for your DPS), since artifacts are where a lot of character power does come from. Try to focus on your 4* artifacts or 5* if you happened to get some good ones (I think the Adventure Book gives some, and there some quests too). I think you're about to reach the point where investing into 3* artifacts will be a waste. The Mora drain is just something you have to roll with...

I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but you can trade those Anemo and Geo Sigils you get from exploring for Mora too in the souvenir shop in Mondstadt and Liyue respectively. I would by out the other things first, but after that there is no reason to hoard, just get the Mora. That's a pretty decent amount.

Doing Mora leylines works too, but if possible I'd avoid doing that until AR 45, that's where the rewards max out.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Oh yeah, a reminder:
Don't do the weekly bosses and reputation stuff today, wait until the update hits.
(New BP, and weekly bosses will cost less resin).

• Comfy

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions, again! Much appreciated. I think I’ll start doing those dungeons that give artifacts in the hope of finding a decent set that I can invest in.

I’m sitting on close to 4 mil mora, but I can see half of that evaporating as I level up Zhongli and gear him up 😭

I just did the nine pillars quest and got my first 5 star artifact. Neat! That was a tough fight though. That ruin guard or whatever it’s called kept one-shotting my guys, and I hate fighting the rolling enemies.

Edit: well, artifact hunting was a bad idea. I’ll put it off until I’ve got talents and weapons leveled up. Either didn’t get the set I wanted or got them with awful stats. Boo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions, again! Much appreciated. I think I’ll start doing those dungeons that give artifacts in the hope of finding a decent set that I can invest in.

I’m sitting on close to 4 mil mora, but I can see half of that evaporating as I level up Zhongli and gear him up 😭

I just did the nine pillars quest and got my first 5 star artifact. Neat! That was a tough fight though. That ruin guard or whatever it’s called kept one-shotting my guys, and I hate fighting the rolling enemies.

Edit: well, artifact hunting was a bad idea. I’ll put it off until I’ve got talents and weapons leveled up. Either didn’t get the set I wanted or got them with awful stats. Boo.
Welcome to artifact hell. But I'd recommend not overdoing it, and waiting more until AR40/45 where you can get 5* artifacts from runs. AR40 you have a chance, AR45 you get a guaranteed one.
It will still suck tho.

Mihoyo have released their own interactive map

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Welcome to artifact hell. But I'd recommend not overdoing it, and waiting more until AR40/45 where you can get 5* artifacts from runs. AR40 you have a chance, AR45 you get a guaranteed one.
It will still suck tho.

Mihoyo have released their own interactive map
Yeah, it takes enough time just to level a character so I think I'll do that. The interactive map's pretty neat! Nice that it'll sync pins too. I'm a little surprised they made something like this in an official capacity.

Also, despite your detailed explanation, I misunderstood something about the pity system. For some reason, I thought that the 35 wishes I did before also counted towards the 75-90 I'll need for pity to come into play. But it obviously reset when I got the 5* that wasn't the featured (which was my 35th) -- while also guaranteeing the next 5* being the featured). I've only got enough for ~65 wishes right now though. I'll be able to get some more with new quests that came up, hangouts and when the spiral abyss resets, but maybe the CEO of Geo won't be mine after all :weary-face:

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, it takes enough time just to level a character so I think I'll do that. The interactive map's pretty neat! Nice that it'll sync pins too. I'm a little surprised they made something like this in an official capacity.

Also, despite your detailed explanation, I misunderstood something about the pity system. For some reason, I thought that the 35 wishes I did before also counted towards the 75-90 I'll need for pity to come into play. But it obviously reset when I got the 5* that wasn't the featured (which was my 35th) -- while also guaranteeing the next 5* being the featured). I've only got enough for ~65 wishes right now though. I'll be able to get some more with new quests that came up, hangouts and when the spiral abyss resets, but maybe the CEO of Geo won't be mine after all :weary-face:
Aw, sorry :/
I thought you meant you put 35 pulls into the banner after getting Venti.... :weary-face:
Still, hopefully it works out for you! Could be close, but I think you still have a decent shot at him.

• Sad

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Why the fuck do we need 7 types of wood!?
To make Dragonspine relevant again!

Lost the 50/50 on Zhongli and got C2 Diluc :negative-blob:
Guess the game really wants me to get some better artifacts to improve the shit CDamage I have on him.......... I want him on the bench though.

So decisions regarding Zhongli/Eula had to be made and in the end I went with Zhongli. I really wanted Eula when she first leaked but tbh it's hard to stay interested too long if the char has no story relevance (and I'm doubtful she's have much relevancy outside of her story quest tbh....). Same with Hu Tao. I do like her, but not enough to roll for her initially and she had no relevancy before and after her 30 minute story quest, so currently she's in /shrug territory.
Still have pulls for one 50/50 chance left for Eula, though at that point I'll have to decide how much I really want her, or if I'd rather sit her out and instead build up to 100% pity again for Baal or the next surprise char.

Also got 1 Diona (C0 now), 3 Yanfeis(C2 now), 4 Noelles (C5 now) and 1 Fischl (C2 now) along the way. Overall not too bad.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Well, after 65 pulls Zhongli has continued to elude me. Got three 4* weapons, two Diona's and two Yanfei's.

Everything's fine... :blobmorning2:

Also, what's the deal with this new web event. I don't understand it at all. Do you just invite people and then you earn rewards? Seems a little simple and on the nose but ok.

In any case, my invite/code's below. If you share yours, I'll clickety click on it too.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread or react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well, after 65 pulls Zhongli has continued to elude me. Got three 4* weapons, two Diona's and two Yanfei's.

Everything's fine... :blobmorning2:

Also, what's the deal with this new web event. I don't understand it at all. Do you just invite people and then you earn rewards? Seems a little simple and on the nose but ok.

In any case, my invite/code's below. If you share yours, I'll clickety click on it too.

[Hidden content]
You need non-active accounts, which is... a pain. Or click on some daily stuff, but you'll barely get anything.
It's little more than refer-a-friend.

I don't know if I roll on the current banner, I'd like Zhongli but the other chars interest me little, and the next banner has Eula, and likely Beidou and Xinyan, two of my favs...
At least for you, the pity should be doable before the end of the Zhongli banner.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah the web-event is pointless. Just ignore. Calling it an event is already pretty laughable :toucan:

• Sad

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
You need non-active accounts, which is... a pain. Or click on some daily stuff, but you'll barely get anything.
It's little more than refer-a-friend.

I don't know if I roll on the current banner, I'd like Zhongli but the other chars interest me little, and the next banner has Eula, and likely Beidou and Xinyan, two of my favs...
At least for you, the pity should be doable before the end of the Zhongli banner.
Ah, non-active accounts. That's a bust then.

Yeah, hopefully I can scrape together enough for another 35 wishes. When the shop refreshes, I should be able to get another 5 from stardust and I've got enough for 3 from starglitter, though I was hoping to save that up in case Benny turned up in the shop.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Ah, non-active accounts. That's a bust then.

Yeah, hopefully I can scrape together enough for another 35 wishes. When the shop refreshes, I should be able to get another 5 from stardust and I've got enough for 3 from starglitter, though I was hoping to save that up in case Benny turned up in the shop.
It's very unlikey that you'll need the full 35 wishes. With soft pity chances are you'll get him somewhere between 75 and 80 already. But yeah worst case is still 90...

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It's very unlikey that you'll need the full 35 wishes. With soft pity chances are you'll get him somewhere between 75 and 80 already. But yeah worst case is still 90...
Fingers crossed!

That teapot stuff is confusing. I just bought a recipe for a chair with the little currency I had. Then, I go to learn it, the game just says that I already know this and removes it from my inventory... Why did it let me purchase it then?

So, first you spend a currency that's on a slow recharge timer to buy a recipe. Then you also need to grind resources to build the thing on that recipe. I don't think I'll be interacting much with this unless I run out of other stuff to do. It seems like a lot of work.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Fingers crossed!

That teapot stuff is confusing. I just bought a recipe for a chair with the little currency I had. Then, I go to learn it, the game just says that I already know this and removes it from my inventory... Why did it let me purchase it then?

So, first you spend a currency that's on a slow recharge timer to buy a recipe. Then you also need to grind resources to build the thing on that recipe. I don't think I'll be interacting much with this unless I run out of other stuff to do. It seems like a lot of work.
Haven't spend much time with it, so take this with a grain of salt, but:

You want to craft items from Blueprints to gain Trust EXP to increase the Trust Rank. Higher Trust Rank increases the selection in the Housing Shop, increases your maximum currency capicity as well as gives you more crafting queues (which you want, because it takes like 14+ hours for a single thing without speed-up, lol), and other stuff.
You only get Trust exp the first time you craft an item (there is a little symbol in the upper right corner of blueprints if you still get some, and it will tell you how much EXP you get when selecting a Blueprint too. Higher rarity blueprints give more trust-exp, but also a bit longer to craft.)

Placing furnishings gives you "Adeptal Energy", which increases your Realm Currency income at certain checkpoints. You get Realm Currency per hour, but it basically goes into a piggy bank first that can only hold a certain amount and you'll have to manually collect it and move it into your unlimited balance.

The Realm Currency can be used in the shop to buy Blueprints, finished furnshings and other useful items, like the instant craft potions, EXP books, artifact exp, etc.
(The carpenter in Qinqce village now also sells some blueprints).

The game gives you some instant-crafting potions at the start, so I think the most effective way to get started with is to immediately use them all and craft all the blueprints you have to increase your trust-rank for more queues and just place everything you have to reach the currency thresholds.

You can also visit a friends teapot and interact with the bird to speed up their crafting. Works once a day per friend. (But that's apparently currently bugged, lol).
You can set your teapot to automatically let people in instead of having to actively accept them, so you don't need to be online for friends to help out.

The placement-mode also has a tab for sets made out of multiple furnishings that can be completed for more Adeptal Energy.

The shop has 5 insta craft potions per day, I would priorize those with the Realm Currency and new blueprints afterwards.
They're super cheap.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
That clarifies some things. I think you’re right about spending the auto-complete consumables early on. You get a bunch of them on level up anyway.

Managed to squeeze out four more wishes. No dice. Getting closer though!

Edit: 74 wishes in... Any moment now🤞 I should also be able to hit AR40 within a day or two, so I’ll finally be able to do those Zhongli quests!

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
So I did the new boss Azdaha... and it's virtually impossible for most melee comps?
He has BY FAR the highest HP in the game, but also extreme damage (and if you get hit while he is infused by an element you a dot that will kill you without massive healing), good luck avoiding all his attacks when you're melee and all of them are multi hits and gigantic AoEs... or worse, the entire arena for the water infusion.
And it's not even only melee, my Ningguang can barely hit it when outside of the insane AoEs and she dies in two hits.

So yeah, it's play Zhongli or you're dead in melee, it's physically impossible to dodge all of his hits (I tried Noelle, can confirm her shields are nowhere close to being enough, her CD is far too long and they're still worse than Zhongli's anyway - Diona and Xinyan are not a serious choice here).

Or do what I did, use Ganyu, stay out of range of everything, nothing to see.

Yet another flawless design in the game. I think only Tartaglia was a half decent encounter, actually based on skill and avoidance and not bubble and facetank everything or stay out range and avoid all mechanics... shielding is an absolute blight on the game, and more and more of the content is based around it...

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Got two back-to-back 5 stars. First Agate's Bow on the standard banner and then finally Zhongli on my 75th pull on his banner! Noice. Shame I don't really have a bow user I like.

Also hit AR40 a bit sooner than expected. Thankfully I had all the mats for Diluc ready to go!

Haven't tried that new boss yet, but it sounds like a real piece of work based on what I've read elsewhere too.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yet another flawless design in the game. I think only Tartaglia was a half decent encounter, actually based on skill and avoidance and not bubble and facetank everything or stay out range and avoid all mechanics... shielding is an absolute blight on the game, and more and more of the content is based around it...
Tortellini is still my favorite boss fight. Especially back when he just came out and it was still actually a bit challenging :grimacing-face:

Did Azdaha with a friend in co-op as usual and we had fun. It was me with Ganyu + Barbs and him with Hu Tao + Mona.
Was fine even without shields but boy does he dish out. Glad that I grabbed Zhongli after all, because they seem to peddle a "get shield or get fucked" design right now. (Where shield = Zhongli, mainly).
Or Ganyu. Ganyu is still hilariously strong.
She just invalidates so many of their design options.

Cubes fly?
Melee DPS: :negative-blob:
Ganyu: :dmcblob:

AoE field/attacks around enemy?
Melee DPS: :negative-blob:

Hydro leyline disorder that doubles cooldown time?
Everyone: :negative-blob:

Electro leyline disorder that drains Burst energy?
Everyone: :negative-blob:

Also the teapot is the most fun I've been having with the games since Dragonspine probably. Even with the crafting timers they give you enough skip items at the beginning to build quite a lot, and you can get a few more every day, so I feel like the limit isn't that bad. Certainly looking forward to slowly making things fancier and fancier!
Spent like 2 hours today crafting, decorating and mainly visiting friends or having them visit and fooling around.
That said, if anyone here plays on EU, feel free to add me, my teapot is always open and I'll come visit too :steam_pigblanket:
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:
Reactions: beep boop and Line

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Here's my EU code too, I'll come visit your teapot (what a weird thing write) [UWSL]:blobhug:[/UWSL]
Hidden content
And yup, Ganyu's just busted.
beep boop you got an Amos Bow on the standard banner, is that right? I don't think there's an agate bow in the game. It's made for Ganyu, if you get her one day. Best weapon for best character [UWSL]:evilblob:[/UWSL]

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Here's my EU code too, I'll come visit your teapot (what a weird thing write) [UWSL]:blobhug:[/UWSL]
[Hidden content]
And yup, Ganyu's just busted.
beep boop you got an Amos Bow on the standard banner, is that right? I don't think there's an agate bow in the game. It's made for Ganyu, if you get her one day. Best weapon for best character [UWSL]:evilblob:[/UWSL]
Yes, it’s indeed Amos. Words! I got them mixed up. Wonder where I got Agate from then.. Sounds good though. I'll give it a try if the the gacha spirits allow it one day :blobmorning2:

I've added you and Ascheroth, but here's mine as well just in case!
Hidden content

I'm now at WL5 and getting wrecked more often than I'd like to. It's not too bad, but things are definitely taking longer than at WL4. My team at the moment is Diluc (80/80), Xingqui (60/70), Bennet (60/60) and Zhongli (60/70). I've got Diluc's weapon upgraded to 80/80, XQ's is at 65/70, Benny's is 40/40 and Zhong's is 60/60. I think next I'll get Benny's ascension and see about upgrading his burst. Though the passive he unlocks doesn't seem super great, unlike the others. Not sure where else I could get more power from at the moment other than finding better artifacts. My characters are all equipped with pretty basic world drop sets, nothing from domains because the main stats that I got from those are generally not great. Anything I could be overlooking? Can't really upgrade Diluc's talents much further because they now require a drop from Dvalin.... (That's going to take forever to upgrade, isn't it?)

Update: So I decided to go on a little resin spending spree since I had some saved up. I think I did around 15 runs using condensed resin, and I didn't get a single feather for the Crimson Witch set. I've got okay artifacts for the other slots, but no feather. What the fuck. Tons of Lavawalker 5* feathers and Martial Artist artifacts though! Even got a sick 5* Crimson Witch goblet with hydro DMG bonus! I'm gonna take the L and just do other stuff that doesn't involve artifacts for a good while :')

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Line and Ascheroth

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
I'm now at WL5 and getting wrecked more often than I'd like to. It's not too bad, but things are definitely taking longer than at WL4. My team at the moment is Diluc (80/80), Xingqui (60/70), Bennet (60/60) and Zhongli (60/70). I've got Diluc's weapon upgraded to 80/80, XQ's is at 65/70, Benny's is 40/40 and Zhong's is 60/60. I think next I'll get Benny's ascension and see about upgrading his burst. Though the passive he unlocks doesn't seem super great, unlike the others. Not sure where else I could get more power from at the moment other than finding better artifacts. My characters are all equipped with pretty basic world drop sets, nothing from domains because the main stats that I got from those are generally not great. Anything I could be overlooking? Can't really upgrade Diluc's talents much further because they now require a drop from Dvalin.... (That's going to take forever to upgrade, isn't it?)

Update: So I decided to go on a little resin spending spree since I had some saved up. I think I did around 15 runs using condensed resin, and I didn't get a single feather for the Crimson Witch set. I've got okay artifacts for the other slots, but no feather. What the fuck. Tons of Lavawalker 5* feathers and Martial Artist artifacts though! Even got a sick 5* Crimson Witch goblet with hydro DMG bonus! I'm gonna take the L and just do other stuff that doesn't involve artifacts for a good while :')
You should probably look into upgrading your artifacts if your weapon and character levels are maxed on your dps. And slowly work on the talents but that's not completely up to you at this point. At WL6 you'll get guaranteed 5* artifacts from domains I think so maybe focus on getting temporary artifacts going that are 4*+ and have the main stat you want. Crit rate on helm, pyro on goblet and atk% on sands. Something like that anyways. If you want to keep your sanity temporarily you can do a mixed set for now till those guaranteed 5* artifacts come in. Something like 2 gladiator 2 crimson with the goblet off-set, since there's too many main stats you can get on those. Then you can upgrade them to max level as well. Welcome to near-endgame where you get to farm for artifacts endlessly...and when you're done, you find out all the farming for artifacts just puts you in a better position to farm for more artifacts lol.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Oh god, support Zhongli is a monster. He's ridiculous and the new Millelith artifact set makes him even stronger.

Footage from the new artifact domain:

20k shot + 40k bloom crit damage from Ganyu with Zhongli resistence shred + Millelith 4p Atk bonus + Barbara Thrilling Tales buff + double Geo resonance.
And I have 100% crit rate against frozen enemies even without double Cryo Resonance :grimacing-face:

And you can just face tank everything.
Note: this is also while I'm still building him. He has a level 20 3* weapon, is level 70/80 with the shield talent at level 8 and only 3 artifacts are level 16, the others are at 0. Once I'm done his shield will be even more disgusting. :dmcblob:

• Toucan

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The shield is nasty. I’m not fully invested in HP either, and it times out more often than it breaks. Like, it would be crazy powerful if it was just defensive, but it even lowers enemy resistance.

I got my C1 for Bennett just now through the shop and that’s been a huge upgrade. This dude is like a 5* in disguise.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
#justteapotthings

The shield is nasty. I’m not fully invested in HP either, and it times out more often than it breaks. Like, it would be crazy powerful if it was just defensive, but it even lowers enemy resistance.

I got my C1 for Bennett just now through the shop and that’s been a huge upgrade. This dude is like a 5* in disguise.
Bennett, especially with C1, is probably among the best, if not outright best, 4* characters in the game.
He just combines so much utility. Good heals, Attack buffs, cleansing and all that with low skill CD and energy costs. Just don't activate his C6 if you happen to get it, unless you know what you're doing - it makes him fit into a lot less teams.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
#justteapotthings

Bennett, especially with C1, is probably among the best, if not outright best, 4* characters in the game.
He just combines so much utility. Good heals, Attack buffs, cleansing and all that with low skill CD and energy costs. Just don't activate his C6 if you happen to get it, unless you know what you're doing - it makes him fit into a lot less teams.
Yeah, I read as much somewhere else. I’ll have to see what that does but I won’t be getting that any time soon anyway. I’m all out of primogems, starglitter and fates 😭

That’s a great looking environment in your teapot! I should look into doing more with elevations. Would be nice if there were stairs we could place as well.

• Comfy

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
That’s a great looking environment in your teapot! I should look into doing more with elevations. Would be nice if there were stairs we could place as well.
Yeah, stairs and some road/pavement stuff would be much appreciated.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
Oh god, support Zhongli is a monster. He's ridiculous and the new Millelith artifact set makes him even stronger.

Footage from the new artifact domain:

20k shot + 40k bloom crit damage from Ganyu with Zhongli resistence shred + Millelith 4p Atk bonus + Barbara Thrilling Tales buff + double Geo resonance.
And I have 100% crit rate against frozen enemies even without double Cryo Resonance :grimacing-face:

And you can just face tank everything.
Note: this is also while I'm still building him. He has a level 20 3* weapon, is level 70/80 with the shield talent at level 8 and only 3 artifacts are level 16, the others are at 0. Once I'm done his shield will be even more disgusting. :dmcblob:
Damn it, does that mean I should roll till I get him? Was gonna save to do a couple rolls on the next character but more and more people are saying zhongli is essential.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Damn it, does that mean I should roll till I get him? Was gonna save to do a couple rolls on the next character but more and more people are saying zhongli is essential.
Depends on what you need.
But Zhongli is probably even higher tier than Venti now, and the game doesn't hide that it wants you to use shields, shields and more shields.
From the new boss to the Abyss to any content ever created since he just erases all mechanics.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, I agree that he's currently the best character in the game. Mihoyo seems hell-bent on pushing shields and Zhongli has by far the best shields in the game, and his shield even increases your damage. And even if you build him completely as a shield-bot, he can still throw in some decent damage and crowd control with his Burst.
Let's phrase it like this: he makes it so I can run 1 side of the current Abyss floor 12 without a dedicated healer.
I also don't think he'll be power-crept anytime soon.

BUT, for regular play I don't think it will matter that much. Game's already fairly easy in the over-world/story content, for that he just makes it even easier.
A lot more convenient though even there.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I’m really struggling in that Twisted-something event. I seem to be somewhat under-leveled to attempt expert difficulty and hard is difficult enough without modifiers. At least I got the primogems and crown from the shop.

Now I’m wondering whether I should aim for C3 Diona or get those talent books to reduce the grind. Any thoughts on this? C3 doesn’t seem like a game changer.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I’m really struggling in that Twisted-something event. I seem to be somewhat under-leveled to attempt expert difficulty and hard is difficult enough without modifiers. At least I got the primogems and crown from the shop.

Now I’m wondering whether I should aim for C3 Diona or get those talent books to reduce the grind. Any thoughts on this? C3 doesn’t seem like a game changer.
The max points you can get seem to be 8k per stage, but you only need 5k on average to max out the shop. And 3750 to get the namecard.
I haven't really used Diona since she was the only 4* I was missing, but her C3 seems good. It's basically 3 free extra levels for her Burst.
But use whatever helps you the most right now, just make sure to eventually pick up Diona before the event ends, everything aside from her and the Crown is just a little bit of resin saving.

But I can carry you with Ganyu and Zhongli if you want. Something between 6k and 7k should be doable.:steam_pigblanket:

• Comfy

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The max points you can get seem to be 8k per stage, but you only need 5k on average to max out the shop. And 3750 to get the namecard.
I haven't really used Diona since she was the only 4* I was missing, but her C3 seems good. It's basically 3 free extra levels for her Burst.
But use whatever helps you the most right now, just make sure to eventually pick up Diona before the event ends, everything aside from her and the Crown is just a little bit of resin saving.

But I can carry you with Ganyu and Zhongli if you want. Something between 6k and 7k should be doable.:steam_pigblanket:
I managed to pull off 3750 after all! Cranked up the enemies to expert despite only having Diluc at 80, but I gave myself 10 minutes and only picked some of the less harsh modifiers. Based Zhongli. Saved my bacon with those shields. Might take you up on that offer if I can't eek out at least 3750 in the later ones though :blobmorning2:

Yeah, you're right that Diona is probably a better choice since the only other way to get that constellation would be gacha. I don't really use her now, but apparently she's decent and I may end up slotting her into my second team for SA.

You should probably look into upgrading your artifacts if your weapon and character levels are maxed on your dps. And slowly work on the talents but that's not completely up to you at this point. At WL6 you'll get guaranteed 5* artifacts from domains I think so maybe focus on getting temporary artifacts going that are 4*+ and have the main stat you want. Crit rate on helm, pyro on goblet and atk% on sands. Something like that anyways. If you want to keep your sanity temporarily you can do a mixed set for now till those guaranteed 5* artifacts come in. Something like 2 gladiator 2 crimson with the goblet off-set, since there's too many main stats you can get on those. Then you can upgrade them to max level as well. Welcome to near-endgame where you get to farm for artifacts endlessly...and when you're done, you find out all the farming for artifacts just puts you in a better position to farm for more artifacts lol.
Forgot to thank you for the suggestions. It prompted me to take another look at the ones I had and while they’re mostly purples from world drops, I was able to reconfigure some stuff better. Though getting the right element on the chalice (?) seems near impossible. I could only find a small handful that fit, mostly on blues and that was from all my time playing up to now. I don’t know that I’ll have the patience to find those for 5* artifacts.

Definitely leaving the artifact hunt for WL45 because even that one session sapped a lot of my goodwill towards the game. Hopefully the improved drop rate will make a difference, but I think I should just focus on first getting a set with okay (sub)stats and treating the “best in slot” stuff that guides suggest as statistical anomaly that’s a bonus at best.

I've now leveled all the important talents on my characters as far as I can. Everyone but my dps is also at 60/70, and I leveled up their weapons to 60 or 70. Would it be worth leveling up the characters higher in preparation for WL45? I read that it's okay to leave them lower level. Maybe at least Zhongli, so I can put more points in his shield. For reference, the other supports on the team are Xingqui and Bennett.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Forgot to thank you for the suggestions. It prompted me to take another look at the ones I had and while they’re mostly purples from world drops, I was able to reconfigure some stuff better. Though getting the right element on the chalice (?) seems near impossible. I could only find a small handful that fit, mostly on blues and that was from all my time playing up to now. I don’t know that I’ll have the patience to find those for 5* artifacts.

Definitely leaving the artifact hunt for WL45 because even that one session sapped a lot of my goodwill towards the game. Hopefully the improved drop rate will make a difference, but I think I should just focus on first getting a set with okay (sub)stats and treating the “best in slot” stuff that guides suggest as statistical anomaly that’s a bonus at best.

I've now leveled all the important talents on my characters as far as I can. Everyone but my dps is also at 60/70, and I leveled up their weapons to 60 or 70. Would it be worth leveling up the characters higher in preparation for WL45? I read that it's okay to leave them lower level. Maybe at least Zhongli, so I can put more points in his shield. For reference, the other supports on the team are Xingqui and Bennett.
The Goblet is almost always going to be your off-set piece, don't worry what set it's from, just take it and use the other 4 slots for set-boni.

Artifact farming sucks, I can only stomach it in short bursts while spending my resin on literally anything else otherwise. With the new artifact exp items in the housing shop it might get a littler better (but that's going to take quite a while to unlock), but unless they introduce some sort of "pity" or way to reroll artifacts it will continue to suck. There's just too much RNG on top of RNG on top of resin limitations.

Those are all great supports that will make you noticeably stronger with investment. I'd probably get Zhongli and Bennett to 70/80 though for Zhongli's shield and Bennett's Burst.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, I agree that he's currently the best character in the game. Mihoyo seems hell-bent on pushing shields and Zhongli has by far the best shields in the game, and his shield even increases your damage. And even if you build him completely as a shield-bot, he can still throw in some decent damage and crowd control with his Burst.
Let's phrase it like this: he makes it so I can run 1 side of the current Abyss floor 12 without a dedicated healer.
I also don't think he'll be power-crept anytime soon.

BUT, for regular play I don't think it will matter that much. Game's already fairly easy in the over-world/story content, for that he just makes it even easier.
A lot more convenient though even there.
Gah, maybe I'll throw some money and let the gacha gods do their thing.

[UWSL]Forgot to thank you for the suggestions. It prompted me to take another look at the ones I had and while they’re mostly purples from world drops, I was able to reconfigure some stuff better. Though getting the right element on the chalice (?) seems near impossible. I could only find a small handful that fit, mostly on blues and that was from all my time playing up to now. I don’t know that I’ll have the patience to find those for 5* artifacts.[/UWSL]

Always farm assuming your chalice will be off set, unless your luck is stellar. Focus on getting good main stats with one or two substats that benefit you. Farm casually for now, world bosses drop them along with your ascension mats and 1-2 domain runs a day won't kill you.

Your mindset towards artifacts in the second paragraph is correct. I still don't have ideal artifacts and I just consider it more or less done if my artifact level upgrades hit the right sub stats a bit.

My suggestions for your characters is to keep them 10-20 levels under your main DPS, and to just give them good upgraded artifacts instead. Talent levels should be focused on the niche they serve. Reason for this is that 80-90 for your main DPS is going to be a huge drain on your resources. It's something like 170 exp books and the weapon is even worse, not to mention the mora. Level your sub characters conservatively for this reason. Prepare the rest for your main.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Ascheroth Noted! Thanks. I should probably start assembling a second team but I feel like I have my hands full with my first already.

Also managed to slightly improve my previous score to get 4000. Nice. I’ll be content to get the name card and leave it at that.

Edit: That’s a lot of exp books Involution. That’s good to keep in mind. I’d like to think I’ll have that by the time I get to WL50. Even reaching 45 seems to take forever. But I’ll pick some of those exp books up in current event shop after I buy up the yellow talent books.

Last edited:

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
Edit: That’s a lot of exp books Involution. That’s good to keep in mind. I’d like to think I’ll have that by the time I get to WL50. Even reaching 45 seems to take forever. But I’ll pick some of those exp books up in current event shop after I buy up the yellow talent books.
I'd like to suggest that you clean out the Mora, weapon enhancement mats and crown too. They will be limiting factors in the future to you and getting them now will put you in a better spot. Get help in your region if you need to. I think I'm in US region so I can't help if you're EU or Asia.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Ended up deciding to roll on Zhongli's banner.
Got Keqing C1 on pity 77, the very worst constellation in the entire game. :ripblob:

I dumped what I had left, even went to Spiral Abyss to get gems to get 20 more rolls.
Noelle C6 came to save me at pity 20, and Zhongli the very next roll.
Thanks you geo gods :blobhug: