Community MetaRPG | Hurting. Longing. Dancing to disco music.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So, I started playing Might & Magic: Book One over the weekend...

Everything in this post is great !
Great of you for having the bravery to face some old school M&M. Great mapping software ! Just great !

Ooh, just imagine running that type of game in a dual monitor setup with Grid Cartographer :blobdrool:

• Love
Reactions: Arulan

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Seeing the Enderal release makes me wonder about buying the "Skyrim Whatever" version i need as i only have vanilla version.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'll keep an eye out for Skyrim SE deals as i'd want it just for Enderal really.

BlueOdin

No regrets only Drip now
Dec 3, 2018
Dschörmähnie
Don't know if I already asked the question but I am too lazy to search so I'll just aks. With the Yakuza games in the Dragon Engine I always like going into first person mode and walk through the locations. Let's me appreciate the density and details much more. Also always reminds about first person dungeon-crawlers despite never having played one (but I am planning to change it this year...)

Is there a dungeon crawler that is set in a modern city? Or are the all exclusively fantasy with a bit of sci-fi here and there?

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Is there a dungeon crawler that is set in a modern city? Or are the all exclusively fantasy with a bit of sci-fi here and there?
Some of Experience stuff is set in modern day/close future Japan.
Also Shin Megami Tensei for the first 20 minutes, before Tokyo is either nuked or thrown into demon's dimension

Reactions: BlueOdin

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Don't know if I already asked the question but I am too lazy to search so I'll just aks. With the Yakuza games in the Dragon Engine I always like going into first person mode and walk through the locations. Let's me appreciate the density and details much more. Also always reminds about first person dungeon-crawlers despite never having played one (but I am planning to change it this year...)

Cyberpunk. So might not be exactly what you are asking for...

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
15 hours in and I think my main issue with Dragon Age 2 so far is the encounter design. Every fight has three or more waves which fucks up your positioning everytime because they drop out of nowhere and out of all directions. Really not great. My other nitpick is using the same unaltered PNGs for maps for the dungeons. Don't have a problem with them reusing dungeons.

And my main issues with the game feel like a result of the shortened dev time. I quite enjoy the game for what it is despite its faults. It's also warming me up more to RTwP. Might pick up Inquisition in the next sales if my 2070 Super ever comes back to me.

Otherwise I am playing this as a mage after being either tank or rogue with my main character. Thought sometime last year to change it up a little bit. But now I am thinking that I never play the ranger types in RPGs with either my main character nor the party. Or at least not that I can think of. So what would be a good cRPG where I could go with bow and arrow with my main character? Was thinking about it when I maybe give Pillars of Eternity another try I might try it there.
Yeah, I tried replaying Dragon Age 2 last month and I just couldn't push myself through the combat. I think I spent more time modding the game with texture packs and QoL changes, as well as tinkering with Reshade than playing the game itself.

I'll keep an eye out for Skyrim SE deals as i'd want it just for Enderal really.
Skyrim SE is worth it even without Enderal. It makes modding far more stable while keeping the performance intact.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Consider giving Zanki Zero a look. It's set in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo if it's still fits your criteria.

OP
Arulan

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018

I've started to venture outside of Sorpigal in an attempt to find Eriquin on my own. I know you can pay a gem to the Leprechaun to get there. Some of these encounters can be pretty tough, even for the level 3 party I have now. Once I found the road I started to make some distance. I found sign posts alerting me of other nearby towns, but nothing on Eriquin so far.

The combat is a lot better than I remember. Between the system that determine which of your party and enemies are in melee range, the variety of spells, and challenging encounters, the tactics of it all is pretty enjoyable. Maybe even more so than some of the later entries? I'll have to see when I have them fresh in memory.

I've gone back and forth on some of my mapping standards. I'm trying to keep it similar to what I'd draw on paper, but some of the niceties of Grid Cartographer (descriptive icons, ease of coloring) make it hard to resist sprucing it up a little. As you can see I traveled down a few roads...

If a blobber asks you if you want to drink from a fountain, the answer is yes.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I might have to get Grid Cartographer downloaded as i plan on diving into my DRPG collection sometime soon once i've cleared some games from my library that i'm halfway through. I went on a buying spree last year in sales and i now have about 28 of the things! Good times.

Reactions: Pommes

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Aha! It was in here! Anyway, Conglomerate 451 is £3.61 on Fanatical at the moment.

I'll tag in BlueOdin in case they're still looking.

Also, Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk is on a deal for the next day and a bit at humble.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

No regrets only Drip now
Dec 3, 2018
Dschörmähnie
Aha! It was in here! Anyway, Conglomerate 451 is £3.61 on Fanatical at the moment.

I'll tag in BlueOdin in case they're still looking.

Also, Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk is on a deal for the next day and a bit at humble.
Thanks! I am only kind of looking and mostly out of academic interest. But the thing I am more interested in would be a more contemporary setting. But thanks for thinkg about me :sendlove:

_

Kind of want to go back to Fallout 2 but I don't know when. Still in the middle of Yakuza 6, Outriders interests me, Saga Frontier Remastered is coming up and I also should continue Nioh 2.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky
OP
Arulan

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018

Anyone checking it out in Early Access? I loved The Age of Decadence (Dungeon Rats was enjoyable too), butI think I'm going to wait until its finished.