texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

Free AC2 next week via Uplay.

The oft-delayed, always-mysterious Dead Island 2 might still be coming if a new job listing at developer Dambuster Studios is any indication. The position is for an art director to work on a recreation of Los Angeles and, "create the sun soaked backdrop to a full scale zombie apocalypse set across the iconic Californian city for the next installment in the world renowned Dead Island franchise." The listing also references creating a title for, "current and future platforms," potentially hinting at a cross-gen release for the game.
Gonna be interesting to see how DI2 will fare compared to its original devs', similar-themed spiritual successor Dying Light 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Mor

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Can't wait for "Not available in your country". Just like the Index, first gen Steam Controller, Steam link, physical Steam gift card etc.

A grocery store near me has all sorts of gift cards. Game pass, Origin, UPlay, Xbox Gold, Nintendo eShop, Nintendo Online, PS Plus, PS gift card, Netflix, HBO, Viaplay etc. Just not Steam gift cards.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Can't wait for "Not available in your country". Just like the Index, first gen Steam Controller, Steam link, physical Steam gift card etc.

A grocery store near me has all sorts of gift cards. Game pass, Origin, UPlay, Xbox Gold, Nintendo eShop, Nintendo Online, PS Plus, PS gift card, Netflix, HBO, Viaplay etc. Just not Steam gift cards.
A physical store EBgames, Gamespot derivative, has the exclusive rights to sell links and the controller in Australia and keeps the price very high. Though they did eventually firesale the links as no one wanted them. No way to get an Index though.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

That sucks.

I'm always surprised when I go to some random grocery store here and actually (more often than not) see Steam gift cards there.
(I'm not sure why really -- I know more people who play on Steam around here than any other platform, but I guess I still always think of it as a geeky niche)

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Just order it to some post office in Sweden and then have them ship it to you.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
That sucks.

I'm always surprised when I go to some random grocery store here and actually (more often than not) see Steam gift cards there.
(I'm not sure why really -- I know more people who play on Steam around here than any other platform, but I guess I still always think of it as a geeky niche)
It's weird because I know a ton of people who use Steam. I would actually go as far to say that Steam and PC Gaming is bigger than console gaming here in Norway or at least on par with Playstation, many of my friends who were previously console gamers (like myself) primarily play on PC now. Yet Steam gift cards and Steam hardware are not available here.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
That sucks.

I always note how those cards basically vanish near or after a Sale in the grocery near me. I wonder who is buying them, though, My guess would be kids that don't have their own bank account yet. After all, paying digitally on a digital platform is so much more comfortable.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I always note how those cards basically vanish near or after a Sale in the grocery near me. I wonder who is buying them, though, My guess would be kids that don't have their own bank account yet. After all, paying digitally on a digital platform is so much more comfortable.
That is what I would do when I was younger and didn't have a card to use
I would just use gift cards to buy stuff online.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I love them since I can request them as a present rather than cash or cash card.

Disaster Report 4 is now available on Humble if anyone has a monthly subscriber discount.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Finished Disaster Report 4 just now.

What a great, weird, janky, charming game :)
Dudeeeeeeeeee :_(

With this corona situation I don't want to spend any money on games as I don't know what will happen to me in the next few months but I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU ENJOYED IT!!!! Disaster Report 4 deserves a lot of love, it's Janky but amazing.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I think I'm done with Planet Zoo for now because the game just keeps crashing way too often in my current Zoo.

I think I'm going to just contact Frontier and ask them if there are any work arounds.

Also is there anything "good" out there that I can "binge listen to", it doesn't have to be a podcast and could just be a TV show that is on Hulu or something like that, that I can just listen to in the background while playing DQ.

Deleted member 113

I really need to be less quick about adding games to my wishlist. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Two reasons:
-first, after deleting my wishlist (which had 12000+ entries), I'm back at almost 900 entries in a short period of time; :unsure:
-second, I see a title with nice pixel graphics, and I add it, pretty much without reading it; and after a quick glimpse of a couple of seconds, I just added a game that looked like a "plain" pixel art shmup, and next thing you know, after a few more seconds the (auto-playing) trailer starts showing a character doing oral sex in-between the shooting bits. :ROFLMAO:

---

Speaking of wishlisting upcoming games, how did I miss that Dragon Marked for Death is coming soon to PC??? :eek:

Some great games coming out this month, especially if the rumoured date for Streets of Rage 4 is true.

---

EDIT: This one looks nice:

Last edited by a moderator:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I really need to be less quick about adding games to my wishlist. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Two reasons:
-first, after deleting my wishlist (which had 12000+ entries), I'm back at almost 900 entries in a short period of time; :unsure:
-second, I see a title with nice pixel graphics, and I add it, pretty much without reading it; and after a quick glimpse of a couple of seconds, I just added a game that looked like a "plain" pixel art shmup, and next thing you know, after a few more seconds the (auto-playing) trailer starts showing a character doing oral sex in-between the shooting bits. :ROFLMAO:
What game was this? Asking for a friend...

Deleted member 113

What game was this? Asking for a friend...
It's called Aster.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with sex and nudity in a game, if it makes sense.
But, as you may see by the trailer, the game seems like a decent shmup, with nice pixel-art, and then you get a scene with what I assume is the main character having sex with 3 guys, and it just looks random, and gratuitous.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Well, they keep throwing to our face the fact that the game is one year exclusive. It's weird, not even EGSclusive did this, they'll just stay silent until 1-2 month before exclusivity period is over.
Yeah, my copy came with a sticker that specifically said PS exclusive until 4/10/21.

Reactions: lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

I really want to change my peripherals to wireless but I'm worried about signal interference :thinking-face:

My xbox one s controller won't stay connected over bluetooth

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Can you rebind controller buttons on The Surge? Attacking with right trigger and bumper buttons is just weird. Why did they use these buttons?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Can you rebind controller buttons on The Surge? Attacking with right trigger and bumper buttons is just weird. Why did they use these buttons?
It's the standard in Souls-like games.

I'm not sure about remapping through in-game menu, but you can always remap it through Steam controller config.

Reactions: QFNS

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
The Dark Souls-layout gives you access to your fast and slow attack, block and parry buttons all at the same time, without having to move your fingers.
It's pretty important, but I don't really think it's the most comfortable...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
You can rebind everything ingame.
But I would give the defaults a try at least. As Line said, that's the standard layout for souls-likes.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I'm probably more used to the God of War like controller schemes where X and Y or Square and Triangle are the attack buttons
Actually, the new God of War (2018) adapts Souls control schemes too, with R1 for light attack and R2 for heavy attack. There's a shield button too with L1.

People aren't kidding when they said that Souls has revolutionized the gaming industry.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Started playing Neverwinter Nights again, haven't played it since back in the day. I thought I would hate the aged graphics but I actually don't mind them at all! But the weird thing about the game is that the performance is complete shit, can barely keep 30fps with 720p resolution. Thankfully the game is old and thus designed for low resolutions.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

I'm from South Africa, I had to import the previous one (cost more than double the normal price). I always wonder if I am the only one here that has it. (same as DK2 and Rift S).

Reactions: lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The gif creation tool was such a fantastic feature of this game. I'm kind of surprised how the most accessible and visually appealing Zachtronics game also seems to be one of the least popular.
Personally, I like all the Zachtronics games, but I can always get into the ones with code more than the visual ones. Primarily since refactoring more complex code-based solutions is just less of a chore compared to refactoring visual ones. (This might be the same reason why, despite the ideas of the 80s, we still aren't programming using flowcharts and diagrams ;))

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
And that is Kingdom Hearts 3 finished, via Xbox Game Pass, won't buy the game unless it releases on PC, but it was still really good.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Actually, the new God of War (2018) adapts Souls control schemes too, with R1 for light attack and R2 for heavy attack. There's a shield button too with L1.

People aren't kidding when they said that Souls has revolutionized the gaming industry.
Not using face buttons for melee action games as default buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.