Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So for people having played the FFVII Remake, is it a complete game already? Last I heard they was talk about releasing it in multiple parts or something. If it's already "done", then they must have streamlined the main story a ton (which might not even be a bad thing)

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
So for people having played the FFVII Remake, is it a complete game already? Last I heard they was talk about releasing it in multiple parts or something. If it's already "done", then they must have streamlined the main story a ton (which might not even be a bad thing)
Putting it all behind spoilertags lest someone compain
It's still multiple parts, the remake ends with you leaving midgar, which in the original was maybe 1/5th of the game.
They haven't streamlined it, quite the opposite in fact. They added new storybeats like some backstory for the minor avalanche members, sidequests, new characters and some disappointing filler material.

Reactions: QFNS

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
It's not "complete", as in it covers maybe 15% of the original.
But looking at how things go, it definitely won't be the same game at all. They added massive amounts of content everywhere (though it seems like it's pretty short for a JRPG, even with the dubious quality of most side content), but the story beats... they get weird.

They should have called it FF7 Reboot rather than Remake.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Playing a bit of Phoenix Point via PC game pass to try it out. It overalls looks and feels like a worse XCOM, like an XCOM game that has lost all it's soul and heart.

Reactions: low-G

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I think I won my will save. Won't buy Fallout 76 on CDkeys. Won't buy Dandy Dungeons either (I know it's good).
The more I don't buy and the more I don't want to buy, for one, but like I may have already said, I'm more and more conscious of my gaming time, and see less and less value in just adding a game to the backlog for the sake of it.

That leaves the matter of Nintendo games like Luigi or Pokemon, or Fire Emblem. I may soon bite the bullet on one, surely Pokemon but I wouldn't exclude Luigi. But I will PLAY them. Fuck hoarding.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The more I don't buy and the more I don't want to buy, for one, but like I may have already said, I'm more and more conscious of my gaming time, and see less and less value in just adding a game to the backlog for the sake of it.
:keur:

Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Putting it all behind spoilertags lest someone compain
It's still multiple parts, the remake ends with you leaving midgar, which in the original was maybe 1/5th of the game.
They haven't streamlined it, quite the opposite in fact. They added new storybeats like some backstory for the minor avalanche members, sidequests, new characters and some disappointing filler material.
It's not "complete", as in it covers maybe 15% of the original.
But looking at how things go, it definitely won't be the same game at all. They added massive amounts of content everywhere (though it seems like it's pretty short for a JRPG, even with the dubious quality of most side content), but the story beats... they get weird.

They should have called it FF7 Reboot rather than Remake.
Hmm, sound quite interesting then. I feel FF7 is definitely the roughest of the 3D FF games, and not just in terms of its graphics. Looking forward to this in 2021.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
imagine making a remaster egsclusive

oh wait - they already did that with Ghostbusters and Saints Row 3

Tim sure loves his remasters (and publishers love them too, since they don't have to even give discounts to previous owners)
By doing so, Epic also delays the single pro-consumer thing that 2k does: a free update for the owners of the original game on Steam. That's pathetic imo. I can't possibly understand that so many people are defending such a scummy company because they are giving away free games (and thereby devaluating indie games in an unseen way)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Playing a bit of Phoenix Point via PC game pass to try it out. It overalls looks and feels like a worse XCOM, like an XCOM game that has lost all it's soul and heart.
Here is a case for eggs helping me out. I would have bought Phoenix Point day one on Steam as i love XCOM clones. It being eggs means ive now read all about it and it sounds a bit shit and so i wont be picking it up.

Thanks Epic.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Well heck. I spent 3 hours just in character creation for Code Vein. :face-with-cold-sweat: CC is really nice and robust, sort of. Somehow they gave you the appearance of lots of options but at the same time, there is a lack of fine tuning. No options for Skeletal/Muscular tuning.

Anyway it's way past bedtime, hopefully I can actually PLAY it later.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Well heck. I spent 3 hours just in character creation for Code Vein. :face-with-cold-sweat: CC is really nice and robust, sort of. Somehow they gave you the appearance of lots of options but at the same time, there is a lack of fine tuning. No options for Skeletal/Muscular tuning.

Anyway it's way past bedtime, hopefully I can actually PLAY it later.
You need to show off you char too!!

This was mine

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ah, I definitely will show off. I didn't take any screenshots yet though cuz I forgot to setup ReShade, and that's usually how I go about getting my lossless screens. Also I just saved my character data and quit, didn't make it into game proper yet.

... so tomorrow after I setup ReShade and actually start the game! :cool:

Deleted member 113

I already posted about it before, but Chinatown Detective Agency (an awesome looking adventure game I have been following for some time) is currently on Kickstarter.
Probably as a result of what is currently happening, the campaign has been struggling, and is yet to reach its goal.

There's a demo available, in case anyone wants to try it.

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Here is a case for eggs helping me out. I would have bought Phoenix Point day one on Steam as i love XCOM clones. It being eggs means ive now read all about it and it sounds a bit shit and so i wont be picking it up.

Thanks Epic.
Well not to worry Epic will likely be giving away the game soon. You just need to have a EGS account. Who cares about devaluing games anyway?
Plus reading the comment off reddit for the mafia post , it seem to be a case of fake news though.

I hope 2K provide the remaster for free on Steam after Mafia finish the exclusive, I mean the Bioshock Remaster was free.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I gotta stay away from Twitter, it's been completely taken over by FF7 pics/gifs.
I'll probably have to put ToCS3 and P5R on hold to play it when my brother is done with it before I have the whole thing spoiled for me.

Reactions: QFNS

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Does anyone actually like TAA or do we just cope with it? It's like modern FXAA, only slightly better? It's still blurry, has trouble with fast moving edges, and adds ghosting on top of that. Bleh.

DLSS seems more about taking low res things and making them bigger. But I want an AA solution that does the opposite? Downsampling still feels like the king of AA, but the cost to do it, especially at 4K+ is absolute insanity. :face-with-cold-sweat:
I love TAA because it eliminates shimmering. Some implementations are bad/blurry but many are great. And it costs peanuts in performance most of the time.

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Gamesplanet had Code Vein Deluxe edition for around 30 euros a few days ago. I was tempted to buy it, but I wasn't sure if I was to play soon.

edit:
So I have been playing some more The Surge yesterday. I am still in the first area. There is a big crane monster in the area. That damn thing is too freaking difficult to kill. When I am getting hang of killing it, suddenly there is a white human monster that wants to join the party to kill me. How do I kill the damn crane monster? I have been checking video walkthroughs, for some reason I think that the the area where the crane monster is is a bit bigger and more space to avoid it's attacks. And also there is no other monster.
Is there a difference between the console version and PC version?

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Gamesplanet had Code Vein Deluxe edition for around 30 euros a few days ago. I was tempted to buy it, but I wasn't sure if I was to play soon.

edit:
So I have been playing some more The Surge yesterday. I am still in the first area. There is a big crane monster in the area. That damn thing is too freaking difficult to kill. When I am getting hang of killing it, suddenly there is a white human monster that wants to join the party to kill me. How do I kill the damn crane monster? I have been checking video walkthroughs, for some reason I think that the the area where the crane monster is is a bit bigger and more space to avoid it's attacks. And also there is no other monster.
Is there a difference between the console version and PC version?
I think I focused on the humanoid first to get it out of the way. You can also just ignore it, it's optional.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I already posted about it before, but Chinatown Detective Agency (an awesome looking adventure game I have been following for some time) is currently on Kickstarter.
Probably as a result of what is currently happening, the campaign has been struggling, and is yet to reach its goal.

There's a demo available, in case anyone wants to try it.

For what it's worth, I did my part on day one of the campaign. I stopped backing games after the Epic debacle (not as a direct response, it just came natural) but I had to make an exception for this and Gamedec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.