Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Happenings in Sean vs Valve anti-trust lawsuit

Looks like they're dropping developers out of lawsuit.
Seems like how it should've been from start.
(Valve has until 21st to reply, unless amended complaint resets that?)
Sadly no one has shared it :(

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Siege of Avalon is literally Wasted Potential: The Game. Just saying to tamper your expectations, there's a reason why the game is barely talked about even among the hardcore RPG crowd.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Would it play like a Mortal Kombat again? Then I don't want Boon to do it.

It should be something wholly different like those old arcade kaiju games and even more so.

What's with that threshold? There aren't 15 well known MK characters or DC or Marvel heroes but the known and the overall quality of a good game supports it.

I play characters I didn't know of before if they're fun and the game itself is fun. Were Guardians of the Galaxy household names before (& after?) a cool movie?

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This any good? I seem to remember it in the press as some forgettable looking Diablo knock off back then. Though it may have been another.

Gog user reviews say it's awesome and was super buggy back then but still worth it cos it was so good but those are always nostalgia freaks.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
i would say it all screams Destroy All Humans 2 remake
I know very little of the destroy all humans series, but yes it does appear to be that. I was close in my description I will say :D

Ed Boon might be hinting at a monsterverse fighting game?

I hope this is the next game that Netherrealm develops. I would love a new Godzilla fighting game.
Dear Ed Boon - War\King of the Monsters style gameplay or stick with MK please.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Ed Boon might be hinting at a monsterverse fighting game?

I hope this is the next game that Netherrealm develops. I would love a new Godzilla fighting game.
Doesn't Rampage exist already? They even made a movie about it recently as well, I guess they did that after the news of the Godzilla vs King Kong thing was announced years ago.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone tell me the appeal of games like Diablo, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Torchlight?

Seems like all you do is click and click. There is no other motivating factor like a story.

:thinking-face:

• Toucan
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Anyone tell me the appeal of games like Diablo, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Torchlight?

Seems like all you do is click and click. There is no other motivating factor like a story.

You have a point there. The main appeal of these games is the loot. You defeat enemies to get loot to be able to defeat even harder enemies. Most of them have a main story which will lead you to different places, but as I mentioned earlier, nothing comes close to Diablo. That's why I very rarely finish them, I can only finish Diablo games. There's a reason why Diablo is well-loved besides the gameplay and loot system. Unlike the majority of other ARPG I've played, Diablo's lore, story, and characters are the main reasons that keep me hooked until the end.

• This!
Reactions: Stevey and Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
If it's because of Nomura then I guess FF7R is a lost cause too then.
You can bet they moneyhatted that one, but yeah, I do think they are following the Nomura path.

• Sad
Reactions: Gintaro

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

It's the build and how you set up your character as you progress or by the end game.
Simple gameplay and interesting 'character build' options.
In Grim Dawn, the game puts good focus on your stats and passive abilities so I favour that. It's one of the neat elements of RPGs (tunig and setting up your character to your preference).
I’ve always said that Nomura fucking sucks but y’all refused to listen!
oooof

Reactions: MegaApple

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
in 1 year (I guess) I'll also buy this

All good things for those who wait. :evilblob:

In fact their planning is perfect:
What we get in 2021 - Legend of Mana, Nier Replicant, SaGa Frontier, LIS 3...
What we get in 2022 - KH, FF7R and NEO

What do they get in 2021 - KH, FF7R and NEO
What do they get in 2022 - Legend of Mana, Nier Replicant, SaGa Frontier, LIS 3...

:coffee-blob:

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: Cacher

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Can't help but have small worries that it might be permanent exclusives :notlikethisblob:
Highly doubt, to be honest, but if you worry about that, IDK, contact them from time to time.

• Sad
Reactions: Gintaro

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Ah, the wonderful feeling of not caring even a little about anime games [UWSL]:coffee-blob:[/UWSL]

(I have no idea if these games are considered anime or not, don't @ me, I just wanted to make a lame joke)
Square refers to this game as a sequel to the anime adaption of the first game in particular so you’re not exactly wrong

Reactions: Alexandros

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
What do they get in 2022 - Legend of Mana, Nier Replicant, SaGa Frontier, LIS 3...
Wait, these are SQEX's games on Epic next year? This is stupid as fuck and somehow clever at the same time.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Wait, these are SQEX's games on Epic next year? This is stupid as fuck and somehow clever at the same time.
Nah, just wanted to joke a bit, I think EGS is getting LIS 3 this year too but no official word has happened but a trailer.
I do think Steam will get more things in the long term than EGS, but we will have to wait and see.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Nah, just wanted to joke a bit, I think EGS is getting LIS 3 this year too but no official word has happened but a trailer.
I do think Steam will get more things in the long term than EGS, but we will have to wait and see.
Ah, I see. Thanks:cat-heart-blob:
Anyway, we will be able to play these games eventually. It is pretty funny that Kingdom Hearts launch on EGS a few days ago yet from I notice, there are not much noise around the Internet.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Ah, I see. Thanks:cat-heart-blob:
Anyway, we will be able to play these games eventually. It is pretty funny that Kingdom Hearts launch on EGS a few days ago yet from I notice, there are not much noise around the Internet.
KH PC talking is completely silent, aside of the big fans that jumped in, most people completely ignored them. That's why I don't understand Square-Enix, like, why the fuck are you killing the hype by releasing them late, expensive and as an exclusive of a store that most don't want to use? ah yeah, the right in the face paycheck of a few millions so you don't care at all if it sells or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.