Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
KH PC talking is completely silent, aside of the big fans that jumped in, most people completely ignored them. That's why I don't understand Square-Enix, like, why the fuck are you killing the hype by releasing them late, expensive and as an exclusive of a store that most don't want to use? ah yeah, the right in the face paycheck of a few millions so you don't care at all if it sells or not.
Yeah, it's like they completely ignored the lost of goodwill and community reaction towards them. I guess that those are nothing to them (eg. how they handled FFXIII and Nier Automata ports on PC) and the cheque is really big enough for them to not care.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Why?
Square Enix Japan has been doing timed exclusivity deals with Playstation for basically a decade. It's their thing, and this seems like a straight continuation of that (shitty) policy.
Pretty much, then in a year an Steam version, an Xbox version, or any platform left version will get a port out of nowhere and that's all. like it has been happening with Octopath Traveler, 3 different releases (4 if you count stadia)

DQ XI also got multiple releases in this same way, so I don't know why KH, NEO or FF7R (if it happens) should be any different.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I might actually cave into FFVIIR on EGS if it's exclusive. I have waited 1 year now on the PC version, it's been fucking hard. I don't think I can do 2 years, I want to play it so badly.
As I've said before, I appreciate anyone doing the best they personally can to oppose Epic and its practices. Whatever you decide to do about this particular game, your overall effort and commitment is commendable.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Btw in case of any misunderstanding, Im not saying I will get FFVIIR on EGS if it's exclusive there for 1 year, Im saying im afraid I will cave in on EGS. I don't want to buy it there, I have every single other FF game on Steam. So I quite frankly don't know what I will do if Remake turn out to be EGS exclusive.

It's one of my most wanted games to play these days.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I might actually cave into FFVIIR on EGS if it's exclusive. I have waited 1 year now on the PC version, it's been fucking hard. I don't think I can do 2 years, I want to play it so badly.
Another option is to sail the high seas and buy the game when it comes to another storefront. You've been incredibly strong against Epic's money hatting so far, it would be sad to see you cave in after all. Not Epic nor Square deserve our money imo.

• This!
Reactions: Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Another option is to sail the high seas and buy the game when it comes to another storefront. You've been incredibly strong against Epic's money hatting so far, it would be sad to see you cave in after all. Not Epic nor Square deserve our money imo.
Im thinking of playing it on PS5 whenever I get it and Integrade is out. Then wait out the PC version.

But I'll see.

• Love
Reactions: Ge0force

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Might as well just wait for part 2 at this point. And play the first leading straight into the 2nd lol.

You'll have a much a better and complete experience that way.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
My tiny hope on the whole SE and EGS deal is that it's only KH and TWEWY because they are new franchises to the PC space and so FFVIIR will be on Steam. If not, well I guess they will be on my "spite" list. Except I might actually play FFVIIR instead of leaving it on my HDD.

Anyways what's so great about TWEWY? It's just a Persona 5 (Which will hopefully come to PC this year) spinoff isn't it? /s

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have the PS4 versionb of FFVIIR which leaves me with these option:

Play PS4 version now and wait out the PC version
Wait till I manage to get a PS5 and play the Integrade version and wait out the PC version.
Buy the EGS version (I assume it's Integrade)

Im aiming for one of the 2 first currently.

• Love
Reactions: Ge0force

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I will play FF7R in ten years, after all of them released. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
This is the main issue tbh. Why get all worked up to play the first part of a game when the 2nd and possible 3rd part are years and years away and might not even ever be released?

Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
man
i am kinds more annoyed at Square x Nomura for releasing the sequel without ever porting the first game (TWEVY final mix is only on switch), than the fact it got 🥚'd , especially looking at that 63€ PSN price
NEO is the sequel to the anime. Stop resisting and watch anime. :fashionblob:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
This is the main issue tbh. Why get all worked up to play the first part of a game when the 2nd and possible 3rd part are years and years away and might not even ever be released?
I get why people want to play it: it's a remake of a classic, the best looking JRPG out there and its production value / length are good enough to present as a standalone game.

But to me it is still an incomplete game, compared with the original. I wouldn't play it today, just to forget everything about it after a few years when the second part arrives.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I will play FF7R in ten years, after all of them released. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
10 years sounds about right.
Anyway, part 1 is worth playing, despite some annoying filler in the first half and Jessie being one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen, I had a great time with it.

Reactions: Cacher
Dec 5, 2018
I will play FF7R in ten years, after all of them released.
The year is 2031, Square Enix announces Fina Fantasy VII Remake the complete pack Final Edition Complete only six months after releasing Final Fantasy VII Remake The complete pack Final Editions owners of the previous versions will have to pay 30€ to get an upgrade to play the final post credits epilogue.

just find the gameplay and artstyle of original twevy
I think the original with mouse control would be fun, but since S-E would not properly implement it ...

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
You have a point there. The main appeal of these games is the loot. You defeat enemies to get loot to be able to defeat even harder enemies. Most of them have a main story which will lead you to different places, but as I mentioned earlier, nothing comes close to Diablo. That's why I very rarely finish them, I can only finish Diablo games. There's a reason why Diablo is well-loved besides the gameplay and loot system. Unlike the majority of other ARPG I've played, Diablo's lore, story, and characters are the main reasons that keep me hooked until the end.
Likewise, I'm a little too old to get excited over a power treadmill. Mood, story, atmosphere, role-playing are what keeps me hooked and skill trees that feel like I need to PhD to start playing don't really help.

Reactions: Tomasety

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
But to me it is still an incomplete game, compared with the original. I wouldn't play it today, just to forget everything about it after a few years when the second part arrives.
I welcome the influx of Tifa fan arts with open arms but I will always recommend playing the original (with The Reunion mod) over FF7R.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'd honestly forgotton KH existed on PC and I really wanted to play it. I know I'm forgetful in general but stick a game on EGS and it just gets removed from all thought these days. If's still a shit thing putting it on there, but it's just a another negative that pushed under the "whatever" carpet.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Bought Outriders with the GMG discount and some leftover store credit.

All good things for those who wait. :evilblob:

In fact their planning is perfect:
What we get in 2021 - Legend of Mana, Nier Replicant, SaGa Frontier, LIS 3...
What we get in 2022 - KH, FF7R and NEO

What do they get in 2021 - KH, FF7R and NEO
What do they get in 2022 - Legend of Mana, Nier Replicant, SaGa Frontier, LIS 3...

:coffee-blob:
What we get in 2021 is better than what we get in 2022. And I love Kingdom Hearts and TWEWY

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
What we get in 2021 is better than what we get in 2022. And I love Kingdom Hearts and TWEWY
TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, I agree hahaha

I, in fact, hope this little things keep coming to Steam because it's the stuff I enjoy the most and, SURPRISE, I already pre-ordered them :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

ND is working on a remake of the first TLOU for whatever reason (PC release?)
Days Gone 2 not happening despite the first game being profitable
What the fuck for Days Gone 2. I thought a sequel was 100% on the cards.

And with Sony's recent PC push maybe this new TLOU remake will hit PC.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone tell me the appeal of games like Diablo, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Torchlight?

Seems like all you do is click and click. There is no other motivating factor like a story.

:thinking-face:
I can talk only about PoE as it was the only one I played for more time, there are some lore in the game if you care about it, though what attracted me to it was the gameplay loop. Fight mobs > get loot > get skill gems > level up character > repeat.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I'm going to wake up one morning and read that P5R is EGSclusive and be sad.
Nah, you won't, Atlus found the place they wanted and since P4G they have been quite consistent :cat-heart-blob:

Square is like the whore of Babylon, drop some pennies and you will see.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm still not convinced FF7R will be EGS. It's an order of magnitude more important to the Squenix brand than TWEWY or even KH. The bill would be something else. Or maybe a 3-months EGSclusivity.
Permanent exclusivity ? Absolutely no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.