Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Steam Recommending I buy Cold Steel 4 because it is similar to other recent games I've played. Like Cold Steel 3 (105 hours), and Yakuza Like a Dragon (102 hours). Ah dang. There goes my summer.

• Gib
Reactions: NarohDethan

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
ToCS 4 is the perfect starting point, from there you can then play 1,2,3 and then 3rd and sky 2 and 1 in that order to properly understand the story and enjoy it to the fullest!
Damn Kiseki fans and their gatekeeping.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Sonic Colors should have been on PC a million years ago. Unfortunately, the game isn't great. Planet Wisp is the goat, though.

• Sad
Reactions: PhaZZe and lashman

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
KH PC talking is completely silent, aside of the big fans that jumped in, most people completely ignored them. That's why I don't understand Square-Enix, like, why the fuck are you killing the hype by releasing them late, expensive and as an exclusive of a store that most don't want to use? ah yeah, the right in the face paycheck of a few millions so you don't care at all if it sells or not.
no idea what the terms were for Neo TWEWY, but for a franchise as high=profile as KH, I'm guessing that Epic paid SE more than enough to offset any near-term loss in sales. and it's fuckin' KH, it'll sell on Steam whenever it's released there

speaking of which, from a new court filing in the Epic/Apple lawsuit

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Do I need to play ToCS 1-3 to play 4?+
Don't be silly. Jump right in, you won't miss a thing.
Except,
  • knowing who the characters are,
  • the context for basically anything that's not completely obvious,
  • info on anything Falcom forgot to explain properly to newcomers (which by this point will probably be a lot),
  • engagement with the setting and its themes up to this point.
  • And it will spoil like 8 different games, all of which you would probably enjoy as well if you like this one, maybe even more if you played it in the release order.

But no, except for those few things, you won't miss a thing.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Oh man, Cold Steel 4 using Valve's suggested price over here, I'm not playing it anytime soon since I still have the Crossbell and Sen 3 to play but I'm mighty tempted just to show support for that.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Timmy made me dust off and turn on my PS4 for the first time in weeks. The things I do to avoid EGS.
I honestly won't judge you if you ever "cave in" on buying games on EGS. But I'm so damn proud of you that you're still voting with your wallet against Epic's money hatting!

If Epic's current strategy fails and they are forced to actually care about us as consumers, it's thanks to people like you. Respect m8! 👍

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Oh man, Cold Steel 4 using Valve's suggested price over here, I'm not playing it anytime soon since I still have the Crossbell and Sen 3 to play but I'm mighty tempted just to show support for that.
Hopefully they also follows the suggested price for R-Type Final 2

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
VIIR is decent so far, great graphics, decent combat, but Im getting annoyed by the amount of cutscenes and scripted animations (I don't know what it's actually called), feels like 30 seconds of gameplay, then 30 second of cutscene/scripted animation, then again and again and again.

I finished the original on 23rd december last year according to the Steam cheevo for finishing the game, I loved it, but sometimes feels off with the Remake, too much cutting from the actual gameplay so far.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
VIIR is decent so fun, great graphics, decent combat, but Im getting annoyed by the amount of cutscenes and scripted animations, feels like 30 seconds of gameplay, then 30 second of cutscene/scripted animation, then again and again and again.
I've yet to play the full game myself, but when I played the demo last year on the PS4, I absolutely hated all those anime grunts they do. Things like this needs to be taken out or toned down for Western audiences. Final Fantasy 13's Vanille has the same problem.

• This!
Reactions: Parsnip

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I've yet to play the full game myself, but when I played the demo last year on the PS4, I absolutely hated all those anime grunts they do. Things like this needs to be taken out or toned down for Western audiences. Final Fantasy 13's Vanille has the same problem.

• Toucan
Reactions: ExistentialThought

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I took the dust of my PS4, got the first Kingdom Hearts collection and I can't say I'm feeling it. I will actually thank EGS this time because I would have paid SE's insane regional pricing if they had released it on Steam. I will give another shot, but I just can't see myself spending another two or three hours on it.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I took the dust of my PS4, got the first Kingdom Hearts collection and I can't say I'm feeling it. I will actually thank EGS this time because I would have paid SE's insane regional pricing if they had released it on Steam. I will give another shot, but I just can't see myself spending another two or three hours on it.
Yeah I did a playthrough of the series (all in one package) just before the original PS4 launch for 3, and it was a struggle. Bare in mind I had no nostalgia for the series so I came in fresh, it felt very clunky, story never grabbed me. I did end up loving KH3 though. Still might get that when it hits steam for the critical mode as that was patched in later.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Not sure if this was posted didn't see it here.

Something I personally have been wanting for a long time. It makes it so much more appealing to just be able to use Steam.
If Queen hadn't mentioned it, I'd dismiss it simply because Tyler is the source. The way he talked though, it sounded like Valve is trying to court MS and not the other way around. If Tyler is correct (lol), it might mean the fully fledged version of Game Pass might come to Steam instead of a limited one that only has first party MS games. That's probably wishful thinking though.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I wonder what the price will be if its just 1st party Xbox stuff. It can't be 10$ but 5 also too low for big games like Starfield.

Maybe certain games will be locked to 15$ Ultimate while the rest will be basic tier like 7$ or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.