Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Cozy Grove
Fantasian 1/2
Wonderbox
World of Demons

Calm down, Apple :sweaty-blob:

Musing with a purchase of Savior of Sapphire Wings & Labyrinth of Refrain (both on key resellers). Must resist.

I'm like REALLY in a weeb mood. Even installed Neptunia 1.
And AI The Somnium files. And Ryza 1. And Ray Gigant. And Valkyria Chronicles. And Yakuza 0, because of course.

Anddd
re-playing Disgaea 1.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
God, i still hate the way i have to have the steam client be FREAKING HUGE on my screen these days especially the store and publisher lists. GIMME BACK COMPACT STORE AND LISTS ETC, GABE!

Sorry, am cranky today and the steam layout is particularly annoying me. I'll be back to putting up with it again tomorrow.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
...FREAKING HUGE on my screen...
Yeah... modern user experience design is such garbage in my opinion. So much wasted space everywhere, and HUGE images wherever you look...
Spotify just updated their Windows app where the main theme seemed to be "how can we waste the maximum amount of screen space?"... that is why I keep using Winamp and buying my stuff via Bandcamp (physical vinyl delivery + download immediately + streaming app, its perfect).

Speaking of, its Bandcamp Friday, where they wave their fees and artists get all the profit. I made a list of some albums I like that are on Bandcamp that you might like too:

(the list is a series of tweets that would be too much for here)

But yeah, um, Steam. Yeah, the store is too cluttered for me too. I'd like to customize a bunch of stuff away.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'll have to have a look at Bandcamp today. I was planning on it as i've had a bunch of notifications of new albums dropping in the last day or two. Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I like minimalism in UI design in that it's harder to fuck it up and produce something completely garish or unusable. It's still possible to get unusable menus, as Microsoft continues to prove, but I think that's more due to the fact that modern Microsoft doesn't understand how to design effective interfaces. I doubt it would be much better if they had stuck to the Aero design of Win 7.

Another nice thing about minimalist UIs is the fact that they lend themselves to things like themeing, Having a dark or light version of the same UI is much easier for a flat minimalist menu than something that is more involved or has complex effects.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Far Cry New Dawn is a very boring game yet for some reason I just wanna finish it so Ive activated a bunch of cheats via WeMod.

Reactions: lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It Takes Two is blowing up for some reason. It's at nearly 17k users right now. I thought it would have died down after the first week.

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I think the word of mouth reports are spreading out between circles of friends and giving it a boost. I can't see it dropping for a few weeks until summer hits and then it'll pick up again in autumn i reckon. I also think it was a bit better than many expected it to be.

Good for them, people are enjoying it and a good co-op game that doesn't look overly edgy or kiddy so you can play with people who don't usually game should always do well while many are still in lockdown.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm still of two minds about Nioh 2. Sometimes it's a thrill and even loosing is fun given how great the fights are. Sometimes it's nail-bittingly bullshit. Looking at you, Karasu Tengu.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Im struggling to get over 5000 in Dorfromantik. I think you are supposed to complete the 'quests', the tiles with the certain amount of trees or farms attached so thats what i try to do but i run out of tiles before ive made much progress.

I like the game though, its good for a couple of goes after a more frantic game to unwind.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I also just put in my preorder for the new 8bitDo Pro 2 which is the same as the old 8BitDo Pro+ but with back triggers.

I really like the 8BitDo Pro+ so this was a bit of a no brainer for me.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
How is that Iberian inspired? The roads aren't full of suicidal scooter and moped riders or tourists who haven't got a fucking clue where they're going! :D
Maybe that's the next DLC?

(This post was based on tales from my ass and based only on old jokes and meme videos)

• Toucan
Reactions: sk2k and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Monument Valley+ was added to Apple Arcade... PC port coming? I loved playing it back in the day and recently had an excellent time playing ustwo's Steam releases of Alba and Assemble with Care.
Well, keeping in mind that most Apple Arcade games have Mac versions and those could be converted to Windows versions after a few months like Where the cards fall, I think there's a huge chance of seeing some of those coming at some point.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I'm still of two minds about Nioh 2. Sometimes it's a thrill and even loosing is fun given how great the fights are. Sometimes it's nail-bittingly bullshit. Looking at you, Karasu Tengu.
Oh mate, you have it easy with the Karasu Tengu in Nioh 2! He's actually unchanged from Nioh 1, but now has a few burst moves (which you can counter). Imagine fighting him without them. :p Anyway, you'll start to hate him less once you meet his big brother in the DLC, LOL. Use the Lightning Talisman against the bird. Slowing him down helps a lot.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I need them to change it noawww ! I need the choice discount :cryblob:
A certain someone hooked me up on it ! You could call him an... enabler ? :cat-pizza-blob:
Now to muse. A lot of musing will be done.

Savior and Refrain on sale :sweaty-blob:
Labyrinth of Refrain with choice discount is not too bad. I'm a little scared because of its crash prone reputation though. On the other hand, it would seem logical that players who encountered issues would be more vocal. There must be a lot who didn't have any ? Right ? :cryblob:

Reactions: Tizoc

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Im struggling to get over 5000 in Dorfromantik. I think you are supposed to complete the 'quests', the tiles with the certain amount of trees or farms attached so thats what i try to do but i run out of tiles before ive made much progress.

I like the game though, its good for a couple of goes after a more frantic game to unwind.
little over 8000 is my high score.
You have to plan for the future, always have a forest that you can expand, fields are more tricky, because they have many EXACT number quests, same with water tiles.
At the moment, you have to play for the quests and not the looks.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Oh mate, you have it easy with the Karasu Tengu in Nioh 2! He's actually unchanged from Nioh 1, but now has a few burst moves (which you can counter). Imagine fighting him without them. :p Anyway, you'll start to hate him less once you meet his big brother in the DLC, LOL. Use the Lightning Talisman against the bird. Slowing him down helps a lot.
Yeah, I'm starting to like those fights less and less. Something's not clicking with Pulse. It all feels like the same old tedious routine I came to hate in DS, as in come at it, and get some RNG move that two-shots me. I feel like a lot about this game revolves around you being aggressive but I'm not figuring it out.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Yeah, I'm starting to like those fights less and less. Something's not clicking with Pulse. It all feels like the same old tedious routine I came to hate in DS, as in come at it, and get some RNG move that two-shots me. I feel like a lot about this game revolves around you being aggressive but I'm not figuring it out.
Hmm, how are you performing the the pulse/fluxes in Nioh 2 on your controller? It can be pretty hard to do them consistently during a fight at first, but perhaps if you changed the way you approached them, it might feel a bit easier to perform.

Here's an excellent guide on Fluxes.

Edit: I suggest getting the Battering Ram skill. It destroys enemy KI very quickly. High Stance single Strong Attack into Battering Ram works very well. It's quick and safe to perform during an opening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swenhir and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.