Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I'm suprised Code Vein is still holding its price. Haven't seen it gone to 75% discount yet.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Honestly the more I hear about this console war bullshit the more I want to retreat to PC lol

Like it literally makes me not want to get a PS5 and keep my Xbox for Gamepass, and Switch for exclusives.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Hmm, how are you performing the the pulse/fluxes in Nioh 2 on your controller? It can be pretty hard to do them consistently during a fight at first, but perhaps if you changed the way you approached them, it might feel a bit easier to perform.

Here's an excellent guide on Fluxes.

Edit: I suggest getting the Battering Ram skill. It destroys enemy KI very quickly. High Stance single Strong Attack into Battering Ram works very well. It's quick and safe to perform during an opening.

I do not have a controller and play on KB&M. Shift + Mheel up/down and click, this sort of thing. I'll take a look at the video!

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Honestly the more I hear about this console war bullshit the more I want to retreat to PC lol

Like it literally makes me not want to get a PS5 and keep my Xbox for Gamepass, and Switch for exclusives.
It's not like PC is immune from its own brand of console wars. Thanks, Tim. :disappointed-face:

Also my PS5 is basically a glorified paperweight right now. I haven't played a single game on it since I finished 13 Sentinels about a month ago. I am going to rent Returnal since that looks fun, but I can't justify spending $70 for a roguelite.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
It's not like PC is immune from its own brand of console wars. Thanks, Tim. :disappointed-face:

Also my PS5 is basically a glorified paperweight right now. I haven't played a single game on it since I finished 13 Sentinels about a month ago. I am going to rent Returnal since that looks fun, but I can't justify spending $70 for a roguelite.
sell it for a thousand bucks and buy a new one when it is available again for 400

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Returnal gameplay does looks like a lot of fun but yea 70$ is kinda fucked up. Roguelites are usually good bang for buck tho but not all of them have that addicting replay value so its gonna be interesting to see how it reviews.

I would buy it on Steam for like 15-20$ if it ever comes :coffee-blob:

Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019

I'm gonna keep playing my PS4 a lot it seems.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Returnal gameplay does looks like a lot of fun but yea 70$ is kinda fucked up. Roguelites are usually good bang for buck tho but not all of them have that addicting replay value so its gonna be interesting to see how it reviews.

I would buy it on Steam for like 15-20$ if it ever comes :coffee-blob:
Returnal is an excellent fit for PC. 2022 Steam release for sure.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
There's a new store banner for a Frontier publisher sale. That's the fifth one this week.

I'm gonna keep playing my PS4 a lot it seems.
Yeah if you have a PS4 I really can't suggest a PS5 right now. My PS4 died due to a power surge in a lightning storm last summer so instead of replacing it I just waited for the new console. Most of my PS5 time so far has been spent on catching up on PS4 games I missed during those months with some Demon's Souls remake on the side.

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
There's a new store banner for a Frontier publisher sale. That's the fifth one this week.

Yeah if you have a PS4 I really can't suggest a PS5 right now. My PS4 died due to a power surge in a lightning storm last summer so instead of replacing it I just waited for the new console. Most of my PS5 time so far has been spent on catching up on PS4 games I missed during those months with some Demon's Souls remake on the side.
I still have Sakura Wars, Persona 5 Royal and 13 sentinels waiting to be played. If I buy the PS5 it would be a glorified PS4 as my Xbox is right now given there's no truly next gen only game yet.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uguu, the temptation. But right now, for someone like me who sold his PS4 ages ago, the little price difference with a PS5 doesn’t make sense.
Really unfortunate, because there are quite a lot of PS4 games I would be interested in.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I still have Sakura Wars, Persona 5 Royal and 13 sentinels waiting to be played. If I buy the PS5 it would be a glorified PS4 as my Xbox is right now given there's no truly next gen only game yet.
It would be so easy for me if Sony released Demons Souls Remake on PS4 at the very least. It's the only PS5 exclusive I really wanna play. Sackboy, Miles, Returnal, Ratchet all seems really good, but Im not that eager to play them and the price tag is also pulling me away from them.

If I were to get a PS5 next week it will be a Demons Souls machine (and when Im done with that it will dust down until the games I mentioned goes on a good sale which I assume will take months). Also interested in 13 Sentinels, but Im waiting for a deep sale.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
TN/KT really don't want the fans to buy this game. Hear you loud and clear, TN. I will not. :thumbsupblob: At this stage, based on the info available, what can the native PC port do/offer that RPCS3 cannot/doesn't? Aside from possibly running on lower end hardware.

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Swenhir and QFNS

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
NT/KT really don't want the fans to buy this game. Hear you loud and clear, NT. I will not. :thumbsupblob: At this stage, based on the info available, what can the native PC port do/offer that RPCS3 cannot/doesn't? Aside from possibly running on lower end hardware.
RPCS3 allows you to not own Ninja Gaiden 3, that automatically makes it the best option.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Finished Fallen Order. Has some cool ideas but I don’t think I like it. Hopefully Respawn gets more time for whatever they do next (hopefully a platformer with force powers and no light sabre stuff)

Anyway, now I am unsure if I should get back to either Nioh 2, Fallout 2 or start Yakuza 6. Though I would also be up for something that the cool kids call „boomer shooter“

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
New ui is just primitive ms paint job

Win7 move to trash animation has more effort than whole os design in 10.
This is miserable. MacOS X had this crap nailed down in what, 2005? I mean look at this :

That was 16 years ago. To be fair, it isn't as functional as you'd want it to be, and it improved a lot since but damn, is it so hard to make your UI pretty in any way?

Not to mention that Gnome or KDE do far better as well. It just boggles my mind how crappy Windows 10 manages to look.

• Sad
  • This!
Reactions: xinek and Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The whole consoles wars thing sure is something else. Right now there seems to be an issue that people have with MLB 21 being in Gamepass day one.... Yes the game is "free" to users but MS still has to pay a lot of money for it which very likely went to both MLB and to SIE, since how the Xbox version is being published by MLB and they would basically get a guarantee lump sum up front it makes sense as to why this happened (especially since this series is alien to Xbox and has only been a Sony title since it's developed by a Sony studio.

People are doing mental gymnastics and think that MS did this deal and in return will put Bethesda games on Playstation.

It's weird

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The whole consoles wars thing sure is something else. Right now there seems to be an issue that people have with MLB 21 being in Gamepass day one.... Yes the game is "free" to users but MS still has to pay a lot of money for it which very likely went to both MLB and to SIE, since how the Xbox version is being published by MLB and they would basically get a guarantee lump sum up front it makes sense as to why this happened (especially since this series is alien to Xbox and has only been a Sony title since it's developed by a Sony studio.

People are doing mental gymnastics and think that MS did this deal and in return will put Bethesda games on Playstation.

It's weird
It is fucked up for PS5 owners how much more they have to pay. Both MLB and Outriders launch on Gamepass. You have to pay 130$ to play them on PS5 while on Xbox you can get the GP sub for a whole year for less than that with so many other games on top of those 2. The money adds up. MLB being developed by Sony San Diego makes it all very funny too.

I would be upset/jealous too if I cared about either game and/or I owned a PS5 and not Xbox.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I need your guys help. I now that there are pre-order bonus stuff for Nier R. I noticed that they also have an avatar thing and one of those is for Papa Nier. Is digital the only way to get that Avatar pack? Or can I get it for pre-ordering a physical copy as well?

Yes.... I might just spend $60 to get a Papa Nier PSN avatar.....

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
It is fucked up for PS5 owners how much more they have to pay. Both MLB and Outriders launch on Gamepass. You have to pay 130$ to play them on PS5 while on Xbox you can get the GP sub for a whole year for less than that with so many other games on top of those 2. The money adds up. MLB being developed by Sony San Diego makes it all very funny too.

I would be upset/jealous too if I cared about either game and/or I owned a PS5 and not Xbox.
I mean they bought a PS5 knowing full well Gamepass existed, how is that fucked up? If they care that much about Gamepass should have bought an Xbox then?

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Just realized I had not commented in the new thread yet. It is surreal it is April

It may be the last full month until I am a parent. :cat-heart-blob: My Dad has been helping me with some construction around the house, which I am hoping to finish before the baby arrives. It has been nice to spend a lot of time with him even though it has meant my weekends are pretty booked.

How is Outriders by the way? Not sure it is my cup of tea, but just seeing how explosive of a launch it has had, made me a least a bit curious.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018

They weren't tough :wd_pc:
[UWSL]What the hell, you're progressing too fast. You need to calm down mister, this is not how it's supposed to go down![/UWSL]

You're supposed to be in agony for weeks before beating O&S. You're supposed to have nightmares. You should be on your third controller by now.

But don't worry... there's still hope. There's a certain DLC...

:evilblob:

Last edited:

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I think it's safe to say if you want to play Ninja Gaiden Black/Ninja Gaiden 2, it's maybe a good idea to invest in an Xbox One/Series X. KT ain't interested in making a proper remaster - at least X-enhanced BC is close enough...

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm actually surprised that the Mac mini actually can play games, tried Oceanhorn 2 which was unplayable before but now runs buttery smooth! But I did get the Mac mini for work and school since I have the series S, so any gaming ability is just a sweet bonus.
Is it the M1 Mini?

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah exactly! I got the cheapest one since it was already 10% off. Everyone says to go with 16gb ram option but it was 300€ more so couldn't afford it. SO I was expecting little weakness but I'm pretty impressed so far!
Honestly, the extra RAM is always nice but for Apple Arcade games what you've got is certainly adequate. Remember that Apple Arcade games are designed to run on an Apple TV 4K, so in theory anything that works on that device should work on your Mini (outside of the developer intentionally not releasing it for the Mac, which is a thing that happens).

Intel Mac Minis were terrible for games. Even my (much vaunted) 2012 Mini was bad back in 2012. But the M1 Macs in general are great App Store gaming machines now Apple has unified its architecture.

• Love
Reactions: Le Pertti

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Be like the Japanese, they use their PS5 as PS4 Pro Pro.

Don't worry, you can find people doing their mental gymnastic by saying that "it doesn't feel right" if they don't pay for the game full price.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
[UWSL]What the hell, you're progressing too fast. You need to calm down mister, this is not how it's supposed to go down![/UWSL]

You're supposed to be in agony for weeks before beating O&S. You're supposed to have nightmares. You should be on your third controller by now.

But don't worry... there's still hope. There's a certain DLC...

:evilblob:
I made it thru
Demon ruins, slew the 6 baby taurus demons, the baby capra demons and made it to the first door, but didnt go in as i wanted to save soliare first.
Returned to firelink and am now making my way thru catacombs

• Toucan
  • Gib
Reactions: xxr and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.