Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I've been trying for 10 years now to do them solo and havent been able to.
The the fight is just about being patient. If it means being patient for 20 mins. that's how it goes

I say just call in Soliare or a white phantom and be done with it.

Peak performance.

Also, a bunch of assholes and one of the hardest bosses in the game. Then there's always that one guy who waltzes in and goes "What? I did them first try" and of course he gets dumped into the sea with a block of concrete at his feet because he's lying.
I did beat them the first try but I can see why they're tough. It's one thing avoiding a single enemy's attacks, but two such warriors at the same time AND being able to compensate one another? Be thankful for the game's AI and its pathfinding sometimes :V

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
The the fight is just about being patient. If it means being patient for 20 mins. that's how it goes

I say just call in Soliare or a white phantom and be done with it.

I did beat them the first try but I can see why they're tough. It's one thing avoiding a single enemy's attacks, but two such warriors at the same time AND being able to compensate one another? Be thankful for the game's AI and its pathfinding sometimes :V
Tizoc is clearly just a god gamer. Nothing else to say really. He already learned to abuse pathing in Souls games. That's a highly advanced technique.
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]It's also the only way I've ever been able to solo them. If you summon of course they become way way less difficult. Beating them solo is a challenge so abuse anything you can do to get the job done, IMO. [/UWSL]

Praise the Sun!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Is Outriders the biggest Square-Enix release on Steam? I don't remember if they had any other game that got more than +100k simultaneous players on Steam.

Reactions: lashman

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Is Outriders the biggest Square-Enix release on Steam? I don't remember if they had any other game that got more than +100k simultaneous players on Steam.
I know it's been selling well the past few weeks on Steam but I feel like it kinda came out of nowhere, I've heard nothing about it.
Then again it's not really my type of game so I probably wasn't paying attention.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Why is Outriders so hyped? Granted I didn’t look much into it but didn’t seem that interesting? People hungry for coop?
It does the whole loot shooter thing a lot better than competing options (the skills you get are actually useful and run on short cooldowns, the mods for weapons/gear mean that you can do interesting builds pretty much right from the start). It helps a lot that they released a free demo, because most people thought it was a different kind of game before they got their hands on it.
Being online-only and having some performance issues will hurt it unless they can fix stuff quickly, sadly.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Peak performance.

Also, a bunch of assholes and one of the hardest bosses in the game. Then there's always that one guy who waltzes in and goes "What? I did them first try" and of course he gets dumped into the sea with a block of concrete at his feet because he's lying.
Sorry, what game is that?

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Talk about a waste of everyone's time:

Comments and contact form showed us almost all of the people writing have bought the game from a Fanatical Bundle.

I made a call and discussed the issue with Fanatical, and right now we are waiting for Steam to give the new keys, so you all will get your games back automatically.
At least, the devs had a bit of buzz, which could help for their next game, and gathered some email addresses...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Interesting, is it adapted from something or original IP ?

And sorry but I beat O&S in a few tries, myself ! But that’s because I was so scared about these two mofos that I must have overleveled :neutral-face:
The big issue is the speedy one in my memory. The big one is punishing but slow enough.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My copy of Overfall is a retail key from 2016, so I guess it won't be revoked.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
adblockplus can block those as well!
metacouncil is 100% anime-free for me now :cool:
I'll have you know, mine is a manga avatar :nobully:
Talk about a waste of everyone's time:

At least, the devs had a bit of buzz, which could help for their next game, and gathered some email addresses...

Waste of time indeed.
I'm aware of them now, but more in the sense that I'm less likely to actively seek out any new stuff as I don't exactly trust them now.
I guess it's good advertisement for Fanatical, lol.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Since my key for Overfall wasn't revoked I have tested it a bit, maybe 10 minutes. It's not fun. I don't understand what you are supposed to do and there is no tutorial on what you can do in the game. What I have been doing is to travel by boat to different islands and do some dialog choices to complete the quests. So far I haven't had any fights if there is any.

For me there is no point on wasting time to get a new key for this game as it's not interesting

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sadly had to retire South Park and the Fractures But Whole. Fun good game, but the artifact page that is required to progress is bugged to hell. Seeing reports on Steam forums, Reddit and Ubi forums about it, but devs never fixed it.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Much as I loathe Jobs's hit job on openness on mobile, I miss his vision of computers as beautiful things. That an OS should have elegance. It's all spreadsheets and command line now.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and MJunioR

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Interesting, is it adapted from something or original IP ?
F2P mobile game -> Anime -> this game.

The mobile game has the grid based combat but I don't know if it's a roguelike. Not a lot of info since no international release.

Control Ultimate edition is on sale but not the base game nor the season pass. I'm holding out on a bigger discount for the whole thing.

Or wait for a bundle with the Ultimate Edition.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I honestly would love to own an Apple device one of these days simply for this one game..

Meh, I'm moderately hyped but the cheapo 'we are only releasing half the game' stunt, like World's End Club before it, certainly kills a lot of my desire to play.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Hey, nothing wrong with CLI. Its elegance lies in its simplicity. Still, I rather dislike the minimalist UI design we have from the last decade. Bring back decorative sci-fi bezels and non-Helvetica typefaces.
True, but command line is like popping the hood and doing precise things. I just wish the OS had the sort of functional and aesthetic ambition it had in the 90s, where they felt like science-fiction. We have so many capabilities, why are OS's so terrible at making them happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.