Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Clouded Leopard are quick at work. But no Japanese text so I need to wait for NISA version.
Those ports aren't too good, right? Kinda want to play Hajimari with the spreadsheet (can't be worse than Flame's Ao and waiting until early 2023 isn't going to be fun) but at least Cold Steel 1 was pretty rough at launch.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Oh right, you are correct. But there's still chance that the Japanese version is exclusive to Japan (like Dragon Quest XI S did). Hopefully I am wrong.
Looking at the CLE website it seems you’re actually right and it only supports JP on Switch :/

Wonder why thats the case? Perhaps theres another PC port planned that has the JP rights? Maybe with English as well... (this is speculation not a leak)

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Those ports aren't too good, right? Kinda want to play Hajimari with the spreadsheet (can't be worse than Flame's Ao and waiting until early 2023 isn't going to be fun) but at least Cold Steel 1 was pretty rough at launch.
Well, I doubt there is anyone being better than Durante on porting games to PC:face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

I went to read some Chinese reviews on CS1, and someone said the resolution only supports up to 1080p. That's really bad in 2021.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm rather curious about the Chinese language localisation quality. CLP is basically releasing one Kiseki games after another in a rather short timeframe and those games' script sizes aren't anything to scoff at. And releasing on multiple platforms as well.
CLP were involved in the localization process of those console versions, and the Chinese localization of Hajime was released simultaneously with the Japanese version on console. So they are just re-using their old work.

Btw, I just found out that the game was released on 27/8/2020 on PS4, so this Switch/PC version release one year afterwards. I wonder if Falcom has any kind of exclusivity deal with Sony regarding its release.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Anyone wqtched this yet?

This looks like a whole new level of wankterrific, the combat might not even look as bad as it feels to play with all those dumb effects, Z tier animations, crappy sound design AND delay on everything. It looks like the player is lagging, which is quite a feat for a promotional video.

And all those effects, shaky screen, the cheap feeling from the visuals to even the damage font and the awful looking 3D icons in the world? Makes me think of a 2007-era videogame.
Really odd.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Does anyone here play on PlayStation Vita? I recently got back into it and there's a ton of games on this thing.
I'm using my Vita a lot, but mostly for retroarch. I've played most of the native games I want to play already.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I didn't expect Snowrunner to release on Steam today as I expect Steam release will be when phase 4 is out (last phase) which is still in public testing on EGS, but I would still like a Steam page for it.

• This!
Reactions: xxr and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Anyone wqtched this yet?

I really love the environment work and art but the camera shake makes the combat all but unwatchable :(. It feelsl like it wants to be BDO's combat without understanding the pacing of camera push-ins and shakes.

At least it doesn't have the monstrous pop-ins though.

Reactions: QFNS

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I didn't expect Snowrunner to release on Steam today as I expect Steam release will be when phase 4 is out (last phase) which is still in public testing on EGS, but I would still like a Steam page for it.
not all the games do this prior the announcement, also keep in mind that some are not 365 exactly and they will choose different spots.

Reactions: Tomasety

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I really love the environment work and art but the camera shake makes the combat all but unwatchable :(. It feelsl like it wants to be BDO's combat without understanding the pacing of camera push-ins and shakes.

At least it doesn't have the monstrous pop-ins though.
Some users are saying in the comments that the camera shake can be disabled.

Reactions: Swenhir

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm in the process of wasting minutes, then hours of my life trying to make two fuckings local windows 10 pc speak with one another.
It's insufferable, options everywhere, each change leading to a reboot, and then... nothing.
I can't stand windows workgroups, I never understood windows workgroups, I just want to communicate with my mother's PC in the other room, FFS !

I may have to... create an account for my mom on my PC ? what the fuck is this nonsense ?

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I'm in the process of wasting minutes, then hours of my life trying to make two fuckings local windows 10 pc speak with one another.
It's insufferable, options everywhere, each change leading to a reboot, and then... nothing.
I can't stand windows workgroups, I never understood windows workgroups, I just want to communicate with my mother's PC in the other room, FFS !

I may have to... create an account for my mom on my PC ? what the fuck is this nonsense ?
Hmm, I've had issues with accessing other PCs in the same network not only on windows 10, but also on windows 7 as well in the past, I end up just turning off password protected sharing to in all PCs in the network:
  • Control Panel (Windows 10 settings)
  • Network & Internet
  • Network and Sharing Center
  • in the list of options in the left side of the window, go to Advanced Sharing Settings
  • in the All Networks section, turn off password protected sharing

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, I've had issues with accessing other PCs in the same network not only on windows 10, but also on windows 7 as well in the past, I end up just turning off password protected sharing to in all PCs in the network:
Already deactivated, unfortunately. But thank you anyways !

That's it though, I'm reverting every shit I selected and windows 10 can get fucked ! I will have to find a software to communicate with my mom PC, which is not more than 10 meters away. GOOD JOB MOTHERFUCKERS !

• Sad
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Welcome to Windows 10 networking hell. You're going to like it here. I'm in the same place where SMB keeps on disconnecting for no apparent reason after working for a few minutes. I've done it all, group policies, registry entries and in the meantime my Windows 7 laptop is just whistling, working like a charm.

• Sad
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
That feeling when even at 75% games feel pricey.
And Sony and big third parties want to rise them :sweaty-blob:
Exactly.

People who keep saying "If games getting more pricey, just get them on sale" are missing the point. It's not like we constantly buy games at day 1 when games were cheaper. But when games getting more pricey, even at a sale they'll still be expensive compared to other alternative.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I might have managed to order a PS5 disk version. Waiting for mail confirmation. Fuck. The longer time I go without mail, the less hope I will have that I got one.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Welcome to Windows 10 networking hell. You're going to like it here. I'm in the same place where SMB keeps on disconnecting for no apparent reason after working for a few minutes. I've done it all, group policies, registry entries and in the meantime my Windows 7 laptop is just whistling, working like a charm.
Yeah, I... I just don't know. At least the last time I tried, just one of the two computers could see the other, but now nope.
I have no idea what's happening. Maybe the fact that my mother's PC is behind PLC. I have no other working theory.

Oh and I just did a Windows+R / ipconfig to see my IP. Just a whim.
Windows 10 insta-close the DOS windows that opens :fearful-face:

And my TV often (but not always) appears two times in the network windows. Nothing makes sense anyways and I don't care about that, I just wanted to send / receive files to the PC next room.

edit.
Will I have to use some ftp client ? That's incredible. And if you hadn't caught my drift already, not in a good way.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Swenhir

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Exactly.

People who keep saying "If games getting more pricey, just get them on sale" are missing the point. It's not like we constantly buy games at day 1 when games were cheaper. But when games getting more pricey, even at a sale they'll still be expensive compared to other alternative.
An indie game could go for $5, but I would still hold off to get it in a bundle T_T
and it would defo be worth $5

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Oh and I just did a Windows+R / ipconfig to see my IP. Just a whim.
Windows 10 insta-close the DOS windows that opens :fearful-face:
Same happens here, so at least that one is not an issue only on your side...
Win+R -> cmd -> ipconfig works fine though.

EDIT: On another note, does Win+R -> writing the other pc's IP after \\ work? (For example, Win+R -> \\192.168.1.x)

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Bless the Windows Store release and Gamepass for forcing S-E to fix this shit

so if I understand this correctly, this bug made it impossible to proceed past the tutorial unless you had downloaded and played the demo before purchasing the full version of the game? the fuck?

at least Trials of Mana doesn't have any egregious bugs on PC I'm aware of, that seems likely to come to Game Pass in the coming months

Reactions: QFNS and PhaZZe
Status
Not open for further replies.