Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
:sick:
Also, that game is pretty bad.
Very much the archetype that made "mobile game" as a derogatory term, it's ugly, slows down, had no balance whatsoever, and isn't fun at any point.
Especially when you consider that there's things like Genshin Impact and Fantasian (which is really solid) on the market now.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
:sick:
Also, that game is pretty bad.
Very much the archetype that made "mobile game" as a derogatory term, it's ugly, slows down, had no balance whatsoever, and isn't fun at any point.
Especially when you consider that there's things like Genshin Impact and Fantasian (which is really solid) on the market now.
I'm having fun with it. But I guess I'm still "early" (chapter 13), so maybe those issues will come up later.
I actually switched to playing on mobile though, cause the Steam port is bad. (Yes, it runs better on a phone, I have no idea how they managed to mess that up so badly).
Since there's also no time-limited events and stuff, it feels pretty comfy too.

Gameplay wise I enjoy Genshin a lot lot more obviously, but the "end-game" is really really samey and the events are a nice distraction but they've been kind of small recently and really don't fill up the entire update cycle that well. Give me something new to explore~

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'm having fun with it. But I guess I'm still "early" (chapter 13), so maybe those issues will come up later.
I actually switched to playing on mobile though, cause the Steam port is bad. (Yes, it runs better on a phone, I have no idea how they managed to mess that up so badly).
Since there's also no time-limited events and stuff, it feels pretty comfy too.

Gameplay wise I enjoy Genshin a lot lot more obviously, but the "end-game" is really really samey and the events are a nice distraction but they've been kind of small recently and really don't fill up the entire update cycle that well. Give me something new to explore~
Yeah the Steam port is just shitty all around.
But even on a phone, the UI is insanely bad, chugs everywhere (and you need to go back and forth between screens because they didn't bother putting shortcuts between important parts), and it still is quite ugly. Oddly, the background are okay, but the character sprites are blurry and it might have the laziest animations in a gacha in quite a while, which is quite a feat.

But really, combat is as barebones are all the others, with no flavor whatsoever, I got 2 5* in my first 10 pulls so that meant having literally nothing to do but press Repeat for hours on end.
Except on bosses, where I would click on my healer once too, before clicking on Repeat.
And all of that for a bland time travel story and characters that really don't do much.

Again, I played Fantasian on the same day, and it's a jarring contrast.
Fantasian looks great and it's soooo 90's, but it also has a genuinely interesting combat, and the gimmick to push back encounters to get big packs of mobs where using your directional skills correctly actually matters a lot is fun.
It's a good JRPG with some uniqueness, in mobile form.

Another Eden feels more like a factory made flash game (hell, I'd argue Epic Battle Fantasy was more engaging 20 years ago, and that was made by 1 teenager), because it kinda is. It's here to fill up quotas copy/pasted hundreds of time and see what sticks, and it's a bit hard to justify when there are really good options now.

Reactions: sanhora

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I checked Steamdb upcoming most follower games and found out that the game with most followers was

Followers:185,877

Honestly, didn't know about the game and wasn't expecting this kind of game to be the king of followers

Reason: fixes
Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Started Horizon:ZD.

Whats with this unskipable intro movie? Ive watched it once. Changed some settings. Had to restart to get my controller working and now im having to watch it again?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I like games where weapons and ordinance behave in ways that feel mechanically real. I realize that games like Supcom, Homeworld, Starsector and even Star Citizen to an extent really tickle that fancy of mine with those streams of PDS firing lines, with ballistics and missiles being propelled forward before ignition. There's a functional joy to those heralds of kaboom that I really find fun to employ.

Any other games that tend to lie on those sort of more realistic mechanics that aren't just a hitscan? I think Desert of Kharak was the last big one I can think of.

Reactions: Valdien and Cacher

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I checked Steamdb upcoming most follower games and found out that the game with most followers was

Honestly, didn't know about the game and wasn't expecting this kind of game to be the king of followers
Spore is that you?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

It is pretty fun actually. I enjoyed my time with it, just stopped after I lost my saves a couple of times but that's expected from early access I guess.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Im pirating Oddworld Soulstorm right now because it's an Epic exclusive. Doesn't mean I will play it anytime soon. Just wanna have it.

To anyone not liking me pirating Epic timed exclusives:

I disapprove, since I think the recent Oddword games are kinda shite (the controls mess up puzzle solving hard) and you should spent your time with decent games that aren't EGslusive.

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Whats up fellow gamers?

It's ya boi Hektor throwing a dab into your direction!
Ya still fortnitin'??

Yesterday i had some e-girls over and managed to impress one of them with my NieR Collection LMAO, don't let your dreams be memes broskis.
There is always a light at the tunnel, even if it's called the Epic Games Store.

Been tryn' to play Evil Genuis 2 lately, but it's neither evil nor genuis enough for me, SAD!
Otherwise been only playin' UwUwatch and Vermintide lately, so i ain't got any cool stories to tell this time my friends!

Stay tight and lit,
Heks

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
I see it in all shades of grey. I haven't pirated anything on PC in ages, but I think it's absolutely fucking absurd that I cannot just openly play PS3 games I own on PS3 on my PC. So you'd better believe I don't give one shit about that sort of thing. I mean game licenses aren't even supposed to be multi-user. And technically buying stuff like the Mario3D collection on Switch is immoral, IMO. Actually more moral to pirate that nth, limited time re-release with no effort put in.
I feel similar. I do like to own my games and support the people who worked on them but any sympathies I have with companies die the moment barriers are put in the way. If someone wants to pirate Tokyo Jungle once there's literally no possible way to own that game when the PS3 store shuts down they can go right ahead in my book.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Hah! Since Elex was one of those rare Humble games I actually really wanted and didn't have yet i redeemed it immediately.

Started Horizon:ZD.

Whats with this unskipable intro movie? Ive watched it once. Changed some settings. Had to restart to get my controller working and now im having to watch it again?
That was also my experience.

Unskippable intro movies and settings only accessible after starting the game are both individually already annoying, the combination of the two is just stupid.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Alexandros bought my Elex key, so I still have a key for Hotshot Racing, Control Standard, Xcom Chimera Squad and Peak Blinders if anyone is interested. Pay what you want.

Anyways, 4 days until Square is able to announce FFVIIR PC.

Also, PS4 exclusive Erica is coming to Steam. Was always sorta interested, but glad I waited.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Ashamed to admit I have never pirated a single game. I did download a no-cd crack one day for a game I owned (Bioshock) because I was fed up with having to insert a disc everytime I wanted to play.

I'm fortunate to live in a country where a full priced game is not a fourth of my salary.

I have literally zero excuse for pirating. If a game is too expensive or not worth the price of entry I just wait for a sale.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Zombie Army 4 is hitting PC Game Pass.
is the campaign any good in single-player? Might be up for a dumb shooter campaign soon

also, didn’t know Rain on Your Parade was coming. demo was promising in the Katamari/Donut County vein though some of the timed objectives could get frustrating

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
JCB, who liked Stevey purchase, he hosted a small friendly completion, where we tried to aim for the high score in the latest table that Zaccaria released. Totally six joined the competition, including me. And it was held during the last weekend.
In the end we all got in too 100 global high score and the top scorer got into top 10 global position.

It was fun and I never imagined me getting so high score in a Pinball game

Oh, in case you don't know. JCB is also known as FunktionJCB here on mc

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Weekly F ASUS post.
Ah, "End of Life", aka corporate speak for "Sorry, buy our new product even though this one is perfectly capable of it".

I am contemplating getting an Asus laptop and this is giving me second thoughts.

• This!
Reactions: madjoki

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I was surprised that ASRock actually released Z370 and Z390 updates. (I currently use a Z390 Taichi)

Well, their initial ReBAR bios caused PCs to stop booting, so that's hardly ideal, but they fixed it by now I believe.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Hm. I'm interested in In Other Waters, but not really interested in anything else. The 3 headliners especially do nothing for me.
Which is fine, I still haven't played anything from the last choice and only 1 game from the one before, lol.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I like games where weapons and ordinance behave in ways that feel mechanically real. I realize that games like Supcom, Homeworld, Starsector and even Star Citizen to an extent really tickle that fancy of mine with those streams of PDS firing lines, with ballistics and missiles being propelled forward before ignition. There's a functional joy to those heralds of kaboom that I really find fun to employ.

Any other games that tend to lie on those sort of more realistic mechanics that aren't just a hitscan? I think Desert of Kharak was the last big one I can think of.
Everything Ace Combat. :) You can even track the missiles (after firing) in first person mode in the later AC games.

Also, this:

Since you mentioned Desert of Kharak/Homeworld, I'm guessing you're also aware of how ballistics work in C&C Generals? If not, check it out! Sorry, I couldn't find a shorter video, but I've linked to a specific time where you can see some rockets in action.

Reactions: Swenhir
Status
Not open for further replies.