Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Looks really good.

Damn Im happy I didn't play the game on game pass and bought it on Steam instead. I have no interest in buying DLCs for games I rent.

Reactions: Ge0force and Arsene

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Deathloop delay means
I should be able to sell some more stuff, wrack up some more steam wallet to get it cheaper.

Unless phil finally kills bethy launcher and all deathloop keys become steam keys in which case yeeeeeeaaaaaah boiiiiii
They'll be Windows Store keys instead.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

• Aron’s Adventure (day-and-date release on Steam, April 7)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (day-and-date release on Steam, April 9)
  • EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN (Steam)
  • Spintires (Steam)
  • Stronghold Crusader HD (80 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
  • Stronghold 2: Steam Edition (60 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
  • Stronghold HD (70 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
  • Stronghold Crusader 2 (90 percent off on Steamfor a limited time)
    • Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC – (20-50 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
  • Stronghold 3 Gold (70 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
  • Stronghold Kingdoms (free-to-play on Steam)
    • Stronghold Kingdoms (Starter Pack) (70 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
  • Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition (60 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
  • UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r] (Steam)

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
If RE8 somehow gets delayed, going to be omega sad.
Also has there been any news on a date for Baldurs Gate 3? Hoping hat also doesn't get delayed.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
After adding my friend's Family Share on my computer, how do I see his games? Before the library update I was able to list games from his library

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Year ago: Working from home won't impact game development that much, it should be a norm, will people even want to go back to the office.

2021: Everything is delayed XD

• This!
Reactions: Swenhir and QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
According to Teeth on ERA, your Steam playtime is wiped out when your EA Play sub lapses. Bless game ownership.

Imagine subbing to Game Pass via Steam in the future, havint 300 hours in Starfield, you forget to renew and your 300 hours are gone.

Reactions: Ge0force

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's also the end of the financial year so i suspect a few delays are due to wanting to hold back releases so they count for next year's figures. It happens all the time, it's not necessarily a COVID thing.

Are game playtimes that important to people? I only look at them when answering forum posts :D
There again mine are mostly useless as i have a habit of randomly going to a menu, alt-tabbing out and watching tv with the game on in the background or stuff like that so my playtimes are rarely accurate.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
It's also the end of the financial year so i suspect a few delays are due to wanting to hold back releases so they count for next year's figures. It happens all the time, it's not necessarily a COVID thing.
If you had to explain to your managers why a game isn't going to be ready to ship this month, and you had the once in a lifetime chance to blame a global pandemic, I think you should go with that as the reason. Definitely COVID.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
According to Teeth on ERA, your Steam playtime is wiped out when your EA Play sub lapses. Bless game ownership.

Imagine subbing to Game Pass via Steam in the future, havint 300 hours in Starfield, you forget to renew and your 300 hours are gone.
as in literally only the hour counter resets?
This feels like a big fat nothing to me tbh

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
What do you mean?
As in, if that's the only thing of consequence that happens for letting EA Play or a theoretical Steam Game Pass sub expire, then personally I couldn't care less if my playtime goes from 300 hrs to 0

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
As in, if that's the only thing that happens, then personally I couldn't care less if my playtime goes from "300 hrs to 0"
Huh, we're very different then as playtime tracking has actually gotten me and people I know into discussions and comparison. Just yesterday when teaching I talked with my pupils about games and compared how much we have played Sims. And I and a friend while playing It Takes Two talked about our most played strategy games on Steam.

Playtime does no doubt sound like a small thing, but it's interesting to compare and it has created discussion among people I know very often.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
How is the extra content in RE7, is it worth the price difference between the base and gold version? I suppose alternately I could look into the bundle with Village, but that also seems a bit rich.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I think you get a new card drip for every x dollar/Euro you have spent on a game in ingame content
Yeah, I've gotten like 40 cards out of Zaccaria. It's the only badge I've reached level 5 in.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Cross-post for those who don't venture out here usually

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
PayPal is dead for me. Nothing works. :(

EDIT: I can log into the PayPal website and everything, but i can not use it to buy stuff on GMG or Humble Store.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
People are thirsty for some F1, it is crazy.

The release of the game in the latest Humble Choice has tanked the price in grey-market keyshops... for less than 2 days.

I have computed the "fair" prices of the games included in the bundle, and the prices of a split would be drawn to the ground because of that F1 game:

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm surprised it loses the playtime stats when your sub expires, I hope it's just an implementation issue and not a design choice. It doesn't make much sense to me.
Must be a difference between free weekend games you don't own (you keep cheevos and playtime with those) and EA Play, maybe EA Play sub acts like Valve literally removed the game and info form your account?

Status
Not open for further replies.