Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Valve has quietly updated the specs to its still-unreleased official dock for the Steam Deck handheld gaming PC, as reported by Review Geek. The Steam Deck tech specs page originally said the dock would have one USB-A 3.1 port, two USB-A 2.0 ports, and an Ethernet port for networking, but the page now says that all three USB-A ports will use the much faster 3.1 standard, and it now specifies that the Ethernet port will actually be a Gigabit Ethernet port.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Can't be done in July if I start spending money now!
Fair point. Though I fear we both know you're going to somehow end up with a lawn mower after I mentioned I might get a new one this year.

Oh god.. am I a trend setter?! Is that what this power is?

Of quite possibly the lamest trends ever if a lawn mower craze does get started. Maybe my other friend was right, I am turning into a dad. :thinking-blob:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Fair point. Though I fear we both know you're going to somehow end up with a lawn mower after I mentioned I might get a new one this year.

Oh god.. am I a trend setter?! Is that what this power is?

Of quite possibly the lamest trends ever if a lawn mower craze does get started. Maybe my other friend was right, I am turning into a dad. :thinking-blob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Very happy that Teardown is fully out, not sure when I get the chance to play it, but I played it a bit when it was first released in ea and it's really fun.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

Wisest person ever.
Entering grumpy old man territory here. But draw normal has to be the single worst piece of advice I have seen in a while. I mean I will hunt down any person who said “I don’t get Jack Kirby, draw normal” and force them to read through every piece of Rob Liefelds back catalogue. This could be changed to Picasso, banksy, Lowry and so on. There are so many great artist that chose other than normal.

I know, I know, tweet is probably a joke. But I hate advise like that.

Anyway weekend is almost here so rant is over and apologies to everybody.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Played through the Deadcraft demo and I may bite on the final product if they stay calm on the pricing (spoiler twist: they won’t).

The plot is horrible, the feel is so cheap B movie it hurts, the combat is mediocre and ressource gathering is a joke. But this unholy mess somehow has its own charm. Firstly the routine and cosy feel of ressource gathering games. You can also salvage some parts of the mediocre universe to the point of liking them. And finally the game goes so over the top in movies or things to farm that it reach charming statut.

It feels like a weirdly attaching mess put together by some very drugged out creatives. At times you could be excused if you feel like you are playing Stardew Valley, Akira, Hokuto no Ken, Borderlands, Plants vs. Zombies. That's how far out it goes for inspiration.

But this is a good 15-20 euro game that they will surely price 40…

Last edited:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Damn Atelier Sophie 2 would need the Durante treatment...I don't know what they did, but basically when the icon of the item gathered disappear from the screen the game always stutter, I guess it's something related to how the 2d parts are drawn

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So, that tweet about anime & normal is very very likely just a joke judging from the account. (It's full of nonsense)

but either way, there is no "normal" way of drawing, and as much as I dislike the anime style (especially the over-exaggurated/simplified facial features, those I find egregious like you wouldnt believe) if people wanna draw that way, let them...just dont shove it in my face, please.

I also want to note that Ive read/heard from artists how discouraged they were when their art teachers scolded them for drawing anime style stuff. thats also wrong - let people draw what they want.

that said, there is an off-topic thread...as well as an anime thread for such discussions :)

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
no anime! only prog

Ironically Rush just dropped the 40th Anniversary reissue of their most popular album Moving Pictures.

Comes packed with the full 2 hour live set from their hometown Toronto tour stop supporting the album back in '81.

It's pretty glorious all told. Pitchfork.com, who is notorious for being stingy with high review scores, gave it a 9.2.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So a Zotac 3060 TI for £470 how much above and beyond RRP is that? Scan have some in stock and I have the cash so tempted to order.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Seems like RRP for the stock version of the 3060 Ti was originally supposed to be £369.
Yeah. The version I am looking at is OCed edition. So there is a temptation to grab it. However I am looking at the games I have installed and the most demanding one is Total Warhammer 3 after that it is FFXIV and the likes of Vampire Survivors.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah. The version I am looking at is OCed edition. So there is a temptation to grab it. However I am looking at the games I have installed and the most demanding one is Total Warhammer 3 after that it is FFXIV and the likes of Vampire Survivors.
Aren't Total Warhammer games more CPU dependent ?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's not that complicated. The Onion was banned from Twitter, so they took to their twitter account to denounce the injustice.

The Onion has a girlfriend? What is a crypto mom? What does it mean Kerry is a fighter and who actually is Kerri?

I have no idea what any of this is, only think I know is that Onion is a satire website. Nabs post also reads like The Onion is a person.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Any of that Twitter shit at any time whatsoever is to do with getting eyes and attention on whatever corporation is fucking about with their messaging and is best ignored or told to fuck off.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
OK I now feel really old.

Aren't Total Warhammer games more CPU dependent ?
Not 100% sure. But at the moment it is a toss up between this or a new 3D printer. Or keep going and buy a completely new pc.

Anyway, this weekend I am off to learn how to sculpt extra details on my Warhammer miniatures. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.