Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Shadow Empire - 369 pgs. (!!!)
(12/3/20)

The most baffling thing about Shadow is that the entire production comes from just one guy. Victor Reijkersz is the 'VR' in VR Designs studio.

Not only is Shadow Empires one of the most complex hex-wargame strategy titles I've ever played (only "out-complexed" by the Gary Grigsby titles), but somehow this fool found time to write up a 350+ game manual (inc. a couple dozen pgs. of game lore) to go along with it!

WTH, man? If I can only get out of bed and get to work on time, I consider it a Job Well Done. Where do these people find the spark & focus?
I was actually hoping for replies like this. The only chance for the lovingly crafted game manual to survive really are indie devs/teams who remember and enjoyed a nice manual and take it on themselves to carry on the tradition. Apparently some of them are!

That being said, it makes sense that hardcore strategy and simulation games would have them. Those used to be meatiest ones back in the day when games came in cardboard boxes with printed, bound manuals. I remember reading manuals for Microprose military hardware simulations in bed as a kid. Sometimes they were more exciting than the actual games, too.

The Life is Strange - Before the Storm manual by the way turns out is almost a fake: It's a single page PDF document roughly shaped like it could fit in a CD-ROM/DVD jewelcase (although it wouldn't make sense to put it in one), but then the manual link in there actually links to a surprisingly verbose web-based manual for a game that is as self-explanatory as Life is Strange.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Man the Sonic community is certainly something else. I already knew about the excellent Sonic 3 AIR and RubberDucky mobile ports. However, I didn't know about Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute . Rubberducky mobile ports + several enhancements like a nice menu and dropdash. Pretty much already Sonic Origins without the Denuvo and high price. Also Forever and Absolute work under Proton so should be doable to get running on the SteamDeck.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
A Short Hike finished.

Feelings are a little mixed on some details. It can feel boring at times and including multiple 'quests' without adding a questlog wasn't cool. On the other hand, it's incredibly beautiful, the chunky pixels are chunky but again, beautiful, and the art direction on the island is fierce sometimes, the characters are fleshed out and attaching, the plot is barebone but on point, Like Dépanneur Nocturne the overall feeling after finishing it is to want more of it, so the main goal is achieved. And like Dépanneur I'm sad to see they haven't done anything since.

But really, even if it's a nitpick, miss me with your quests if I have no way of tracking them. I'm here to chill, and boy the potential to chill is there, not keep some fucking npc lost item in the back of my mind all the way through.

Oh and yeah, the Deck is really hit or miss on a lot of things, but on indies it's perfect.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Truthfully I made that little anime music provocation in jest, you like whatever you like and no one's opinions but your own matter, but the fact it took so long for someone to post a song from cowboy bebop is disappointing, I was expecting it to be the first reply.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Wondering if Scarlet Nexus season pass is worth it. I need me some weeb shit right now.
Tales of Arise is tempting, Monster Hunter Rise too.

On the other hand I could do with a Switch Oled.

• Eyes

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
A Short Hike finished.

Feelings are a little mixed on some details. It can feel boring at times and including multiple 'quests' without adding a questlog wasn't cool. On the other hand, it's incredibly beautiful, the chunky pixels are chunky but again, beautiful, and the art direction on the island is fierce sometimes, the characters are fleshed out and attaching, the plot is barebone but on point, Like Dépanneur Nocturne the overall feeling after finishing it is to want more of it, so the main goal is achieved. And like Dépanneur I'm sad to see they haven't done anything since.

But really, even if it's a nitpick, miss me with your quests if I have no way of tracking them. I'm here to chill, and boy the potential to chill is there, not keep some fucking npc lost item in the back of my mind all the way through.

Oh and yeah, the Deck is really hit or miss on a lot of things, but on indies it's perfect.
Haven Park sounds right up your alley. It's got the same vibes and visuals as A Short Hike, but includes elements to track what youre doing.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
damn, gone for a day and I miss all the juicy anime music talk.

Still I'd like to pitch in also. Two oldies, but goodies from my own childhood.

==========

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I'm still not done with Elden Ring at 158 hours. My patience and interest are being severely tested.

Also I might be moving soon and my only internet options will be satellite. :surrenderblob: I'm coming to terms with the death of my ability to do any competitive online gaming and such.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I love that they've provided at least two follow up tweets saying there won't be NFTs in this game.

Knowing Ubisoft, they conveniently left "yet" out of that sentence.
My mind immediately went to NFTs when I read "letting players truly own the experience " lmao. It is absolutely in the cards. They eventually learned to lie about microtransactions ahead of launch, I'm sure they already learned the same thing about NFTs.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I'mma see about accruing up as much Steam wallet money as I can for a Steam Deck... If only that best buy "Buy one get one 15% off" deal lasted a day longer.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Job Application for Senior Director, PC Planning and Strategy at PlayStation Global (greenhouse.io)

"
  • Lead PC growth and commercial strategy
  • Growing PC MAU for PC content
  • Develop and implement global PC store strategy and process
  • Liaising with all relevant collaborators to agree activity (WWS, Marketing and GSBO strategy)
  • Ensure activity supports delivery of relevant important metrics
  • Deliver PC budget and all revenue targets
  • Work with hub and territory teams to ensure delivery of activity plan and growth within regions
  • Ensure activity plan meets the needs of our players
  • Build and grow global commercial PC partner opportunities (Telco)
  • GSBO PC growth, strategy, and sales execution though global PC store fronts (Epic, Steam)
"

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Job Application for Senior Director, PC Planning and Strategy at PlayStation Global (greenhouse.io)

"
  • Liaising with all relevant collaborators to agree activity (WWS, Marketing and GSBO strategy)
  • Work with hub and territory teams to ensure delivery of activity plan and growth within regions
  • GSBO PC growth, strategy, and sales execution though global PC store fronts (Epic, Steam)
"
Sounds like their PC push has been an Epic success and they’re going full Steam ahead.

I’m sorry.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
It's kinda surprising to me that at this point it's easier to get a GPU now then it is a PS5. I thought the consoles would be available at this point but that doesn't seem to be the case yet.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I hope Sony brings back SOCOM and releases it on PC. It was my favorite Sony IP.
You may be anti-anime brigade, but on this at least we can agree. :p

3rd Persons shooters have suffered such a drought these years even though they were so popular back in the PS3/360 days. We really haven't gotten a game like SOCOM, Spec Ops: The Line, Vanquish, or Binary Domain.

Nowadays the only one I can really think of is Gears of War. And I do like Gears, but I'm missing the variety of gens past. 😕

Reactions: Tomasety and xinek
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

"
"
As we all said, they are a matter of when not if, slowly but steady and step by step.

Status
Not open for further replies.