Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It's weird how sony porting their games to PC is probably the most talked about thing here but then when there's talk about the games themselves they're all trash.
I don't think they're bad. They're just mid. Like, I dislike TLOU2 as a whole package but the gameplay is superb. Horizon in general is not very good but the combat versus the machine enemies is very fun.

Gravity Rush is perfect and no one is allowed to say otherwise.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Today after i finished The Sinking City i didn't want to start anything new so i went back and cleared what was left in Psychonauts 2

Also i noticed that they updated release build (not public one like 12 days ago.. Could we actually see something new for Psychonauts?

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
This looks interesting:

It releases in early access on May 12 in early access:

Interview with the creative director of the game: Three Moves Ahead: Cantata Interview
If i understood the direction of the game correctly it will be a "Grand Tactics" game (tactics game bigger than e.g. Into The Breach or Advanced Wars). They also plan to have good modding support (the scenario design tool will be released).

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

And in recent news, the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT community has suffered a gigantic loss, when an internet hack had seized and stolen their assets, resulting in millions of dollars lost from owners of these non-fungible tokens. In response, several members of the community are suggesting that the higherups responsible should delete the old and stolen tokens, and in turn replace them with copies that are given back to the original owners.

Gee, I sure wish there was a word for that, "easily replacable by another identical and virtually indistinguishable item".

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I was going to double dip (own the OG Demon Gaze on Vita), but that pricing is hilarious, wtf :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Tencent (by extension, Epic) is gonna eat Ubi in one bite.
This is my take as well, Tencent is the most likely acquiring entity - they have endless cash reserves, and are not hamstrung by potential regulatory interference like Microsoft is. Ubi is also much more likely to be willing to sell to them, as they have an established history of letting the companies they invest in operate autonomously.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
You know what? Porting old games to PC is the best way to preserve your games. ;)
Dear Sony, preserve your old (pre PS3) titles by porting them to PC too.
Signed: the one Drakan fan who wants to play the second game on pc natively in 2022.

Tencent (by extension, Epic) is gonna eat Ubi in one bite.
Embracer group seems like a better fit for them honestly, and doesn't Tencent have to clamp down on foreign purchases more recently with new government regulations?

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
My Deck left US over the night and it should be entering Europe (or potentially entered Europe) any minute now. That is great news but also sad news. Sad because tracking will now become worse XD I will just get updates when package leaves country XD

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

via Arsene. Thanks! :flare_smirk:
Seeing a new japanese game being released PC first in english sure is an interesting turn of events.

Don't thank them yet, until we've seen that the game supports arbitrary resolution and 60fps minimum, unlike all the other Uta games on Steam.
I legit cannot understand how some japanese developers in this day and age don't even seem to comprehend the concept of arbitrary resolutions.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
It's weird how sony porting their games to PC is probably the most talked about thing here but then when there's talk about the games themselves they're all trash.
I love their old stuff, it’s the ps4 era I’m largely indifferent to.
So if you mean the porting of their more recent titles then yeah I mostly don’t care

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Two Valve VR patents

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/11314322.html

Title:

Display system with dynamic light output adjustment for maintaining constant brightness

Document Type and Number:

United States Patent 11314322

Abstract:

Light output of a display can be dynamically adjusted on-the-fly. When implemented on a low-persistence display that supports a variable refresh rate, this dynamic light output adjustment maintains a constant brightness over a series of frames to eliminate flickering of the display. When pixel data of a given frame is output to a frame buffer for presenting an image on the display, a time difference between an illumination of the display's light emitting elements for a preceding frame and an upcoming illumination of the light emitting elements for the given frame may be determined, and this time difference is used to determine a value of a light output parameter. During presentation of the image on the display, the light emitting elements can be illuminated in accordance with the value of the light output parameter. This determination iterates over a series of frames to dynamically adjust the display's light output.

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/11314323.html

Title:

Position tracking system for head-mounted displays that includes sensor integrated circuits

Document Type and Number:

United States Patent 11314323

Abstract:

Systems and methods for tracking the position of a head-mounted display (HMD). The HMD may include a support structure that carries a forward facing camera and a plurality of optical flow sensor integrated circuits (ICs). The forward camera captures image sensor data in a forward camera field of view (FOV) at a first frame rate, and each of the plurality of sensor ICs captures image sensor data in a respective plurality of sensor IC FOVs at a second frame rate. The sensor IC FOVs may collectively cover at least a substantial portion of the forward camera FOV. A processor may receive the image sensor data from the camera and the plurality of sensor ICs. The processor may process the received image sensor data and/or other sensor data (e.g., IMU data) to track a position of the head-mounted display based on the processing of the received sensor data.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Legit cannot understand how some japanese developers in this day and age don't even seem to comprehend the concept of arbitrary resolutions.
Granted in Uta's case, like 90-95% of the game is in VN segments which are inherently 2D with assets made for 720p.
(still would've been nice to have the 3D stuff at proper res/framerate)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
With the exception of Days Gone (zero interest) I have already played all the games they have ported so far on PS4. None of these games are so good that I will replay any of them on PC.
Only games I would double dip are Bloodborne and the Gravity Rush games.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.