Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Per Epic, Uncharted is releasing on PC June 20.
Yeah, same release date as SteamDB internal data.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
You can have your weeb trash i can have my Uncharted trash and everyone is happy :p

And i finished The Sinking City. Overall underwhelming game. As i complained before combat is really bad and up until you unlock all important fast travel points traversal can get annoying too. Story is interesting but there is no payoff in the end. Atmosphere is good so is voice acting for majority of the characters. Visuals are "on the budget" but decent enough. Some tings are step above Devil's Daughter some not but i could see how this helped Frogwares reach Sherlock Chapter One.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I cant remember what Uncharted I last played and my Playstation games and Playstations are in an inconvenient place for me to go check.
Although that approach is certainly unreliable as even if I bought it doesn't mean I ever played it. I'm also too much of a goldfish in forgetting large parts of stories to want to check any kind of synopsis and then accidently spoiler myself. Because I sure remember doing that shit to myself over the years.

All in all I'm not starting anywhere on PC unless its at the beginning.

Reactions: Tomasety

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I enjoy the Uncharted games as big dumb interactive action movies. I put them on the same level as Gears where I can just turn my brain off for a few evenings and enjoy the spectacle.

I can't believe it. EGS finally did a good thing to PC gaming... by leaking release date.
They'll make up for it after buying a few more exclusives.

• Sad
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I'd absolutely want to play the prior Uncharted games first. But I would be interested in seeing them, purely for that spectacle, the razzle-dazzle and all that.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
re:Uncharted - I might give them a shot on PC, but I'd need 1-3 before I dive into 4->whatever number/spinoff. I'm just a weird completionist like that. Having tried the first game on my brothers ps3 years ago though,.... I dunno. It'd have to be steep sale, as controls felt slow and molasses-like, and very much mindless in level design and signposting - in so far as there was no freedom, I had to follow naughty dogs set path to a 'T'. But maybe it gets better than the first 1 hour or so of the first game as the series goes on.

This might be a reason why Ubisoft is doing these live service games and NFTs? To try and make them more valuable?

Don't threaten me with a good time. The Guillemot's will still find a way to fuck it up. Sell to some French far right firm/group or something ridiculous like that

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I remember playing Uncharted 2 on PS3 and thinking it had a decent spectacle factor.

Then Sony dropped UC3 on PS+ so I downloaded it since it was "free".

Never even bothered firing it up even though it sat on my PS3 HDD for years, lol.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I played and finished Uncharted 1 and 2 on PS3, then i played and finished Drake collection on PS4, i also played and finished Uncharted 4 on PS4. I own Lost Legacy on PS4 but never played it. And i will for sure play U4 and Lost Legacy on PC.

• Eyes

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
^ I love these kinds of videos. Wandering around the stage with an expression on your face that may as well have been a cartoon caption saying "Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Me. We really fucked up." was incredible to watch.

The dude saying "don't you have phones"? will forever be the funniest thing I ever hear in a gaming space.

Focus testing and listening to your customers FTW.
It couldn't have been hard to hear your players. "Here we are asking you from our PCs - give us Moar Diablo!" Signed PC players.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Epic might buy em
Epic is currently valued at $31 billion while Ubi is valued at about $5.5 billion. Epic would have to pay a premium to buy the company which would probably drive the price up to $7 to $8 billion. It's feasible, but I don't think it's likely.

I think the hardest part of a Ubisoft sale is the head count as they have nearly 20,000 employees and it seems like a managerial nightmare. I think only the biggest companies would want to take on that challenge. Microsoft is busy with the Activision purchase and they really don't want more regulator scrutiny with a purchase. Just within the gaming industry I would say Sony and Tencent are the frontrunners. Google and Amazon are also possible depending on their gaming ambitions.

Realistically it'll get sold to a company nobody expects.

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
Epic might buy em
I thought this was a reach and then i had a look at stock prices / market cap... didn't know ubisoft stock has been falling this hard, i doubt Tim would have any problems getting the financing together if the really wanted to.

• Eyes

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm still sad that Mike Laidlaw left Bioware to make an open-world King Arthur themed RPG for Ubisoft, and they cancelled it during production because the asshole in charge hated fantasy.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
It's weird how sony porting their games to PC is probably the most talked about thing here but then when there's talk about the games themselves they're all trash.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I think that Microsoft buying Ubi is unlikely because they're already under watchful eyes for Activision. Buying Ubi on top of it strengthens the argument being brought against them or whatever.

Well that is my two cents anyway. I personally think it's the best option if they did, but that's definitely my PC bias showing. Microsoft is the only one of the big 3 I can reliably count on. (Sorta).

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That’s way too many words for something that should be « make account « « see people ». Haha. But I need to check it out again.
It's definitely more complicated than Twitter, yeah.

In Discord terms, it's like, you can join (or create) any server and chat with people there (the fragmented instances you're mentioning), but you can be friends (follow) with people you don't have any server in common. And also, you have a global feed of all Discord server threads if you want to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.