Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
You know what super great in gaming right now?

GOG Galaxy 2 is pretty damn dope! I really do hope they go the way I want it to go, more like a general list of all the games I've played through the years.

Dota Underlords newest patch is huge and makes the game so much better. Eventhough I end up last pretty much every time.XD

New Steam just around the corner, it makes it fun to anticipate something!

And of course, that we all have found a quite awesome community here!

Now add what you think is awesome in gaming?

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Getting it just for that, otherwise I'd rather play the original through stuff like eDuke32 or whatever. Hope it works better than Doom 3 VR (which was OK).
I liked the VR versions of the Serious Sam games. If this works like those (it should) then I'm gonna like it too :D

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I'm also really excited for The International. I'm going to watch a lot of Dota in the next few weeks and hopefully Valve makes some more announcements (like Steam China).
I think recent Steam Beta added stuff related to Steam China soooo..... (like anti indulgence support) could be soon.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

So apparently release date changes now require Valve's approval on Steam? Release date abuse is finally dead I guess. (also not my image im not a developer please dont attack me valve)

That was really good.

Also, I love that they made Tim Sweeney look like an absolute fool.
Are you telling me you dont have a climbing tree?

I'm also really excited for The International. I'm going to watch a lot of Dota in the next few weeks and hopefully Valve makes some more announcements (like Steam China).
Considering how bad Steam China would be for chinese players I dont think anyone there is hoping for any announcements regarding that lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Now add what you think is awesome in gaming?
Currently?
How easy it is for anyone to make and release a game (meaning, there's a decent amount of diversity in the genres and content we are getting). I mean, on PC (where most of us game), we have easy access to games not only from Europe, North America and Japan, but also from other Asian countries, and South American, African and Middle Eastern countries.
And, how some "niche" genres, like Point & Click adventure games, FMV games, Digital Pinball games, and shmups, are healthier than ever.

You spoke of our awesome little community. The members here are a good example of the current diversity in gaming, since sure, we have members from North America and European countries, but we also have plenty of members from Australia, South America, the Middle East, and more. :cat-heart-blob:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Hello weebs, do you like anime? How about slice of life anime that takes places in the country side? Ever wanted to visit but it was just too expensive? Maybe this game is for you?

Really excited about this one AND the one is being developed at this very moment, love the "slice of life" concept for games.

I think recent Steam Beta added stuff related to Steam China soooo..... (like anti indulgence support) could be soon.
Yeah, let's see how fast things start coming out, I really can't wait for the new UI.

So apparently release date changes now require Valve's approval on Steam? Release date abuse is finally dead I guess. (also not my image im not a developer please dont attack me valve)
Are we sure this is new? :thinking-face:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Really excited about this one AND the one is being developed at this very moment, love the "slice of life" concept for games.

Yeah, let's see how fast things start coming out, I really can't wait for the new UI.

Are we sure this is new? :thinking-face:
It was added last week.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Must be hard for Nordic now that their go-to AMA site is facing hardships. How else are they gonna target that perfect intersection of pedophiles and mass murderers?
Wonder if they'll pitch in in funding another DDoS mitigation service.
that was more so a reference to a current thing being investigated where a few of them went through hr at stuff i submitted to do nda testing and found out where i live and other such stuff

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
that was more so a reference to a current thing being investigated where a few of them went through hr at stuff i submitted to do nda testing and found out where i live and other such stuff
You mean Human Relations with hr, right? So did you work at or with Nordic? And they basically doxxed you?
That's all sorts of messed up.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
This is awful and criminal, and I hope the fuckers who did this get arrested. Though we shouldn't have expected better from the 8chan publisher.

Also, I wonder if it's fine to paint every dev/pub with the same brush, like they're doing with the gaming audience.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
"Just one more then i quit." - Smokers, Alcoholics, Paradox Addicts and Civ Players. Dangerous game you have there, monooboe :p

Oh I know!:D I have a addictive personality and often a need for escape so I'm little scared it will be all I do. Thankfully my life is also full of routines, so I even if I want one more turn I can't.:D

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Oh. So that ESA/E3 leak was just the beginning? Cool, cool. Apparently lists from previous years have leaked as well.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Its crazy how people actually had to leave their phone #s and home addresses in those lists.

Like an email and site you work for should be more than enough.

"Hey you wanna play these video games...well...first you have to tell us where you live."....

wtf.

Reactions: lashman

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Hello weebs, do you like anime? How about slice of life anime that takes places in the country side? Ever wanted to visit but it was just too expensive? Maybe this game is for you?

I could use a rainy season right now... added to wishlist.

Reactions: PC-tan

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I am unshamefuly patting my self in the back for my patience. I just bought Crusader Kings II with all the expansions for € 15 from Humble Bundle. I was avoiding this game due to PDX DLC policy but i could not ignore this pricing.

Now the only thing i have to do is find time to play it since my RL and WOW can be very time demanding.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
ZOE2 port sucks right?
I don't remember having any problems playing through it myself, but I did use an Xbox One controller and have no way of testing out the VR stuff. Pretty sure I didn't run into any of the audio issues some Steam reviews mention either. They certainly weren't too severe or noticeable if I did.

It is a fairly barebones port, however.

Reactions: lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
There was a nation-wide blackout for 10+ hours over here. No electricity means no internet, no traffic lights, no public lights, no e-money, most ATM not working, no MRT, etc. Can't imagine how it affects business.

It was a nightmare.

It's not nation wide, it's just 1/3 of an island :neutral-face: Other cities that is not capital already used to blackout that people find Jakartan reactions are wayyyyyy too hyperbolical.

____

Anyway, based on people description on why Steam is "monopoly", can I say that Sony is a monopoly here in Asia? Xbox has zero presence and Nintendo is only big in Japan.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.