Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I bought a digital copy from the MS Store.

What does lashman hates more, anime or being called Lashman with a capital L
Since you bought it as a stand alone license than you can transfer it to the new machine (it being the license). Of course, you'd have to run another OS on your old machine but Linux is pretty cool these days.....

Reactions: NarohDethan

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Remnant FTA just got a price increase in Argentina, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, India, China and some other countries I believe.

Reactions: Arsene

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Weirdly, I thought UC is pretty easy on easy-hard and manageable on crushing. I had more problems with the new Tomb Raider tbh, particularly heavies from the second game.

Resistance series is probably the main offender I can think of. It just have a huge ass fake difficulty spikes through the entire series. Nothing better than the old school send waves of enemies from every direction until everyone dies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Weirdly, I thought UC is pretty easy on easy-hard and manageable on crushing. I had more problems with the new Tomb Raider tbh, particularly heavies from the second game.

Resistance series is probably the main offender I can think of. It just have a huge ass fake difficulty spikes through the entire series. Nothing better than the old school send waves of enemies from every direction until everyone dies.
Im the other way around. I found Tomb Raider to be pretty moderate, but Uncharted was flat out frustrating at points. Especially around the end.

Never finished any of the Resistance games but remember having some trouble with a few sections in 2.

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

Resistance 3, (the only one I've played through) definitely suffers from "waves of enemies just to have waves in obvious spots" but said enemies don't have laser accuracy, magic bullet absorption powers and don't give you a sporting pistol to fight them off. I'm close to the end of Resistance 3 and I'm finding the final areas fair and straightforward, with powerful enemies and difficult situations but with fantastic tools to deal with them.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Since you bought it as a stand alone license than you can transfer it to the new machine (it being the license). Of course, you'd have to run another OS on your old machine but Linux is pretty cool these days.....
Actually I will install linux on the old one haha

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Resistance 3, (the only one I've played through) definitely suffers from "waves of enemies just to have waves in obvious spots" but said enemies don't have laser accuracy, magic bullet absorption powers and don't give you a sporting pistol to fight them off. I'm close to the end of Resistance 3 and I'm finding the final areas fair and straightforward, with powerful enemies and difficult situations but with fantastic tools to deal with them.
R3 is more fair than previous games, but it still had that level where you have to runaway from, what I assume, were zombies and that chapter imo is a total ass.

The thing that irks me the most about the series is that it has arena shooter sensibilities while not being arena shooter at all (especially noticeable in a first game). That being said, the weapons variety is truly exceptional.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Remnant FTA just got a price increase in Argentina, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, India, China and some other countries I believe.
Yeah, this sucks. I know our currency went to shit, but it doesn't justify doubling the price overnight. Plus with our money being worth less by the minute, and prices rising due to inflation, I doubt many Argentinians are going to prioritize buying their game at the new price.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
RemiLore and Crying Suns just got cards added. Releases must be imminent.

Also watching a Remnant stream and the bossfight I saw was filled with glitches, bugs and bullshitty deaths. He won the fight because the boss got completely stuck. Two times. Uh.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

“As we have stated, Greenland is not for sale,” a spokesperson for the Danish government said on Friday. “We have noted, however, that during the Trump regime, pretty much everything in the United States, including its government, has most definitely been for sale.”

“Denmark would be interested in purchasing the United States in its entirety, with the exception of its government,” the spokesperson added.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Holy damn, is Dicey Dungeons good! Just got to the 3rd floor, and I had to force myself to stop playing because I'm hanging out with friends tonight. But between you and me, I wish I had stayed home playing :p

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So I think I know what the Gears issue is. The release date was changed from Coming Soon to 9, Sep 2019 a few minutes ago.

They're probably updating the store page to make it less barebones. Y'know considering the game comes out in like 3 weeks but they might have messed something up in the process.

EDIT: Changed back to coming soon now. Got a cap though.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I made a video with my first impressions about Ion Fury

And yes, it's a very good game so far, I recommend to check it out. No performance issues or bugs, rock-solid 144FPS, but I didn't expect anything else from Build engine game.
I put in a few hours last night. It's exactly what I wanted, but to my surprise, I don't feel the character talks enough. I know, right?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just got an email from WeMod (the trainer client) that MrAntiFun is teaming up with them.

Really cool news. After CheapHappens started the Premium trainer stuff I went looking and starting using mostly Fling and MAF trainers.

From what I remember, MrAntiFun buys the games himself, so getting a boost from WeMod might give MAF the fun he needs.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Was it your first Persona ? I can’t speak about 5 since I only managed to play 1,5 dungeons before becoming near comatose from the pacing, but there is a case to be made about familiarity with the system. For example I discovered the series with the third installment, and the faqs made it look like a system for bizarre people. Then I got used to it and the newer Persona / SMT feel like Monday.
That and there is no denying the streamlining is stronger and stronger with each new game. Which is... not necessarily a bad thing.
If only the story was as good as other ATLUS games though.....

SMT V where are you and you better not disappoint

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

prooooobably going egsclusive, so don't get your hopes up too much .... almost definitely going egsclusive even, i'd say

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So what about the From game rereleased this month by...
Oh fuck, I’ve just awakened and forgot the title and publisher, god, I’m still not operationnal.
Still, question is the same, was it a dud ? Even knowing that it’s an older game, niche and all, I saw exactly no comment about it since it released ?

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
So what about the From game rereleased this month by...
Oh fuck, I’ve just awakened and forgot the title and publisher, god, I’m still not operationnal.
Still, question is the same, was it a dud ? Even knowing that it’s an older game, niche and all, I saw exactly no comment about it since it released ?
Metal Wolf Chaos? Judging by reviews it's mediocre and outdated but still quite fun. Locked at 30 FPS tho. Personally, I'll wait for a sale.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Metal Wolf Chaos? Judging by reviews it's mediocre and outdated but still quite fun. Locked at 30 FPS tho. Personally, I'll wait for a sale.
Yeah, rereleased by Devolver (I got my brain back, I think).
I'm aware that it's an old game and that it would be ridiculous to expect some big buzz, but I find the silence about it since release deafening.
Didn't even see a review on PC Gamer / RPS / Eurogamer. I might have missed it and it's not a stellar bunch of reviewers (the fucking state of PC journalism), yeah, but still, zero feedback.

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, rereleased by Devolver (I got my brain back, I think).
I'm aware that it's an old game and that it would be ridiculous to expect some big buzz, but I find the silence about it since release deafening.
Didn't even see a review on PC Gamer / RPS / Eurogamer. I might have missed it and it's not a stellar bunch of reviewers (the fucking state of PC journalism), yeah, but still, zero feedback.
Looking at the Steam forums, it seems the game is missing some effects in certain levels and there seem to be bugs with audio mixing. I'd wait for some patches to drop before starting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.