Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Havent they taken like 5+ years to release this thing? And used Steam as their marketing tool. Meh, removing from my wishlist and never bothering with them again.
Too bad those devs are such worthless nobodies that I am not even given option to ignore them.

Reactions: derExperte

Deleted member 113

Well said.

I have enough hours of gameplay available to me without jumping through hoops to last several lifetimes.

If you clearly don't want my money, you won't get it, and that's all there is to it.
That's what I've been doing. :)

I have access of countless hours of gameplay without spending a single dime (games I already own).
I mean, how many games everyone has because they got it on "x" bundle, or because they were cheap during a Steam sale, but ended up forgetting about it?

I look at my library, and in seconds I see I'm yet to play Prey. Or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Or Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Or Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Or Dragon's Dogma. Or Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2. Or The Evil Within 1 & 2.
Heck, I pre-ordered the remake of Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5, and I'm yet to play them.
It's embarrassing, really. :giggle:

All this EGS stuff has done is make me finally play some games I had on my backlog.
I'm still happy to continue to buy and support some developers, but honestly, I could play only the games from my current library, and still have a great time for the rest of my days.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
That's what I've been doing. :)

I have access of countless hours of gameplay without spending a single dime (games I already own).
I mean, how many games everyone has because they got it on "x" bundle, or because they were cheap during a Steam sale, but ended up forgetting about it?

I look at my library, and in seconds I see I'm yet to play Prey. Or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Or Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Or Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Or Dragon's Dogma. Or Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2. Or The Evil Within 1 & 2.
Heck, I pre-ordered the remake of Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5, and I'm yet to play them.
It's embarrassing, really. :giggle:

All this EGS stuff has done is make me finally play some games I had on my backlog.
I'm still happy to continue to buy and support some developers, but honestly, I could play only the games from my current library, and still have a great time for the rest of my days.
Excuse me im going to have to ask you to play DMC5 ASAP.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I think it is important to talk about the developers that take Epic's moneyhats. Free publicity or not, it reminds developers that their audience hasn't forgotten and hasn't given up, that this is not going to simply go away. This trash fire of a blog post will get even more people to realize that some developers really do feel contempt for their audience.

I very much enjoyed Jamestown, I would recommend it.

Not many months until Ashen is on Steam (december).
It will be interesting to see how well it sells.

So in that Ooblets dev post we got

• Don't you all have Fortnite accounts?
  • What about Steam launch in 2003?
  • It's really just another launcher
  • Why don't you guys worry about climate change and human rights abuse instead
  • Complain about piracy
  • Toxic gamers
  • Calling PC gamers for entitled

That's one helluva blog post. Gotta give the devs that.
Yup, they ticked all the boxes.

Deleted member 113

Excuse me im going to have to ask you to play DMC5 ASAP.
I would, but I also bought the Devil May Cry Trilogy, and I'm yet to play it. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Like I said, I'm an embarrassment.
I played through and finished Devil May Cry 4 on the Xbox 360, but I didn't play the rest of the series, so when the trilogy launched, I wanted to play through the full series before Devil May Cry 5 was released.
Clearly, I failed. ;)

So, my knowledge of the series is poor.
I did watch the anime series, though (forgive me, lashman :weary-face:).

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Not many months until Ashen is on Steam (december).
Will it release in December or January though? Borderlands 3 isnt coming to Steam until a month after the deal ends.

Regardless its surreal that we’re almost at the end of the first EGS deals. Curious to see how 2020 plays out.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep has been delayed to October 1st. This would have never happened if they were still under Activision. I trust bungie to do a good job with it so im more than okay with waiting a few weeks.

Reactions: lashman

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ah, GGP. I loved Bullet Girls 1 and 2 on Vita, but didn't really feel GGP. (Same developer if you're wondering what the connection is.)

GGP is awfully floaty in it's platforming but it was hard to tell if that was the Vita sticks or what. The shooting is lame too, at least compared to Bullet Girls. Even so, I look forward to seeing what the PC release changes if anything.

Also of note though, PQube deleted the tweet which was the source of release date announcement? Was it too early or will the PC version end up delayed as is normal for PQube...? :face-with-cold-sweat:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Exclusivity Deals never end...

How much did Microsoft have to spend? I can't even imagine.
lmao.

Microsoft is gonna have this man stream Halo Infinite 24/7 next year.

Probably a good pick up for them but its nowhere near enough to compete with Twitch. They'll need several more big names.

Reactions: xinek

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Does Mixer still look like this

Twitch Prime games for August:

Isn't Automachef really new? Wait, is Mable & The Wood even out? I guess I'm glad I got a free month.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Exapunk is today daily and I've bought it yesterday from GMG for a slight higher price... well, at least I got 2 pinball FX tables...

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
EVO sale as expected. Too bad Unist is still only 25% off, Guess I'll wait until that new version cl-r or whatever the name is comes out.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Play Puyo Puyo Champions / ぷよぷよ eスポーツ
Play for free! Ends in 3 days
Lots of sales.

Including EXAPUNKS, even cheaper via Zachtronics Puzzle Pack.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I think it is important to talk about the developers that take Epic's moneyhats. Free publicity or not, it reminds developers that their audience hasn't forgotten and hasn't given up, that this is not going to simply go away. This trash fire of a blog post will get even more people to realize that some developers really do feel contempt for their audience.

It will be interesting to see how well it sells.
If it sells, they'll say it was great to get the extra EGS cushion. If it bombs, they were right all along to not launch on Steam
That last part is what I'm thinking we'll see from a lot of them, the ones that don't understand why gamers, like many of us here, won't buy their titles, and will learn the wrong lessons from the entire experience.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
FunktionJCB it would be best to directly ASK the devs why the release of Jamestown+ was delayed for so long. One thing I read is publisher issues or the like.
Best to inquire before scolding them :V

Also Evo 2019 thread will go up tomorrow.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I think it's finally time to play Final Fantasy XIII - I actually wanted to play FFVIII again and finish it this time but I will wait for the Remaster to be out.
I hope you'll have a good time with it! I'm also playing a Final Fantasy too right now, FF 2 that is. It's such a big improvement from the first FF! I imagine it was even more impressive back in the day. The only thing I don't exactly love about it is the leveling up system, where you level your spells strength one spell at a time, depending on how often you use it. I just ignored spells and focused on good old melee attacks!

Also
Game of Thrones ain't got shit on it! Game is pretty brutal when it comes to the death toll.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Wonder Boy on Twitch Prime? You all should play it, it's great. One of my favorite games of the year it came out, and best soundtrack of the year too.

Reactions: Arsene

Kylac

Apr 17, 2019
Reactions: Stevey

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Tempted to dig for a deal on Puyo Puyo Tetris.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Twitch Prime games for August:

Isn't Automachef really new? Wait, is Mable & The Wood even out? I guess I'm glad I got a free month.
Automachef? Whoa. Was going to grab that for my wife but I guess Twitch got it to me first. Man, it only came out last week.

Reactions: Milena

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I hope you'll have a good time with it! I'm also playing a Final Fantasy too right now, FF 2 that is. It's such a big improvement from the first FF! I imagine it was even more impressive back in the day. The only thing I don't exactly love about it is the leveling up system, where you level your spells strength one spell at a time, depending on how often you use it. I just ignored spells and focused on good old melee attacks!

Also
Game of Thrones ain't got shit on it! Game is pretty brutal when it comes to the death toll.
Isn't FF2 the game where you kinda had to damage your own party members in order to level up or something? I'd love to try out older FFs like the first trilogy and all but I think I would end too frustrated nowadays. Anyway, if you ever feel like posting your opinion about it, mark me in, I'd love to hear what are your final thoughts on it.
Will it release in December or January though? Borderlands 3 isnt coming to Steam until a month after the deal ends.

Regardless its surreal that we’re almost at the end of the first EGS deals. Curious to see how 2020 plays out.
January probably, maybe even later since the game might take longer to get out of early access.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
To be fair to Mixer, the actual tech and functionality seem stronger than Twitch already. And 99.9% of the time on Twitch I have chat off anyway so for me, it's fine :p I actually wish some of the streamers I like would move over there but it seems unlikely as they're not big enough to get most of their audience to migrate I imagine.
so first drop in the new animethread's

Trailers Summary 1. 8. 2019 #1 - Contents:
  • Minoria (momodora devs) - Release Trailer ( August 27)
  • Rune Fencer Illyia - Teaser trailer ( 2020)
|OT| Games trailers news and such - Trailers Summary 1.8.2019 #1
I don't know how I can tell some times, but I saw the title "Rune Fencer Illyia" and thought "oh I bet that's a game I'd like" and sure enough it looks like an awesome metroidvania :p

Last edited:
Reactions: prudis

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Isn't FF2 the game where you kinda had to damage your own party members in order to level up or something? I'd love to try out older FFs like the first trilogy and all but I think I would end too frustrated nowadays. Anyway, if you ever feel like posting your opinion about it, mark me in, I'd love to hear what are your final thoughts on it.
Final Fantasy 2 is made by Kawazu of now The Last Remnant and primarily SaGa fame.
It has no traditional levels at all for party members, but uses a "learning by doing"-system for eerything. You use spells, to level those spells. You use weapons to level your skill with them. Do melee attacks and you gain strength, get hit and you gain defense and HP.

As such, hitting your allies yourself is a good strategy to increase both the skills and stats of the attacker as well as the HP and defense of the attacked + Healing spells if you heal them.

I really love learning-by-doing leveling systems, so I really loved that game back in the day, despite those weird cheese strats, lol.

Maniac

As the name suggests. The OG Maniac.
Sep 19, 2018
Under your bed, creepin
metacouncil.com
Final Fantasy 2 is made by Kawazu of now The Last Remnant and primarily SaGa fame.
It has no traditional levels at all for party members, but uses a "learning by doing"-system for eerything. You use spells, to level those spells. You use weapons to level your skill with them. Do melee attacks and you gain strength, get hit and you gain defense and HP.

As such, hitting your allies yourself is a good strategy to increase both the skills and stats of the attacker as well as the HP and defense of the attacked + Healing spells if you heal them.

I really love learning-by-doing leveling systems, so I really loved that game back in the day, despite those weird cheese strats, lol.
TLR is the best Final Fantasy game don't @ me

Reactions: Ascheroth

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
So Mixer is pretty much the American version of Nico Nico? Same unwatchable mess, way more noise.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Isn't FF2 the game where you kinda had to damage your own party members in order to level up or something? I'd love to try out older FFs like the first trilogy and all but I think I would end too frustrated nowadays.
Yeah you're sort of right! It's not that you have to hurt your party members per se, it's just that basically any attribute that gets "used" is leveled up. So your strength goes up the more you use physical attacks, your HP goes up the more damage your characters take, your characters proficiency at using swords goes up the more they use swords. and so on, At least that's my understanding so far! Also the difficulty is nothing to worry about at all since I'm playing the PSP remake, which I hear is considerably easier than the NES version. If you worry about the potential grind and wasted time due to the difficulty, like me, then the PSP remakes of 1 & 2 are perfect entry points. It also doesn't hurt that they look and sound absolutely great! Shame we never got remakes of 3,5 and 6 in that style :cry:

Anyway, if you ever feel like posting your opinion about it, mark me in, I'd love to hear what are your final thoughts on it.
Thanks! I always get the feeling that I'm posting here less than what I'd like so sure, why the heck not!

Reactions: Arsene and MJunioR

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Ah, Vaporware it is not! I dunno why news outlets haven't picked up on this, but just yesterday they announced Early Access for Fall 2019 on Steam, and full release in 2020. Some new screens as well.

This is from the same dev as Touhou Luna Nights, which everyone seemed to love. Deedlit's animation gives serious SOTN vibes...

cosmicblizzard

Dec 2, 2018
I guess the Ooblets devs never heard of the Relative Privation fallacy. If they really cared about climate change, they wouldn't be working with any corporation. Should have just been honest and said they needed the money.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

I guess the Ooblets devs never heard of the Relative Privation fallacy. If they really cared about climate change, they wouldn't be working with any corporation. Should have just been honest and said they needed the money.
And why do they care about software piracy while people are getting robbed and shot? Really now, they should be glad I'm only stealing their game.

Last edited:

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Honestly, Monooboe, and without any intention to "insult" other fellow forum members who do get upset about this, with so many games launching on the platforms I do use each and every day (just look at the first post of this thread, or Tizoc 's monthly threads), I can't get particularly worked up about this.

My reaction to most of these deals is "screw them, I'll buy something else". Really, nothing more.
I think people forget they are the ones that should be happy if we pay them, not the other way around.
I learned of this piece of news only because people posted about it, I read their post, so I just went to my wishlist, removed the game (and placed it on ignore), stopped following it on twitter, and it's now out of my mind.

We aren't lacking in options. And that's not mentioning the backlog most of us have (I have far better games on my backlog, dozens easily, than any of the EGS exclusives announced so far).
If a developer doesn't want my money, I'll simply buy something else, be it other games, a movie or two, or I'll keep that money for some night outs, or to buy a dinner or two. There are no shortage of options.

Again, I can live without getting their games. I have other things to do, and other games to play.

Did I get upset with some of them turning exclusive? Yeah, surely. Mostly Phoenix Point, and Shenmue III (and Rune 2).
But only because I paid some good money, well in advance, for them (especially Shenmue III, a few hundred €), under a certain pretence, and then I'm lied to, and I'm told I won't be getting what I was promised.
Paying for something already, and then being lied to, and being told I should like what I'm getting instead, that does gets me upset.

But, even Shenmue III won't make me lose my sleep.
And I'm someone who paid hundreds of € for Shenmue items throughout the years, be it buying several versions of the games, rare playable demos, vhs promos for Japanese stores, and other misc. items.
Even considering that, after what the developer and publisher pulled, they can suck it.

Or Phoenix Point. I followed Julian Gollop's work since the 80's.
I bought his games, even crap he worked on for the GBA and the Nintendo 3DS.
And I happily backed his game, even before the campaign was officially started.
After what he did, and what he and his company said (things like "even if we refund everyone we are still making money"), I simply refunded my backing (even after being promised a Steam key, and several bonuses), and his work is dead to me. He's not getting any further cent from me. It's that simple.

So, Monooboe, everyone reacts differently, and I understand those who think and act differently.
But, my personal opinion, is that by continuing to discuss these games and developers, and interacting with them on twitter to ask for reasons, or to worry about their PR coverage and interaction with potential customers, we are simply giving them exposure, and a lot of free publicity.
And sadly, I expect many people to jump on these games as soon as they are out on Steam, essentially making this situation a win-win for these developers.

Support other people instead. Be it the developer who does point & click adventure games, who keeps struggling to get some coverage, and sell his games. Or the blu-ray label who continues to release films on physical media, when the format appears to be dying a slow death, and when the big studios care less and less about releasing older films from their catalogue on the formats. Or your favourite musician. Or, simply take the money, and take a friend, or your girlfriend/boyfriend, for a nice meal. So many alternative ways to spend your money. Or, keep it, and save it. :)

When a developer tries to explain to me, the guy who is expected to pay for his game, why I shouldn't care about using "x" store, or "x" software, or how I'm this or that about potentially caring for it, I really have to say "give me a fucking break".
Really, I don't owe anyone a justification about my reasons for wanting to buy something on a certain store. Or not use a certain piece of software. In fact, I don't owe them nothing.
So, screw them. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Not only did you hit the nail on the head, you then proceeded to smash it to smithereens. Bravo :heroblob:

Status
Not open for further replies.