Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Yes. The game will have a Kickstarter > EA > Release. No EGS unless they swoop in later
Cheers. Enjoyed the first one a lot and would be extremely disappointed if I had to boycott the sequel.

I love Amplitude's take on 4X and the new nuances and mechanics they always managed to put in their Endless series but this looks too much like a Civ clone and seems to lack the usual special something. It's still early to fully assess, hopeful to see how it develops.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Cheers. Enjoyed the first one a lot and would be extremely disappointed if I had to boycott the sequel.

I love Amplitude's take on 4X and the new nuances and mechanics they always managed to put in their Endless series but this looks too much like a Civ clone and seems to lack the usual special something. It's still early to fully assess, hopeful to see how it develops.
I'm psyched for it. ES2 is hands down my favorite 4X, but I enjoy Civ games for their setting and vague historical nods. If Amplitude can build a better Civ, I'm so in. The "evolving" your civ sounds like their take on a historical setting, my assumption is you get perks based on your civ and you sort of build towards other ones (and all the other usual 4X stuff) to make that 'unique" civ.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and kio

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
70 bucks for Gears 5, good one MS.

Also, good for the guys from Ion Fury, with their apology and donations.

Reactions: Ge0force

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Really happy about Iron Harvest, that was a close one for sure.
Yeah but now I really don't know what to do. I don't want to support Deep Silver anymore after Metro Exodus and Shenmue 3. But I want to support the devs for rejecting EGS exclusivity. This is a tough one...

Edit: same for Kerbal 2, which is published by Private Division but the devs promised a multistore release.

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Wow, a sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky in 2019. Who could have imagined?
I assumed this was happening eventually, ever since they had it as a stretch goal for Broken Sword 5. So not a huge surprise, but I'm surprised they made it fully 3D. Seems super risky, and honestly I'd rather they stick to more classical adventure game look and feel.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I assumed this was happening eventually, ever since they had it as a stretch goal for Broken Sword 5. So not a huge surprise, but I'm surprised they made it fully 3D. Seems super risky, and honestly I'd rather they stick to more classical adventure game look and feel.
Yeah it’s not ugly, but coming from the original... :confused-face:

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
Neat, got the invite to GOG Galaxy 2.0 beta. Seems pretty good, does it sync playtime and achievements on what I have on Steam?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Has this already been posted?

I'm going to try not to watch it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Hellblade W10 version stutters pretty bad on my pc (i5-3570, gtx970), even you slightly turn camera framerate can dive to 30 for one second and then back to 60..VRAM consumption is only ~2000mb, and cpu/gpu usage is not 100% either.
And of course you can't change language in UWP games :loudly-crying-face:

Nabs

HyperË—Toxic ProË—Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
so people found a loop hole with the alienware giveaway and went overboard.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just to confirm: Age of Empires DE does not run on Windows 7.

I have tried, and no luck. :confused:
Well, they correctly state on the Steam page that it needs Win 10, so at least they inform people upfront about it. And with Win 7 dropping out of support latter this year, no one should be using it for much longer anyway.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I

It's stuck at 3001 keys available. People abused it ffs.
Mmm
I'd mostly just say It's because Alienwares website is generally a broken piece of shit (I have a lvl 30+ account) so whenever something fancy gets dumped on their giveaways it can get sort of deathlocked on a giveaway number giving people false hope. Not to say people didn't find a way to exploit it.

They also decided to completely overhaul (facelift) their website so I'm sure that helped

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder how the remastered version of VIII compares to the current modded version also will SE at least give a discount to people that already own FF VIII? I mean that's at least 300k people right?

Maybe they will do a Bandai and give you 50% off?

I have not heard anything about them taking down the original version on Steam? Will they give people that buy the remastered version the OG version for free at least? (For those mods)?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It really does sound like they are gonna create their own PC client.

Or maybe they'll just dump certain games on EGS/Steam after a while.

I'm hoping they really do create a client tho. They could do some neat things to have their own ecosystem with PSnow, trophies and other benefits for people who already own a console. Like what Xbox is doing even if it is barebones compared to Steam.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
If Sony wants to put their back catalogue in a PC client, sure. I might take a gander. At this stage the size of their exclusive library is diminishing rapidly, though. There's no reason to buy their latest proprietary box if you're into RPGs, for example. That golden era has long since passed.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It really does sound like they are gonna create their own PC client.

Or maybe they'll just dump certain games on EGS/Steam after a while.

I'm hoping they really do create a client tho. They could do some neat things to have their own ecosystem with PSnow, trophies and other benefits for people who already own a console. Like what Xbox is doing even if it is barebones compared to Steam.
i don't think they will ...

they'll probably just release some multiplayer GAAS shit on PC at best ... there's practically zero chance we'll get stuff like Dad of War etc.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
i don't think they will ...

they'll probably just release some multiplayer GAAS shit on PC at best ... there's practically zero chance we'll get stuff like Dad of War etc.
My dream of Drakan Ancients' Gate getting a pc release so I dont need to emulate it will happen if I wish hard enough

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oh joy, I seemingly can’t create a shortcut to Age of Empire on the desktop, only in the shit metro bar. I could do it with Wolfenstein but I guess it’s because it was not a Microsoft game.
I’m old people ffs, I need shortcuts to remember I have games to play :poutblob:

Reactions: MJunioR
Status
Not open for further replies.