Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
IIRC the expansions are also timed exclusive to PS4 for like a month so it makes waiting even easier.

Good to have a confirmation its still coming to steam.
to be honest, if you see the spreadsheet, you can see that almost everything already has a confirmation (and would not be surprised if most of them already have steamdb depots hidden) so no surprise that most of the devs/pubs are using this to get a bunch of money to sell it later in every possible place (except for example, Ubi that it's using this situation with a different goal)

regarding the timed exclusive content, are you sure it's just for a month? because IIRC there's no ETA for that.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
PS+ september month games are Darksiders 3 and Batman Arkham Knight. Yet another month where I have played all games already.

Deciding to not renew my Plus sub was a good thing.
Arkham Knight... DLC? I already has....

Darksiders 3.... no thanks. PS plus is useless if you just have it as a "free games" service. Thankfully sales are usually ok on and my library lets me rent shit for free.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
spent over an hour last night trying to finish uncovering the AC:OD map for the stupid achievment and still cant figure out what i havent uncovered :angry-face:
Probably some parts that are just sea. Those were the ones that I actively had to travel to, because I try to stay on the ship as little as possible.
But it's very easy to check if you're missing something, as the undiscovered part of the map is brown-ish.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Arkham Knight... DLC? I already has....

Darksiders 3.... no thanks. PS plus is useless if you just have it as a "free games" service. Thankfully sales are usually ok on and my library lets me rent shit for free.
I actually really enjoyed Darksiders 3. Played it via Origin Premier during the month when Battlefield Firestorm was released.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I actually really enjoyed Darksiders 3. Played it via Origin Premier during the month when Battlefield Firestorm was released.
I'm lukewarm on all Dark siders games, I played through darksiders 1 on pc, like wwaaaayyy back, it was, fine. Had every chance to get Darksiders II, no interest and what I briefly saw of III, no thanks, I'm not a soulsborne game fan.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm lukewarm on all Dark siders games, I played through darksiders 1 on pc, like wwaaaayyy back, it was, fine. Had every chance to get Darksiders II, no interest and what I briefly saw of III, no thanks, I'm not a soulsborne game fan.
I played about 1 hour of Darksiders 2 before I quit, didn't like it much.

So for me:

Darksiders >>>Darksiders 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darksiders 2

Reactions: Firewithin

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

So for me:

Hmmm,, I'll add it to my library but my poor PS4 slim has only a 1tb hdd. :(

What went wrong with Dark Siders II?

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018

So for me:

this is accurate. 1 was great. i tried like 5 times to get into 2 and just couldnt. 3 was about as average as you can get but i at least finished this one

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If I play DS3 with Plus am I having my cake and eating it too if I dont want to directly support THQ?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
oof. That's what I get for skippin' some pages tryin' to catch up.

My own RTSS is quite old as well, I'm still on 7.1.0 from 2018. :p (I haven't really had any reason to update it honestly, works just fine for everything I need it for so far.)

I only update my stuff when I have to, or when something breaks, or when I buy an AAA release and Nvidia drops a new driver for it. Am I part of the problem? The reason MS forces people to update these days? :thinking-face:
Sorry, I actually thought about whether to @ you or not, but decided against it because it was just a few posts down. I'll do it next time :)

As for updates, well that particular update fixed a few pretty big security holes that were found, so installing it was certainly a good thing.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
First playthrough?
I'd definitely suggest doing NG+ since the 4 routes can vary a lot in the second half, at least the two i did (Edelgard and Golden Deer / 100% different content) .
Downside, the first half is always the same and becomes a bit repetitive, which is why i'm not doing the other two routes for now.
yeah I know, I have watched a "movie collection" of cinematics/episodes from the BL and Church playthoughs, I'm gonna wait until new story DLC are out for another Crimson Flower playthrough.
I refuse to do a playthrough where I kill Edelgard, she's precious and must be protected

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
  • Adjusted difficulty of all boss fights.
  • Enemies can now have their health bars toggled on or off in the Options menu. (This does not turn off armor types.)
  • Took a variety of actions to reduce the feeling of enemy “bullet sponginess”.
  • An amount of ammo for basic weapons is now replenished after a player respawns.
  • Added more special weapon ammo throughout more difficult areas.
  • Added duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some enemies in certain areas to spawn prematurely.
  • Increased the speed of switching between certain weapons to make it easier to adapt to enemy armor types.
Great stuff in there that should make the game better.

If I play DS3 with Plus am I having my cake and eating it too if I dont want to directly support THQ?
Afaik Sony only pays for games added to accounts.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018

I have two coupons for 20% off. If anyone wants one tell me

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019