Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
From what i saw they changed prices on Colombia and Peru.
Well, if anything this makes me hopeful that they understand that regional pricing is important going forward. As I've said many times, Forza on Steam would be a dream come true and if it comes with decent regional pricing it would be just perfect.

Still, I hope that they take a look on other currencies and fix it before Gears 5 launch. Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, UAE could definitely use a price adjustment.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Ahh.. the Microsoft Store/Xbox experience...

Since Gears 5 is still way too expensive here, I'm going to use Gamepass for it.... but I found out that even though I barely used it there is already a folder in my games SSD with 8 GB (that Windows obviously don't want me to access it).

Okay... let's try to run the app to see if I can make it clean itself up before manually deleting it.... wait, I can't login, with the incredible useful error code "0x87DD0006". Googling it... oh, one of those errors that can be anything from "Billing problem" to "profile corruption".

Thankfully it appears that several people are also having problems logging at the moment because I do not want to reinstall Windows just to play the campaign from Gears 5 :p

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Well, if anything this makes me hopeful that they understand that regional pricing is important going forward. As I've said many times, Forza on Steam would be a dream come true and if it comes with decent regional pricing it would be just perfect.

Still, I hope that they take a look on other currencies and fix it before Gears 5 launch. Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, UAE could definitely use a price adjustment.
The game jumped several places in the global top sellers since the change, so hopefully that makes them keep adjusting more prices.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Not his first time either. I think he already put out that card a few days ago in an exchange that saw Tuco see a 1 month ban.
Yeah and to Alexandros as well.
The game jumped several places in the global top sellers since the change, so hopefully that makes them keep adjusting more prices.
Let's hope so. Gears 5 is nowhere to be seen in the local top sellers list. Gee, I wonder why that is? 🤔

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Two months too early, me thinks.
Humble Randomly Released bundle, I see.

Yeah, that's more like a halloween bundle, but I'm not saying no. Very interested in Darkwood, and well I guess it's time to check out the Beholder games, I already have the first one in my library, unplayed.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Man the abyss get you good. I even found myself thinking about FM outside the game every time I heard a player name being mentioned IRL and tried to guess how much their transfers would be and what I would have to do to bring them in for my team. It's one of those games that once you pick it you won't want to drop it. Massive props to the people who have been following the series all these years.
Yeah this is seriously bringing me back some flashbacks to me of when I used to religiously play FM. I used to also watch almost every single televised football game on TV from the four big European leagues (Nowadays I barely keep up with Man United), and could also recite the names of 99% of every single player in those leagues thanks to this game....
(What a fucking nerd :LOL:)
I wonder how it will perform on Stadia. For the most hardcore people it might be interesting since the game can take ages if you decide to make a complete simulation (like, you select all countries to be simulated and this generates an insane database that is constantly loaded). Of course, you'd need to have a good internet and unlimited bandwidth since you will be spending a good chunk of your days on it, but being able to instant load a save with all leagues would probably be a massive pro for the folk invested in the game
Now that you mention it this is actually a good point. I feel like this cloud computing thing (If it's actually real) could be a game changer for people who play FM on modest systems. I remember almost blowing up the geriatric family PC we had back then because I'd simulate all the available leagues in the game, and I mean every. single. one! I learned better later on and started simulating only the big four European leagues, or just the Premier league if I wanted a quicker experience. Good days!

Reactions: Arsene and MJunioR

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Some users in this thread:

Reminds me off Carlins

I love those threads. People embarrassing themselves is great.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Two months too early, me thinks.
I bought darkwood for $7 a few weeks ago but refunded it because I was worried about it being in a Monthly. Now its in a bundle for $5 with a bunch of other games from my wishlist. So I'm definitely not complaining.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
decided to do a quick search on those games and uhhh... decay of logos is not looking good so I might drop that from my wishlist if IGN's 4.5 / 10 review criticisms ends being true, and that's a damn shame.

Well, more money for September I guess.
Yeah, definitely. I remember reading that the developers were hoping this game would be a breakthrough for them especially as the Portuguese development scene isn't very active :confused:

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
Yeah, definitely. I remember reading that the developers were hoping this game would be a breakthrough for them especially as the Portuguese development scene isn't very active :confused:
I even talked a bit with one of the devs on Reddit, they seem absolutely cool guys trying to build something awesome. Thing is, reviews are all over the place, but highest I've seen is 7 which would be okay - if it was the consensus, as what IGN showed in their video made justice for their score. Still, I'm waiting for the game release and user reviews. Might even grab it to try out, after all the refund system is there if it's that bad.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I even talked a bit with one of the devs on Reddit, they seem absolutely cool guys trying to build something awesome. Thing is, reviews are all over the place, but highest I've seen is 7 which would be okay - if it was the consensus, as what IGN showed in their video made justice for their score. Still, I'm waiting for the game release and user reviews. Might even grab it to try out, after all the refund system is there if it's that bad.
I like what I've seen recently of it but I'll wait for more impressions personally. Hopefully it fares better with the players. This industry is so competitive and cutthroat nowadays.

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I've been playing Decay of Logos for the purposes of a review, if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
How buggy it truly is? What about the elk and overall, travelling through the game? I'd love to hear any notes you may have regarding it.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Completely missed the delay, did anyone mention this already? Release date on page hasn't changed, in situations like this Valve now wanting a reason for changes could be a problem. But then they also haven't posted a news article or a thread.

Waiiiiit.

Switch.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I feel like this has been said a few times already, but can we please stop backseat posting about Era threads or posters.
I'm not on Meta because I want to constantly talk or read about Era.
To echo what Ascheroth said if anyone wants to share a piece of new news from ERA, please consider making a new thread here, or just copypasta the news if making one is too much trouble. Not every one of us has an interest in going to another forum filled with the lowest common denominators, lest to interact with them in any capacity.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
How buggy it truly is? What about the elk and overall, travelling through the game? I'd love to hear any notes you may have regarding it.
It's not that buggy. The biggest issue I've had so far is that the game doesn't play well with the Steam Controller which means that I can't access a few menus if I'm using it. I've had no game-breaking bugs so far and no crashes. I would honestly call it janky rather than buggy. There's lack of polish in some areas but not many serious bugs.

The only thing I'm using the elk for so far is as movable storage space. It's necessary for a few 'puzzles' (calling it to stand on a pressure plate, nothing elaborate) but most of the time I forget it exists. It handles a bit weird when riding it, a small touch of the stick causes a big turn but that may be an issue with the wonky Steam Controller support. I used it a couple of times to travel faster but so far the distances between checkpoints and areas are short enough that using the elk isn't really necessary.

The game's main issue so far (keep in mind I'm still playing a beta version so it might improve with the day 1 patch) is that combat is rather boring and janky. The animation is choppy, the hitboxes are weird and using the weapons isn't satisfying, everything feels floaty. It will be interesting to see if the day 1 patch can improve on this.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
It's not that buggy. The biggest issue I've had so far is that the game doesn't play well with the Steam Controller which means that I can't access a few menus if I'm using it. I've had no game-breaking bugs so far and no crashes. I would honestly call it janky rather than buggy. There's lack of polish in some areas but not many serious bugs.

The only thing I'm using the elk for so far is as movable storage space. It's necessary for a few 'puzzles' (calling it to stand on a pressure plate, nothing elaborate) but most of the time I forget it exists. It handles a bit weird when riding it, a small touch of the stick causes a big turn but that may be an issue with the wonky Steam Controller support. I used it a couple of times to travel faster but so far the distances between checkpoints and areas are short enough that using the elk isn't really necessary.

The game's main issue so far (keep in mind I'm still playing a beta version so it might improve with the day 1 patch) is that combat is rather boring and janky. The animation is choppy, the hitboxes are weird and using the weapons isn't satisfying, everything feels floaty. It will be interesting to see if the day 1 patch can improve on this.
Here's hoping that day one patch can improve combat because that is a big part as to why I would be interested on it. Nonetheless, thanks a lot for your input though, I'm glad to hear that it isn't as buggy as I had imagined.

Oh no! There is a thunder rain here. Been striking a lot now and also there is a power failure in the entire area
Today was super cloudy, dark and windy all day long but it didn't rain. It has been like this since Sunday I think.

Nights are super cold though.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Anytime I am in a gaming rut I always go back and play some classic games. Stuff from the 80s and 90s. And try to play them to completion. Doing so completely rejuvenates my love for the hobby and all the different genres. I been playing the Castlevania anniversary collection this year and beating some of those games is such a joy. Especially the Gameboy games I ran through recently. Kid Dracula and Belmont's Revenge were so fucking good.

Create a category in your steam library for all old school games that you have and dive into them from time to time. Or on GOG, Emulation etc. Its really great and important that stuff like Contra, Castlevania and Mega Man collections are coming out nowadays. Also the Sega Mega drive + Genesis title. All those things are must haves for your steam library imo.

You'll slowly realize its super necessary to do so in order to enjoy the modern day AAA, overpriced and crowded GaaS shitshow that is todays industry. You will get more hyped for future stuff too.
This is also where I stand. I think that the best thing about PC gaming is the endless access to almost every game ever made. It's really mindblowing when you think about it! Don't like what's releasing right now on the market or feeling turned off by the frequently horrible business practices of the modern video game industry? Play something older until you find a new release that clicks with you. Done. I swear you'll find something down your alley if you look a little. I'd hate to be one of those console only players where if a certain game isn't released on their specific console of choice it might as well not exist. Why? Why limit yourself like this?

I'm probably preaching to the choir here since all of us have 10 million unplayed games in our backlogs (just on Steam), but I guess I'm just venting a little because I see so many people complain that they have nothing to play when they only have themselves to blame for having such a narrow taste in games :shrugblob:

Deleted member 113

Oh no! There is a thunder rain here. Been striking a lot now and also there is a power failure in the entire area
In my town, we had thunder storm on Sunday late afternoon/night, and the traffic lights here are still screwed up, and at work the server's UPS went bust, and several plugs (including the ones for my work station) stopped working. :eek:

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Got Dark Void's mouse sensitivty to work fine for me after a bit of tinkering

Nice texture on Drake's jacket.
Will apply some AO bits later and see if that will work. The game is an UE3 just like Enslaved and its config file has similar settings too including Bloom :p
I've always been interested in this game but got turned off a little when I saw that dreaded Securom mentioned in its Steam page. Does it automatically install securom when you download it, or is there a way to play it without having that filth in your system?

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Honest to god

as sick as cancel culture as I'm most days

there are times like this week, the whole goddamn power structure either needs jesus or needs to be destroyed

Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't get the complaints about the many shovelware crap games that are ruining the Steam shopping experience some users have, it just shows they don't use Steam or don't have the knowledge for it.

The store page is all but a showcase of your gaming activity and preferences. You can filter out and edit preferences of what you want Steam to show you (VNs, VR, plattformers etc.), but everything on the Steam store page, from "feature & recommendeed reel" to special offers, to discovery queue is based around your preferences of what you have played and have on your wishlist. Even the "special page" only shows what Valve specifically adds as midweek and weekend madness sale and games that are on other forms of promotions will show up there either because they are similiar to games you have already played or are on your wishlist.

If everything that shows up on someones Steam store front page is showelware and anime games, or at least a majority of the content is that, it's because the user is actively looking for that content.

Status
Not open for further replies.