Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
If you're into flaghship phones, surely.

I just bought a 'new' (secondhand, bought in June) phone last month. It's the zenfone max pro m2 and I paid $140 for it. It has a decent quadcore cpu, 6gb ram, and 5k battery. It'll last for years in my hands (my previous phone which is also secondhand lasted 4 years). I love the electronic secondhand market in my country. People like to change their stuff so often and the prices fall pretty quickly.
My current phone is a middle-of-the-road Huawei lol, but my previous one was a flagship HTC I loved to death. (the all metal HTC One M7). And literally I loved it to death, I used it for almost 5 years until the battery crapped out and it stopped getting updates.

Thing is, I game a lot on my phone these days, probably more than any other device just because a smartphone is something you always have on your person right?

There are external factors at play here as well, like this...

|
|
V

Remember to check for FGO compatibility and to check the list of phones which won’t work with FGO after the engine update
... yeah. :unsure: But well, should be fine with most any modern phone. I kinda wanna skip out on Chinese brands this time though because they tend to be super strict about memory management and I've had FGO crash now and again because of that, and it will throw error codes my way which indicate my phone is rooted (but it's not.)

:notlikethisblob:

Deleted member 113

A question:
I'm not at home, and I just received my pre-order key for The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan from the Bandai Namco website.
I activated it using the web browser, but from the licenses page, I'm not seeing if I got the pre-order DLC (the "Curator's Cut").

Is there any way I can check if I got that DLC (outside of using the Steam client)?
thanks

Reactions: MJunioR

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Everyone wants a new phone and I'm perfectly fine with a 7 years old Xperia and 6 years old iPhone 5. Never had a slight problem with either of them and Xperia's battery still going strong. Admittedly, I don't play much on them (sometimes I boot Ghost Trick, AA or TWEWY), but I use them a lot for their direct purposes: calls, messaging and internet. Hopefully there's still good 2-3 years in them.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
A question:
I'm not at home, and I just received my pre-order key for The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan from the Bandai Namco website.
I activated it using the web browser, but from the licenses page, I'm not seeing if I got the pre-order DLC (the "Curator's Cut").

Is there any way I can check if I got that DLC (outside of using the Steam client)?
thanks
Maybe try SteamDB and install their addon. Owned items are highlighted

You need to login first

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
A question:

thanks
Do you have the Steam app installed on your phone? If so, all you need is to check the 'Support' page and type in Man of Medan. Once it shows up, select it and you will be able to see all DLCs you currently own for it. You can do the same through a web browser as long as you're logged on Steam.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I wanted to save for a Switch Lite this holiday season, but I remembered today I also need a new phone. Phones are expensive... :face-with-cold-sweat:
Don't get a flagship phones and you are good. Mid tier Samsung phones are really good for their price. If your country sell Xiaomi phones it's even better, they have the best price/performance.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Can vouch for Xiaomi, have an A2, it's very good though just under the minimum GPU for something like Fortnite (not that I'd play it) so I'd go for a step up today.

Upgraded last year from a Moto G 2013 which was my first smartphone after having an LG Cookie (?) feature phone after having random dumb phones, lol.

Reactions: MJunioR

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
There are so many games from Hamble's Bamco BYOB that I want. But knowing me I wouldn't have time to play through the games I want. But also I know it won't be this cheap again in a long time

Unless you already have it, get SAO Hollow Realization, it's the best SAO game.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Unless you already have it, get SAO Hollow Realization, it's the best SAO game.
Looks like I haven't added it to the cart. The other SAO games I can skip? I added Fatal Bullet Complete Edition since I got the base game but not the dlcs, and it is cheaper to get it than the dlcs separately

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Eh.
Classic Falcom design ftw! :blobyesanime:
I like them both. I just wish Falcom wouldn't try to make their games bigger in scope, with dozens of characters and huge maps. I feel that's why IX doesn't look as impressive as it could be. If you are a small team, then you should be better aware of your strengths and weaknesses.

Kvik : I agree that Ys Seven was peak in terms of art style

Reactions: Ascheroth and Kvik

Deleted member 113

Do you have the Steam app installed on your phone? If so, all you need is to check the 'Support' page and type in Man of Medan. Once it shows up, select it and you will be able to see all DLCs you currently own for it. You can do the same through a web browser as long as you're logged on Steam.
Thanks. That did the trick. (y)
It seems I have the DLC. :)

Reactions: Deku

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeah Ys Seven Adol is best design as it modernizes but keeps the chest plate armor of classic rpg heroes era.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Looks like I haven't added it to the cart. The other SAO games I can skip? I added Fatal Bullet Complete Edition since I got the base game but not the dlcs, and it is cheaper to get it than the dlcs separately
Hmm the story doesn't really connect to each other. Except Accel World one that gives you more insight to Accel World's story.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Remember folks, don't buy everything from Bamco's BYOB - leave some games for next year, where they will surely have Ace Combat 7, Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Tales of Vesperia available.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Enami's art is godly.

(Elie from Zero/Ao no Kiseki)
We were talking Ys here. Trails is almost always amazing (with the exception of Cold Steel 1 and 2, not a fan of the high school inspired things)

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
We were talking Ys here. Trails is almost always amazing (with the exception of Cold Steel 1 and 2, not a fan of the high school inspired things)
I simply won't miss any chance to shill Enami's art at every opportunity.

But back to Ys --- It seems their designs are becoming very dense, following the Eternian designs from VIII. not that it's such a bad thing, or course.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Paging Ge0force
Gears 5 for 40 bucks
Thanks m8! But sadly this is the Windows Store version, with all game files locked down. I'd rather not support this for the sake of unlimited modding.

I'm difficult, I know ☺
Brb, looking for an EGS game deal for GhostTrick !
Bring some anime for lashman as well 👌

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks m8! But sadly this is the Windows Store version, with all game files locked down. I'd rather not support this for the sake of unlimited modding.

I'm difficult, I know ☺
Not really, you have solid reasons, I'm dumb dumb sometimes :fashionblob:

Reactions: Ge0force

FunnyJay