Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well I only have 46GB left on my 512 steam unit and 256GB SD card is already full filled with roms. I’m thinking on get a larger SD.
Oh for sure, the SD fills super fast when you use it for emulation. For now I'm in full 'I don't play games' so I don't use the deck, but when I do I will think very hard about getting a 512gb SD.
But between my chronic indecision about which game to play and the fucking temps, all of this is moot.

Just fucking stopping the fan to light a cigarette and it feels like hell.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Two Point Campus looks to be reviewing well.

Consensus seems to be, "Gameplay loop you've come to expect from Two Point team with improved & refined systems. Funny & warmhearted with more friendly onboarding."

Heck yeah.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Capcom increased the price of most of their games that aren't currently on sale on Steam in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Turkey and Uruguay. Some other countries like Colombia, Kazakhstan, Mexico and Peru got a mix of higher and lower prices after the "readjustments".

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, I think I may keep my pre order for the 64GB model for the time being.

outside of FFXIV, which would stay on the desktop for the time being, so generally plate this smaller indie games nowadays. Think games like Terraria or Stardew Valley. I very rarely play AAA games anymore.

And as Alexandros said I can always throw a larger SSD in there as well.

lashman skimmed that articles and as always it is a very narrow view of the market effectively focusing on console costs and UK/US pricing. It ignores how cheap games on systems like the Spectrum or C64. It skims over the different factors at either end of the spectrum. There’s no real nuance to it at all.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So, I think I may keep my pre order for the 64GB model for the time being.

outside of FFXIV, which would stay on the desktop for the time being, so generally plate this smaller indie games nowadays. Think games like Terraria or Stardew Valley. I very rarely play AAA games anymore.

And as Alexandros said I can always throw a larger SSD in there as well.
Not to mention FFXIV is an SD game in every configuration but the 512. I mean, that install size.
So a non-factor.

By the way, I have recently dropped Spongebob Bikini Bottoms, and now Mark of the Ninja. What is next ? The sky is the limit ! Drop drop drop !
No but seriously, it feels horrible for me to drop a game but I...
1/ Try to get used to it. No point in forcing myself, that's not a game anymore, that's work.
2/ Begin to understand that if I first dropped a game years ago, there may be a reason and it's no use re-trying it (MotN).

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
By the way, it's cool in a way because pre-order bonuses can burn, but Sony you are doing them wrong anyways. I don't want early in game access for skins, and I surely don't want more skill points than the regular play (I'm very dumb that way, feels like cheating).

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
By the way, it's cool in a way because pre-order bonuses can burn, but Sony you are doing them wrong anyways. I don't want early in game access for skins, and I surely don't want more skill points than the regular play (I'm very dumb that way, feels like cheating).
They should give discount instead.
Why do all big publishers do this nonsense.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Cult of the Lamb is currently the third best seller on Steam behind the Deck and Spider-Man. I think it's going to be a surprise hit. I'm holding off on buying it though until I finish Xenoblade 3 which, considering how big the game is, might be around Christmas.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Cult of the Lamb is currently the third best seller on Steam behind the Deck and Spider-Man. I think it's going to be a surprise hit. I'm holding off on buying it though until I finish Xenoblade 3 which, considering how big the game is, might be around Christmas.
I don't understand how people manage to make the Xenoblade games so long. I played them all (except 3, haven't started it yet) and they took me 40-80 hours to finish including exploration and a bunch of side activities and stuff, while I read people taking hundreds of hours with them.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I don't understand how people manage to make the Xenoblade games so long. I played them all (except 3, haven't started it yet) and they took me 40-80 hours to finish including exploration and a bunch of side activities and stuff, while I read people taking hundreds of hours with them.
They do the side activities which in my opinion are pretty trash in all Xeno games.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I was exaggerating, but I can see someone spending hundreds of hours if they did all the side quests, optional monsters, maxed out every class, colony and explored every nook and cranny of the map. I am only bothering with the main quest, hero quests and enough exploration until I've had my fill. I reckon it'll take me 60ish hours so I can probably be done in a few weeks.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Browsing google map and real estate sites. Oh, houses ? Gardens ? Green ?
Should if fap ?

I'm developing a deep hatred for suburban life. Everything is shit. Hey, Darkseid, this is it, this is the anti-life formula you were looking for.

Now to clean the hoard and be accepted by a landlord with our modest revenues...

• Eyes

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
and I surely don't want more skill points than the regular play
That type of preorder bonuses always wreck a first playthrough. I remember Deus Ex Human Revolution where you got a silenced sniper rifle, a shotgun and automatic door openers as a preorder. Those really made the first "levels" kind of whack.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
You know that you succeeded when your Store is called "Best place for free things"

i got to the point where it said they still had a chance to be the dominant storefront and I almost stopped reading. If I was cynical I would say it reads more like a sponsoredarticle

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I might be in minority here, but I actually prefer some of those less-flashy designs. The first one you showed looks better "uncensored" ( I don't know what to censor here anyway, the "censored" version looks cool too), but the second example looks better censored IMHO. Also from the top example of the picture below, the "after" design of the dress looks much better. Those boobs from the "before" picture look like two big tumors and the bottom part of the dress looks hilariously short.

Like I said, if you like those "before" pictures then all power to you. Games designed in Asia catered to the Asian market were always oversexualizing characters, both males and females, but mostly females. I still cringe at the designs of Xenoblade 2 characters. Pyra and Mythra had the biggest tumors on their chests I had seen in years.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am not sure if i will be strong enough not to buy Spidy this friday. I played it and finished on PS4 and i kinda don't want to give more than 40 euros for it (even that is too much) but i really want to play it.

• Eyes

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I might be in minority here, but I actually prefer some of those less-flashy designs. The first one you showed looks better "uncensored" ( I don't know what to censor here anyway, the "censored" version looks cool too), but the second example looks better censored IMHO. Also from the top example of the picture below, the "after" design of the dress looks much better. Those boobs from the "before" picture look like two big tumors and the bottom part of the dress looks hilariously short.

Like I said, if you like those "before" pictures then all power to you. Games designed in Asia catered to the Asian market were always oversexualizing characters, both males and females, but mostly females. I still cringe at the designs of Xenoblade 2 characters. Pyra and Mythra had the biggest tumors on their chests I had seen in years.
I'm totally against censorship. I will never support censorship in anyway (of course in legal terms, f.e. I don't care about mosaics in japanese games cause this has something to do with legislation), but if people prefer the censored version, publishers should make available the two options, something like SEGA will do with Bayonetta 3.

this would be cool for all games.
Never for paternalistic, what social media will say, etc... terms.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
So... once again... seems another game gets censored "core values" for western release.

This time honored game is Tower of Fantasy
Tower of fantasy will make its way to Steam sometime in Q4 this year.

I am with you with sexualization, but the blond girl looks like a very young teenager with pre-teen-style clothing in this after picture. Dunno if that is any better. From a sexualization standpoint, the left picture is way more adult looking.

On second thought, depends on the age of the character which outfit is more problematic.

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
People who dislike Xenoblade 2's character designs are weak and will not survive the winter
Jk of course, I'm just teasing, but i really do love Xenoblade 2 and its designs. Theyre a lot of fun imo,
Pyra included
So... once again... seems another game gets censored "core values" for western release.

Ughhhhh
I really hate that games keep doing this
The designs looked great as is! I hope there's a way to mod the original designs back in, but knowing niche games like this it may never happen :(

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
When the CCP version has less censorship than the Western version you know it's fucked. 🤪 (And this does happen from time to time)

THAT SAID. I know where that article came from, and I also know that some of those designs were censored from the internal beta, NOT for international release as the article claims. Which means nobody, not even Japan or China is getting the original models.

That you can blame on new CCP guidelines which effects even the most prominent and lucrative CN gacha. (See the cover-ups which happened in games like Azur Lane and Honkai 3rd for example, even Genshin is not exempt.)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I do agree that the ice girl looks better in the "After" picture -- purely from an aesthetics perspective, disregarding whatever version came first. The skirt is more interesting and the proportions are better.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

I agree with MomoVideo, I like the less flashy Western versions. Calling this "censorship" is also utter nonsense for me. If a company is itself changing its contents to match the sensibilities of whatever audience they are targeting, it's their own free choice. Same with a localisation company changing these things. After all, the localisation company is hired by the original developer and they trust them to change whatever is necessary for the game to do well in another market. If they didn't like the end product, they wouldn't ever do business with them again.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I agree with MomoVideo, I like the less flashy Western versions. Calling this "censorship" is also utter nonsense for me. If a company is itself changing its contents to match the sensibilities of whatever audience they are targeting, it's their own free choice. Same with a localisation company changing these things. After all, the localisation company is hired by the original developer and they trust them to change whatever is necessary for the game to do well in another market. If they didn't like the end product, they wouldn't ever do business with them again.
This isn't even localization stuff. The CN and JP versions also reflect these changes, and it isn't just because it's coming to English speaking territories. These CN developed games now go through a type of process before publishing that involves conforming to demands made by the CCP Censors and Morals people.

I'm all for shitting on censorship, especially when it's dumb stuff, or when it's done for social brownie points, or when it's to appeal to foreign audiences. (If folks can't handle the authors original intention than it just isn't for them, period. Things shouldn't be changed to made more palatable.)

But yeah this isn't "changes made because West = Prudes." It's CCP stuff and it's effecting all CN developed games going forward.

There are actual CN voices on this forum that can speak more to it if y'all don't believe me.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Did you succeed in configuring RetroArch to find roms on the SD card?
1.- First download retroarch from discover:

2.- download cores you want through retroarch app (donwload all cores : P and localize where they are downloaded.
Defeaut folder (mine) is this: (/home/deck/.var.........)

3.- get all system bios you need (if you need them I can upload them for you) and put them on the folder you want. You need to know where are system bios to make retroarch known on Path tab inside retroarch config.
I have them in that folder/route:

mkmcblk0p1 is how OS calls SD route.

4.- ADD retroarch on Steam on desktop mode. (add non steam program and found retroarch on programs list)
you willl see something like this:

now is the important thing. What you need to put on parameters. This is important and will make the difference on a game work or not work. (deck is capitalization sensitive, so if you have ISO or sfc or rom, you need to put ISO and not iso, sfc and not SFC, etc...
The parameters line has this format:

as you can see I call for retroarch core and ROM localization.
first is retroarch run command (-L included), then core you need to use, in this case pcengine core, and ROM location, in this case rondo of blood iso.
(as you can see mmcblk0p1 is SD location)
you can simply search for your ROM folder on dolphin explorer, then select the rom archive with secondary mouse button and then press "copy localtion" and paste it there.

then:

and done. If you need help make me know.
EDIT: I made some changes to make it more clear.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm all for shitting on censorship, especially when it's dumb stuff, or when it's done for social brownie points, or when it's to appeal to foreign audiences. (If folks can't handle the authors original intention than it just isn't for them, period. Things shouldn't be changed to made more palatable.)
While things do get murky if this is due to CCP regulations, government mandates are pretty much the definition of censorship, I still think this sentiment here is a bit weird.
If the author and the company they are working for are ok with changing things to get more money and continue making games, then it's their own decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.