Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The android feature is US only still asfaik so i have not tried it.., and i dont think they have added play store.
only amazon store. which makes the whole feature useless. gotta grab some scripts on github to sideload.
Oh. Ok. I see that it’s a ‘everything is shit’ kind of days. Particularly softwares.

edit
To be precise I’m also talking about my e-reader woes on the forum next door. I may be too demanding but I can’t for the life of me find one that does everything I want, or most of it.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Is Windows 11 actually compatible with Android apps now or is it a we are looking into it situation, like the horrible windows / mouse management ?
As has been said, US only and to get the Play Store you need to side load it using a script.

I think Google will release their version of the Play Store for Windows (10 and 11) before Microsoft gets WSA available worldwide.

• Sad
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So it seems that Komodo has now sold through their 2022 stock and everything that is placed now is for 2023. I'm guessing that they allocated 20k-40k possibly for the new regions). I think it's safe to assume that in it's first year Steam Deck has sold at least 200k units? I'm guessing that the only time that we will potentially hear real numbers is once it hits 1 million units sold, at that point, it will be funny looking back at the people that said it would just turn into another failed Valve product and how they would move on from it.

It seems like 12 games are what Komodo is showing off, here is some of them: Danganronpa 3, DMCV, Street Fighter V, Groove Coaster, FFVIIR, DeathSmiles, Pocket Mirror, and Dodonpachi resurrection. I'm not sure about the others.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Banking on people wanting the eventual sequels so bad they leave their computers behind seems like a bad strategy given all the the upsides the PC as a platform has over any of the consoles.
Also, quite a naive viewpoint by Sony, when they themselves don't believe that they can significantly hold their userbase together without Call of Duty, a third-party game.
This is what Sony said about The MS-ABK merger to a Brazillian competition regulator:
  • "[No other developer] can create a rival."
  • "Stands out as a gaming category of its own."
  • "A unique franchise that cannot be replaced."

So Sony can't even hold their userbase with their own games on Playstation.

Reactions: Tomasety
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So it seems that Komodo has now sold through their 2022 stock and everything that is placed now is for 2023. I'm guessing that they allocated 20k-40k possibly for the new regions). I think it's safe to assume that in it's first year Steam Deck has sold at least 200k units? I'm guessing that the only time that we will potentially hear real numbers is once it hits 1 million units sold, at that point, it will be funny looking back at the people that said it would just turn into another failed Valve product and how they would move on from it.

It seems like 12 games are what Komodo is showing off, here is some of them: Danganronpa 3, DMCV, Street Fighter V, Groove Coaster, FFVIIR, DeathSmiles, Pocket Mirror, and Dodonpachi resurrection. I'm not sure about the others.
Hope we get so e booth pictures

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really hope the Deck comes to Norway and Valve would be dumb not to release it here. It is a PC heavy, rich country where the average joe is richer than in the vast majority of other countries.

My mum is Romanian and when we've traveled there she used to say that the average Norwegian is almost Bill Gates rich there.

It doesn't matter if Valve have to cooperate with a company here and then increase the price, people will buy it.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
I really hope the Deck comes to Norway and Valve would be dumb not to release it here. It is a PC heavy, rich country where the average joe is richer than in the vast majority of other countries.

My mum is Romanian and when we've traveled there she used to say that the average Norwegian is almost Bill Gates rich there.

It doesn't matter if Valve have to cooperate with a company here and then increase the price, people will buy it.
Its kind of strange they have not sold any hardware here tbh..

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Still yet to play a trails game! Was actually thinking about it once I get my deck.
Trails in the Sky games run flawlessly on the Deck, nothing to fear there. It's a really unique series, very slow moving intially, but with a very unique focus on world building and NPC characters being treated like real people, with their own mini stories. Just be "warned" that FC needs quite some time for the overall plot to really get going.

Clearly Valve is being bribed by the EU to not release there and thus pressure Norway to become a member state.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Maybe it's a distribution issue.

Do they choose to go after the places that their data shows has the higher amount of Steam Users that spend money and also look at local laws and logistics.

I saw Australia mentioned a few times as a place that doesn't get Valve hardware and they were only able to get the Valve Index because of EB games and it was only one wave, they didn't stock more after that and even then it was marked up by a lot.

Hope we get so e booth pictures
There are currently some photos online of at least the Bitsummit event. What's weird about those is that they seem to have a generic controller there to play the game via USB C (aka "docked").

The generic controller has the Steam logo on it. You know how the Xbox controller looks like and the center button is an Xbox button, it's pretty much that but instead it's a Steam logo.

The even have the Steam Deck in this little stand that says Steam on it.

Also more images of the booth and stuff will likely go up tomorrow which is when general audience is there from what I remember.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
With TGS happening soon I hope Elden Ring expansion gets announced at the show. If not then its probably not happening this year which will be very disappointing.

Give the people what they want Miyazaki. Its been plenty of time since release now.

Also is Keighley not doing a Gamescom ONL show this year? I couldn't find any recent news on it.

• Eyes

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Is Instant Gaming legit? They have the best price for Soul Hackers 2.
They are legit in that they probably aren't going to scam you, but they are not legit in that they probably don't get most of their keys directly from publishers.

You can always check gg.deals to see what they say about the site and if you are okay with the listed risks for it. Buy cheap Soul Hackers 2 cd key - lowest price

For instant gaming they list 3 risks.

-Unknown source of the key
Majority of keys in the store do not come directly from the publisher.

-Optional payment fee at checkout
An extra fee will be added at checkout for some payment methods. The remaining options are free of charge.

-EU VAT added at checkout
The store will ask you about your country of origin at checkout. Once you select EU country, EU VAT will be added to the final price.

The first one is common among all "key sites", the other two I'm not too familiar with and how they manifest exactly.
Like what payment methods get an extra fee, no idea. And the EU VAT thing is strange, and if that actually happens and it applies to you, then the deal may not be as good as it seems.

In €uros the price on legit store gamebillet is only 2 euros more, which is fairly fair price for piece of mind if you are unsure.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I just read through that entire thread, or at least the domina dev replying (they're like nuts or something close)

They don't want to move to EGS because they're banned from Bandcamp (Lol how is that even possible) and because Epic owns bandcamp they don't think they could get on there. Also they don't want to go to Itch.io because they're too woke.
They also don't want to remove their game for sale from steam because they still want to sell the game to customers!

So they're just... an idiot? Lol

I also thought domina was awesome, until the dev started talking

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I just read through that entire thread, or at least the domina dev replying (they're like nuts or something close)

They don't want to move to EGS because they're banned from Bandcamp (Lol how is that even possible) and because Epic owns bandcamp they don't think they could get on there. Also they don't want to go to Itch.io because they're too woke.
They also don't want to remove their game for sale from steam because they still want to sell the game to customers!

So they're just... an idiot? Lol

I also thought domina was awesome, until the dev started talking

The idiom "Better to be thought an idiot then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" comes to mind in this instance.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Grey market, but no idea if it's the more trustworthy type like cd keys, or if it's the shady type like g2a.
They are legit in that they probably aren't going to scam you, but they are not legit in that they probably don't get most of their keys directly from publishers.

You can always check gg.deals to see what they say about the site and if you are okay with the listed risks for it. Buy cheap Soul Hackers 2 cd key - lowest price

For instant gaming they list 3 risks.

-Unknown source of the key
Majority of keys in the store do not come directly from the publisher.

-Optional payment fee at checkout
An extra fee will be added at checkout for some payment methods. The remaining options are free of charge.

-EU VAT added at checkout
The store will ask you about your country of origin at checkout. Once you select EU country, EU VAT will be added to the final price.

The first one is common among all "key sites", the other two I'm not too familiar with and how they manifest exactly.
Like what payment methods get an extra fee, no idea. And the EU VAT thing is strange, and if that actually happens and it applies to you, then the deal may not be as good as it seems.

In €uros the price on legit store gamebillet is only 2 euros more, which is fairly fair price for piece of mind if you are unsure.
Thanks guys. Might go with gamebillet instead.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
One interesting thing I noticed today is that Melty Blood Type Lumina has swapped publisher from Delightworks to Lasengle (was previously Delightworks game business team including Fate/Grand Order but it's been since bought by Aniplex/Sony Music) meaning that Aniplex/Sony Music is now the publisher

also guess it'll be more console centric but eh..

Last edited:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
  • Eyes

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Logged into steam and that was the first thing greeting my eyes in the news section.
The Domina Patchnotes had an inanity to them that was almost adorable.

• Eyes

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Probably a silly question but I'm really curious what, in their eyes, constitutes a review as "fraudulent".
If I were to bet it would be any review with a red thumbs down.
Looking into it a bit, a lot of the reviews mention that features present in the game were cut out to be resold as dlc. The developer claims that the game was already feature complete and the new features in question were released to everyone as a public beta test and then after that beta period they were removed to be sold as dlc. It's a weird situation which could have been avoided by using beta branches on Steam but maybe the developer didn't know about that. Not much point in getting angry about reviews for an old game that probably doesn't even sell all that well anymore.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What's the best place to go to, to trade Steam trading cards. I want to get the Steam Summer Badge if possible.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Part 2!

Does this version of Zero also address the z-fighting problems that seemed to occur on some maps inside Crossbell? I know that this was a known bug in the Geofront release, and it was basically not something they were able to fix with their limited tools.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.