Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, I'm finally back home after a whole week in the mountains, thanks a lot for all your amazing answers, I'm glad you liked the thread, I will update it with the missing asset as soon as tomorrow :cat-heart-blob:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
So I started playing Trials of Mana, I only installed it like... a year ago.
It's cute and colorful, and so ugly at the same time, I think it's the most inconsistent game I've played :cold-sweat:
I wonder how much of that is due to being such a 1/1 remake of a 2D game in 3D, there are some pretty baffling decisions in where you can go or jump sometimes. But it's pretty minor.

And it really is a baby level game, so simple and easy! It has its charm. 👶
And then you reach the boss Zehnoa.
And it turns into

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
It's cute and colorful, and so ugly at the same time, I think it's the most inconsistent game I've played :cold-sweat:
I wonder how much of that is due to being such a 1/1 remake of a 2D game in 3D, there are some pretty baffling decisions in where you can go or jump sometimes. But it's pretty minor.

And it turns into
That reminds me, I have to finish Trails of Mana (SD2) on the Switch Collection some day. I was pretty far into the game, then I got the Steam Deck and then did not touch my Switch in 5 months..

• Eyes

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

And it turns into
The remake was too much 1:1. A lot of things that worked in 2D were not translated well into 3D :(
But overall the game was good.

For the boss fight
I think you use water magic to void it's bullshit fire attacks. If you don't have water magic you can use items that casts water magic

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Developer of DOMINA (known for their out of place and inappropriate patch notes) is mad at Steam and wants to move their game to Epic Games, lol
Yeah, about that....
We'd move to Epic store but the guy who owns Epic also seems to own Bandcamp and we're banned there already so, it may be self-publishing on our own site from here on.

Ideally, Steam stops printing lies.
I don't think they are going EGS :lampblob:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Tim Sweeny the Liberator will undoubtedly reverse that ban and welcome the oppressed on EGS to offer solace from Gabe’s tyranny

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
From a very quick look, of pre-orders because of the ¥100,000 yen price tag. The 512 seems to not be as popular and the 64GB and the 256 are seen as more decent for the price.
The prices themselves seem actually quite consistent with the following formula: Take USD price + Add 10% VAT + about 30$ margin. The latter I assume might be due to either transportation costs or it could be the cut that goes to the distributor.

For example: 512 GB Deck USD Price: $649. If we convert that to Yen we get ¥87607,54. Now we add 10% VAT and we get ¥96368.294. This leaves around ¥4000 to the final price, which is about $30. So I guess that's Komodo's cut or other assorted costs.

• Eyes

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019

This looks pretty good. HL2 inspired.
I wanted to talk about this game here after I played the demo a few days ago but I got lazy.

I thought the demo was really good. And when I found out the whole thing is made by just one person and what the full game contains, that rating got upgraded to phenomenal. As mentioned, it takes a lot of cues from Half Life 2. The weapons provide that familiar HL2 combat feedback. You have a permanent gravity gun ability that is used for light puzzle solving but mostly for combat. Picking up things and throwing them into enemies is still fun all these years later. The enemies themselves seem inspired by the Combine. Weapons have limited ammo so you're likely to swap them often with the weapons your enemies drop. That's a bit like Halo. It's a very decent shooter.

The game was in early access on Itch which is why nobody ever heard of it. The developer released it on Steam when it reached version 1.0 but I'm fairly certain it's not doing too well. I would encourage folks to try the demo out if you enjoy shooters. It's quite generous and should provide at least an hour of gameplay. The demo is a build that is a few months older than the final version of the game so there are apparently a lot of QOL upgrades and reworked features missing but it should be good enough to give you an idea about the game.

The 1.0 release is actually still not complete. The campaign is supposed to be three acts and but only two have been released. The demo is the entire first act (which took me 80 minutes to complete). In addition to the campaign, the game also has a secondary, open world, non linear mode similar to Stalker. The developer estimates that the campaign should last 4-5 hours and the Stalker mode will be 10-12 hours for the main objectives and some side stuff. I saw some folks on the Steam forum who were only playing the Stalker mode and didn't even bother with the campaign.

The demo was enough to convince me to buy the game even though I've not gotten around to playing it yet. I feel like it deserves to be more successful than it currently seems to get. Try the demo if you can.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
So, pre-ordered my Deck a little while ago. However I went for the 64gb version thinking it was all I can afford. Now I am tempted to cancel and pre order the middle one. But really don’t want to lose my slot.

so can’t make up my mind on which way to go.
I say keep the slot and upgrade the SSD yourself in the future.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So, pre-ordered my Deck a little while ago. However I went for the 64gb version thinking it was all I can afford. Now I am tempted to cancel and pre order the middle one. But really don’t want to lose my slot.

I’m sorry to say you should cancel and re-order. I regret not going 512, but 256 is manageable. 64 looks like a bad joke.
Evidently it all depends on what games you expect to play on it, but yeah…

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

I got a good SD card for my 64gb unit and it runs totally fine. I don't want to install too many games on it because it will just make me not finish any games.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Pre-ordered Cult of the Lamb and Plague Tale. Lamb demo was great and the first Plague Tale was a big joy.
I really enjoyed A Plague Tale, up to a point. It started to feel less puzzle-y as it went on, and I found the last level super frustrating/stressful.

I do love the world, visuals, story and characters though, so I'm sure I will get the sequel at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.