Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ridiculous take by delusional fanboys. I have my fair share of issues with the Deck, but it's far more than a Vita 2.
After thinking about it some more, I had a particularly unkind reading of the tweet. Yeah, sure, with this many Sony ports, it can feel like a Vita 2.
It's just that it's so narrow a view of the Deck.

Reactions: Tomasety

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Vita 2 or Dreamcast 2, it's beautiful to dream... but only if they are made to be open platforms.

We all know what would happen if Sony, or Sega(lol), or Apple or whatever made a new random console to "compete" with the rest.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I'm booting up my rebuild pc, and it appears to boot up fine except none of my periphals (screens, keyboard) appears to be working, any quick idea? Already reseated ram and checked all connections ofc

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Vita 2 is kind of like calling something Dreamcast 2.

I mean, I loved both Vita and Dreamcast, but the last thing I want is yet another system I love to suffer the same fate as those.
That's not really a concern for the Steam Deck. Even if they stopped selling it tomorrow there would still be thousands of games released every year that work well on it. It's fundamentally different from a console with a bespoke library of games (the size of which generally is highly correlated with how successful that particular piece of hardware is)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Going to be jumping into some more Max Payne 3 in about 10 minutes! Chances are we'll finish it up today so we'll probably jump into something else to finish off the stream, no clue exactly what yet but I have a couple ideas.

I also have a few ideas I want to share regarding the co-op thread that I'll post later tonight so keep an eye out for that as well. :cat-heart-blob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Forspoken was Sweeneys time to shine to moneyhat the game for 1 year and then reduce the price from 70$ to 60$ worldwide to show that he spoke the truth about lower game prices on EGS.

but of course it didn't happen.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Forspoken was Sweeneys time to shine to moneyhat the game for 1 year and then reduce the price from 70$ to 60$ worldwide to show that he spoke the truth about lower game prices on EGS.

but of course it didn't happen.
I mean, Tim's a liar, we've known this for years at this point

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Umm, The Ultimate DOOM name changed to DOOM (1993) wtf

Also Final Doom and Master Levels for DOOM II retired

And apparently Doom 2 got some update containing all those other game WADs.
This annoys me more than it should. I wonder if they'll pull this bullshit with the gog releases as well. Maybe it's time to download those gog installers.

• Eyes

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Microsoft has claimed Sony pays for “blocking rights” to stop developers from adding their content to Xbox Game Pass. The explosive claims are part of documents (Word doc) filed with Brazil’s national competition regulator and part of a review of Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard.

“Microsoft’s ability to continue expanding Game Pass has been hampered by Sony’s desire to inhibit such growth,” claims Microsoft in an August 9th filing to the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE), as translated from Portuguese. “Sony pays for ‘blocking rights’ to prevent developers from adding content to Game Pass and other competing subscription services.”

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Microsoft has responded to Sony's claims of its Activision acquisition being "anti-competitive"
“Only one third party, Sony, presented materially different opinions than the Applicants and the other third parties consulted by the SG,” Microsoft claims. “Sony is isolated in this understanding and, curiously, even contradicts itself in its response to the letter, as will be detailed below.”

Microsoft goes on to state that Sony doesn’t want to see Call of Duty games on Game Pass on day one, because it “is resentful of having to compete with Microsoft’s subscription service”.

“Sony’s public statements on subscription games and its response to the SG’s letter are clear,” the response reads. “Sony does not want attractive subscription services to threaten its dominance in the digital distribution market for console games.
“In other words, Sony rails against the introduction of new monetization models capable of challenging its business model.”

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Right out of egs playbook
The funny thing is that Sony doesn't have any problem with Steam, so it is just PC game pass/windows store on PC that is getting fucked by them.

The only one who is moneyhatting away from Steam is EGS and they are fighting a losing battle.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Satori

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I don't think so. They likely didn't get permission from toho

Based off what I'm seeing here I guess they have flown that low on the radar that no one has taken actions against them. Seeing how the Itchio has dates of 2021, as do some of the Google Play reviews
I don't see anything on the official Godzilla twitter about this game coming to Steam.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Difield runs great on Steam Deck by the way.

This will now be my JRPG machine (well when mediafiles work) when I have time to play games.

I guess I will still mainly be playing Apex on my gaming PC and all other stuff on here.

I was not sure if I should go with JPN or English for the VA. The English VA sounds nice so I think I will stick with it.

Also I do think it's cool how SE decided to start selling Collectors Editions as "gutted" now. So if you wanted a CE for say Soul Hackers 2 you would need to choose a platform for the game. This way it's cheaper and even if they didn't have a CE for PC you could still buy the CE stuff and save money.

So it's only in Japan where they are getting a proper CE but in the west they sare selling the game and the CE items as a separate purchase instead of it being 1 item (which I guess means you could potentially lose out on a special Collector Edition box.

By the way has anyone had issues with waking up from suspension on Steam Deck? I did hear that it still tracks your playtime even while it is in sleep mode. Which is not what I want to have, other wise I will end up with hundred of hours on some games.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
just released - F2P

is japanese only, artstyle is great,
I don't want to support gacha games, but I am giving this one a play due to it being a work by Jun Maeda. No chance I am paying though.

Downloading on the deck now.

Edit: Can't launch the game. Probably due to anti-cheat? Anyway, leaving it for now because I don't want to play it on my main rig.

By the way has anyone had issues with waking up from suspension on Steam Deck? I did hear that it still tracks your playtime even while it is in sleep mode. Which is not what I want to have, other wise I will end up with hundred of hours on some games.
I read somewhere that the suspension feature can be buggy to some games. Personally I just shut down the game.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.