Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I don't want to support gacha games, but I am giving this one a play due to it being a work by Jun Maeda. No chance I am paying though.

Downloading on the deck now.

Edit: Can't launch the game. Probably due to anti-cheat? Anyway, leaving it for now because I don't want to play it on my main rig.

I read somewhere that the suspension feature can be buggy to some games. Personally I just shut down the game.
If the game has a save anywhere feature, this is what I would do. But if it doesn't then I'm use to just having it in sleep mode. It's what I've done since the DS lite.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

Weird dumb question, but can anyone place this weird looking game used in one of Intel's sites for their CPU's? I'm assuming it's a real game, at least.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Edit: Can't launch the game. Probably due to anti-cheat? Anyway, leaving it for now because I don't want to play it on my main rig.
Seems does not work on deck. : (. I tried all Proton versions with no luck. I’ve been playing on my desktop PC.

Last edited:
  • Comfy
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Okay I misread the post I replied to earlier. For a moment there I actually thought they were removing all the expansions from the games but that's not the case at all. As long as all the .wad files are still officially available then this change won't matter.

On the subject of Doom mods, I found out recently that the guy who made Brutal Doom is working on a standalone shooter called Brutal Fate that's supposedly set to release this year on Steam. I say supposedly because, from what I can tell, there's been almost complete silence from the dev for almost a year now. Not what I'd expect from a game close to completion.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

:blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I have been rather unimpressed by this year so far. I had high expectations from Elden Ring and while I enjoyed most of my time with it, around 70 hours in I got so tired of it that I left it unfinished. It's too big and there is too much reused content. I don't have a PS5, because I absolutely hate the design, so I did not play any of the PS exclusives. Xenoblade 3, 20 hours in and it's sooo sloooow, I swear to god if they don't improve the pacing I will throw the game through the window. The further I am in this game, the more disappointed I become. Terrible pacing, I would describe the writing as "at anime level" which is not great, the UI is bloated, the map design so far is a downgrade compared to Xenoblade 2, there are monsters everywhere, literally FF IV level where you take like 4-5 steps and you have to fight again.

The best game I played this year is Cyberpunk, but that game is almost 2 years old.

Splatoon 3 might save this year tho. Please do not disappoint.

Last edited:

Wereverine

Jan 30, 2019
Yeah same, very much a continuation of hospital with improvements, except I love the theme of this much more. Will definitely be a game I buy on steam when all the dlc is out.

What didn't you enjoy with Sunset Overdrive?

Like when I look at everything between the two games from combat to traversal to humor they are very different. Yet I know immediately that they are both Insomniac games as they have a certain feel.
I big part of the game is sliding on rails and I found that too restrictive. I prefer more freedom of movement in my shooters. But mostly it was a general sense of apathy about the game that caused me to stop playing.

• Eyes

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
I think Cult of the Lamb is gonna hit BIG, saw a lot of interest on Twitch this week and the game looks promising as well

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I played a bit of the DioField Chronicle British Demo on Steam.

It runs like a dream on the Deck, and capped to 30 FPS it draws just between 10 and 15W, and only goes above 12 during cutscenes really.

The writing and story seems pretty uninteresting as it bombards you with exposition every two minutes, but the actual gameplay seems neat. It really is essentially real-time with pause, with a huge focus on positioning, where characters do additional damage if they can attack from behind, thus encouraging flanking and spincer attacks.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Every day I search the Steam Store for Persona 5 Royal. Alas, nothing.

Maybe Atlus is waiting for Soul Hackers 2 to release before they add it.
This is the most likely scenario. P5R preorders would probably cannibalize SH2 sales.

Forgot this came out.

#competition (look at regular price)
Valve is abusing their monopoly power again. :crying-face:

• Sad

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Can I still order and get the pre-order stuff from CDKeys?
On Spidey ?
Not sure about the US version, the description on the EU one mentions the pre-order bonuses, though.

On the other hand it would be fucking cool if the grey market sites knew if Soul Hackers 2 purchase count as a preorder for the exclusive skins. I'm relatively at peace at being ripped a new one, but only if the base game is 45.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.