Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
The year is going by very fast! So I wonder what's everyones GOTY thus far?
I mean, I have bought a lot of games this year, but playing them :astonished-face: I just have no time to be honest

Of games that released this year, I enjoyed what I played of Elden Ring, however, I have to give yet another shout out to this indie hidden gem:

Again, do not judge a book by its cover, it is a super fun dice builder game that plays a lot like a board game (and reminds me of a particular dice game I use to play with friends). If you like Monster Train, Slay the Spire, etc., maybe give this one a look over, it is definitely not for everyone, but it is fun for those who are into this style of game, and the best part, it is cheap to boot and has a demo.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Lets see...

Loved:

Elden Ring (262 hours)

Last Call BBS (41 hours of Sawayama Solitaire :p )

If you count Hitman 3, but I played it on Stadia in 2021 already

Quite good:
The Quarry

Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit

Aperture Desk Job

So-so:
Jivana

I'm still slowly making my way through:
(I like these two...I just dont really enjoy playing them...does that make sense? I got the same problem with Life is strange – True Colours)

Stray

Syberia – The World Before

Still have to play / plan to play:

Ghost on the Shore

Martha is dead

A Memoir Blue

Gibbon – Beyond The Trees

Tunic

Anno Mutationem

Dream Cycle

God of War

Releases that come sometime this year that I wanna play:
A Plague Tale – Requiem

Blacktail

Asterigos – Curse of the Stars

^^^ those three are my most anticipated of the year, probably.

Steelrising

Return to Monkey Island

Wanted: Dead

Pocket City (which I have played on mobile before. I liked it there)

Uncharted (maybe)

Spiderman (maybe)

Evil West (maybe)

Signalis (maybe)

These might/probably will release this year or 2023 and I wanna play them:

Showa American Story

Hogwarts Legacy

Season – A Letter to the Future

Greedfall 2

Old Skies

I read "Sisters of Mercy" and got excited for a second, having waited for a new album by them for several years :p

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
I only need to defeat last boss in Melty Blood: Type Lumina boss rush mode to complete it, but it's insane : (, it's very hard.
You cannot lose versus Shiki Tohno, if you do you get the bad end and you have to start again.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I played a bit of Cult of the Lamb on my Deck during my lunch break. Game seems cool, and I was surprised by how good the controls feel. It's snappier than I was expecting.

Unfortunately, it runs horribly on the deck, with small hitches every few seconds. :disappointed-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
60k for Lamb now. It wasn't even on top 10 Steam wishlist and not much on the top seller list either. Other than the last 2-3 days.

• Eyes

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
For me it's currently Omno, of games played this year, but there are a few still to come. It'll be near the top regardless though.
Tunic was also very good, and I'm loving Bear & Breakfast, but not quite more than Omno

Edit: I'm dumb, apparently it came out last year? That seems wrong, as I bought it recently, but my bad. Probably Tunic then.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Lamb at almost 60k now. That's what big triple AAA games did a few years and the pub called it a success.

Stray also did 62k btw. Seems like it easier to do big on Steam nowadays.
Games like Stray and Lamb are the reason why I still love gaming so much, despite all the shit that big companies are trying to pull off. I'm very happy to see these games getting the success they deserve.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Elden Ring by 1000 country miles. Game of the decade.
I hate not being a hipster nerd, but I have to admit it's Elden Ring. Not even close.
It's fine as long as you follow up by saying you got into them via King's Field... 1 JPN!

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Elden Ring was so good we should just declare it the GOTY for the next 5 years. Nothing is gonna top it for a long while anyways.

I bet FromSofts next game won't even be 50% as good.

And this is all without any dlc/expansions.

Imagine when they do an expansion with 10-15 new bosses and a couple islands to explore + story, armor, spells, weapons etc :love:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Yet I can see eurogamer or other similar outlets put elden ring on #2 in their games of the year and some short walking simulator on #1 just to be hipster nerds (as durante put it ^^ )

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I think Trails might have a shot to out-GOTY Digimon Survive for me later this year.
My DLC/Expansion of the year is likely gonna ba Sunbreak.
And my Best Ongoing is likely going to Genshin.

• Eyes

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Ive officially booted from my new PC!
:h02hype:

What a pain in the ass it was

Now one question, when i boot it says CPU OVERTEMPISSUE during POST, but in the Bios it shows its at 51 Degrees CPU 61 Degrees CPU Package which seems normal?

Can i ignore that?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Ive officially booted from my new PC!
:h02hype:

What a pain in the ass it was

Now one question, when i boot it says CPU OVERTEMPISSUE during POST, but in the Bios it shows its at 51 Degrees CPU 61 Degrees CPU Package which seems normal?

Can i ignore that?
What temps do you see when it's running idle or at load in normal use? Running any CPU benchmark should suffice to get "at load" temps. If it stays clearly under 100 at load, then you should be fine.

Reactions: PhaZZe and Tomasety

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
What temps do you see when it's running idle or at load in normal use? Running any CPU benchmark should suffice to get "at load" temps. If it stays clearly under 100 at load, then you should be fine.
These

This software constantly shows me different loads and temps

now it shows me these

Im using "CPU TEMP" but its all in that range 40-60

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.