Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
By the way way I don't know if Chaos Head had an official Steam store page, or if this is only SteamDB stuff that we are looking at and if SteamDB will show Adult tags

I'm not 100% if this was mentioned but wasn't part of the thing with the PC version that it was speculated that it would be uncensored? From what I remember hearing the Switch version was going to be censored.

So if we assume that Switch version was going to be censored and the PC version was not going to be, then we can't compare them both since the PC version would not have been the same one that got an ESRB rating. Based off SpikeChunsofts past work they don't ESRB rate their PC games. Otherwise you might have seen a game with an AO rating or something else? If not an AO rating then it would have at least had some extra description to the rating page. Maybe this is not the case and maybe even the PC version has an ESRB rating.

Anyway if you want to make make mention of (but not to harass, there is a difference) this matter, then there are 3 potential people that this could be brought to.

1. Gabe, write him an email about the situation.

2. Casey, she is now in charge of PR stuff at Valve in addition to other stuff from what I recall.

3. Lawrence. Project lead for the Steam Deck from what I remember and well the Steam Deck officially releases in Japan later this year and will be at Tokyo Game Show next month. So showing it off as a VN machine would actually be great.

By the way funny story, there was a game by the Q company in Japan that made a lot of news for releasing on the Switch. I guess because of that hot topic Nintendo decided not to release it on Switch. Within 2 weeks that game had it's name changed and was then released on Steam. This same dev has even had one or two of their other games banned on Steam (one of those game despite already being released on Switch was then banned from Switch so no on else could by the game)
I like how you are on first name basis but I’ve idea who Lawrence and Casey are should I?:face-with-cold-sweat:

Gabe apparently reads all of his emails so may send something 🤷‍♂️

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I'm gonna list the various versions of the game:
  • CHAOS;HEAD: released in 2008, with a 15+ age rating, which obviously means this isn't an eroge. Released on PC
  • CHAOS;HEAD NOAH rated CERO Z: improved version with additional story elements and improved graphics, released on x360
  • CHAOS;HEAD NOAH rated CERO D: same additions but toned down and released on PS3 and PSP
  • CHAOS;HEAD NOAH rated CERO Z bundled with another game: which was released on PS4 and PS vita later
The Switch version the west is getting is the Cero D version, now rated M by the ESRB, and 16+ by the USK
This is what changes between CERO D and Z
also all this weird guesswork would be unnecessary if Valve simply clarified its own policies and guidelines

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

Well doesn't matter to me, will pick up the Steam DC upgrade on sale anyway. The DC is apparently really good too with DualSense haptics support on PC.
I wonder if they would allow you to pay 10$ for the DC version?

Anyway as someone who played and loves the game, this is really good for people who were on the fence (as it is a hard game to gauge if it is for you or not) and might want to pick up the DC version on Steam.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Now I just need KH and NEO TWEY cmon fucks sake Square.

I hope they are not permanent exclusives.
I don't think they are "permanent exclusives" in the sense that there's any contractual obligation. I think Square might just not bother with bringing them to Steam. One reason could be that they never actually worked on a Steam version, and now they'd have to invest some money into someone touching the code again, at the very least to integrate the basic Steam stuff. Perhaps Square just doesn't believe it's worth spending a cent on the games, since they sold poorly on EGS.
Alternatively, maybe Square actually forgot about these games and one day they'll just shadow drop on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.