Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantom

Mar 17, 2021

Both games are free as the developer passed way from cancer, it was one of his last wishes to make their games free to download on Steam.
The first is one of the best twin-stick shooters on Steam, had the 2nd on my wishlist for years, longer than any other game, waiting for it to come out of early access and now that's never happening :(

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So why is Fall 2022 a no man’s land for big releases ? Covid slowing down dev ?

update -
PCGamer did a list ! Yeah, shocking, that’s what all sites are good for nowadays, but it’s a nice list. SRPG baybee
They're all afraid of Trails from Zero!

Honestly with that and Genshin 3.0 to 3.2 I don't even know what else I'd play. (And I still have Sunbreak and Digimon to play among others).

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Disappointing to see such a low meta score for Soul Hackers 2. Some of the footage they've been showing looked so much better than a 77.

Also the new Madden getting absolutely recked by steam reviews and only 600 in game too.

Not in the mood to play Spider Man again for now and don't want to play Cult of the Lamb as I've already played so many roguelikes this year.

Also the new PacMan world rerelease is just the first game? For some reason all this time I thought they would bundle all of them for this repac so that is disappointing to find out as well.

August turned out to be such a meh month for me. Don't even know what to spend money on now. Maybe just play some multiplayer game and buy a battle pass or something :(

On the flip side Madden getting trashed so hard gives it a good chance at a quick discount at some point early in the season. They should have never charged full price for old gen version anyway. It would have done so much better at 30 or 40$.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Disappointing to see such a low meta score for Soul Hackers 2. Some of the footage they've been showing looked so much better than a 77.

Also the new Madden getting absolutely recked by steam reviews and only 600 in game too.

Not in the mood to play Spider Man again for now and don't want to play Cult of the Lamb as I've already played so many roguelikes this year.

Also the new PacMan world rerelease is just the first game? For some reason all this time I thought they would bundle all of them for this repac so that is disappointing to find out as well.

August turned out to be such a meh month for me. Don't even know what to spend money on now. Maybe just play some multiplayer game and buy a battle pass or something :(

On the flip side Madden getting trashed so hard gives it a good chance at a quick discount at some point early in the season. They should have never charged full price for old gen version anyway. It would have done so much better at 30 or 40$.
Good about Madden. EA can fuck right off with the lazy shitty last gen ports and roster updates and expecting full price.

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
Somehow i knew this was about the Domina developer..
That guy is extremly unhinged.

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
The 118% of target sales of Saints Row was from Embracer's investor call right? If so, Embracer is definitely going to come out on the strongest foot possible given the audience, but it is way too hard to tie that statement to anything tangible. I was about to go on a spiel, but I will read my own dang words and say that is too hard to tie those sort of statements to anything meaningful without further information. That said, I imagine Saints Row will do better now compared to any other month within the past year as there do not seem to be many big releases and I imagine some folks are chomping at the bit to play a big titled release. It will really just come down to its reception at this point.
Welp, its reception is bad, so now :blobyikes:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Didn't Tim said that Epic Store will only accept just best of the best?
I don't think they've trotted that particular bit of PR out since the early days, the internet just loves to rub their noses in it every time a new turd ends up on the store - which is with alarmingly regularity.
Clearly quality is whatever game they think they can hype up the most sales for.

Honestly, more worried about Volition - hopefully Embracer will allow them to weather this, theyre a talented team - or were anyway, and have more IP playgrounds they can play in.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I think I'm going to download Little Hope, enjoyed Man of Medan.
I thought Man of Medan was okay but the series went downhill after that. I still end up buying them every year because derExperte forces me to co-op that shit with him :disapproval-blob:

Might I suggest looking backwards at some of what makes PC games truly great? Boomer shooters for example. There has to be something that's out that you haven't tried out yet. Ultrakill just got a new update a few days ago. Adaca was mentioned earlier and while it's not exactly a boomer shooter, it's a fantastic one man project that's worth looking at. Project Warlock 2 released into early access just a while ago. If not a shooter, Gloomwood is a Thief like game that is coming in a few days and has a demo worth trying. Speaking of demos, the single best demo I've played in a very long time is another shooter named Selaco. I'm sure Selaco has been mentioned before but I have to say, it is completely, utterly mindblowing that a GZDoom game can look this good. If all this is too violent, there's a lovely looking point and click adventure that came out a while ago called Lost in Play that didn't do anywhere near as well as I feel like it deserved to (and I didn't buy it either, so I'm part of the problem). They had some real bad luck right at release and I think that depressed their sales drastically.

---

With the announcement of Jagged Alliance 3, I started looking back at the series history and man has it been a rough and utterly confusing journey. Multiple developers and multiple publishers throughout it's history have made a complete meal of the franchise. It has had multiple games with multiple expansions made by different sets of people. It has a a total conversion mod become an official standalone release. That standalone release got a DLC of the official game. Think about how corny that is. A game got a mod that became an official expansion which then got a DLC which was the original game that was modded in the first place. Oh and the only realistic way to run the game now is with a mod. The last few entries have been low budget and terrible. Being low budget is never a problem but a publisher not giving a shit about their customers and their IP is sad. They're okay releasing games that are clearly not finished or good enough and then don't bother to fix them because they naturally don't sell well enough due to how they released. All you do is tarnish the name of the franchise and disappoint the only people who will support you the next time around. So dumb. Anyway I hope the new one gets the care and budget that it deserves. The old games are on sale on gog if anyone wants to pick them up.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I have to ask, why would I drop £49.99 on a buggy mess of an outdated open world game like Saints Row when I could spend £49.99 on a decently ported next gen looking game like Spider-Man.

The sad thing for me is that I was interested (looking forward would be stretching it) in giving it a go. Now with the mixture of technical faults and, for all intents, what would have looked outdated 10 years ago I am not sure if even £10 is worth it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.