Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Black Forest Games have announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC

SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY! | Reveal Trailer

I feel like THQ Nordic is the new "Activision" with some of these licensed games. I hope that the licenses at least last a little longer than with Activision (TMNT, Transformers, Family Guy, etc...) since currently none of the licensed games can be purchased in any of the official digital stores due to their expiration.

Last edited:

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
THQN have made my second favourite game of the year (Jagged Alliance 3, you can guess what's first), and from the games shown at this showcase, I am looking forward to:

Gothic Remake
Titan Quest 2
Tempest Rising
Last Train Home
Outcast 2
Alone in the Dark
Trine 5

That is a lot, holy shit! Compare that to Sony showcase, which had I think grand total of 0 games for me.

Reactions: Prodigy and Cacher

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
THQN have made my second favourite game of the year (Jagged Alliance 3, you can guess what's first), and from the games shown at this showcase, I am looking forward to:

Gothic Remake
Titan Quest 2
Tempest Rising
Last Train Home
Outcast 2
Alone in the Dark
Trine 5

That is a lot, holy shit! Compare that to Sony showcase, which had I think grand total of 0 games for me.
I am surprised at how many of those listed set off the hype train. Trine is the only one I have no interest in.

Reactions: Paul and Cacher

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
So one of the things I've noticed since switching to Heroic for Epic/GOG/Amazon is how terrible Epic Games is with cloud saves.

Like, in the EGS client, Epic are in no way, shape or form transparent about how cloud saves work, but Heroic tells you in nice red text that the game doesn't support cloud saves. And literally 70-80% of the library I have on EGS that I want to play don't support cloud saves.

So I just dropped them all. Every EGS game I got for free has been removed from my backlog. There is literally no value in this dogshit, and even if I didn't want to move between PC and Steam Deck I also don't want to lose my goddamn saves when I reinstall Windows or get a new PC.

I think Heroic is the best implementation of the EGS client, and they've done an amazing job, but even if you gold plate a turd, it's still a turd.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
So what are the odds CD Keys sends me the Starfield code for the early access period?

I just realized that I've never bought a game from there that had two release dates.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
So what are the odds CD Keys sends me the Starfield code for the early access period?

I just realized that I've never bought a game from there that had two release dates.
Depends on where they're getting their keys from.

Unless they've explicitly said you'll get early access, you probably won't.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Scust.

I don't think it says anywhere, other than being the Premium Edition

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
The thing is, the grey market sites don't get their keys from official sources, so it really does depend on where their keys come from.

If you want to pay CD Keys prices, you get the CD Keys experience, which is an inconsistent one and you basically get what you get.

I've pre-purchased from GMG and if they fuck around with early access I'll probably be annoyed. But they've said I'll get early access so I expect to get it.

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan and Censored

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Man, FF7R is another one of those PC versions that make me question why I'm playing it on this platform. Getting really tired of these crappy ports.

• Sad
Reactions: thekeats1999

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Man, FF7R is another one of those PC versions that make me question why I'm playing it on this platform. Getting really tired of these crappy ports.
What issues have you been getting?

I'm playing through it too and other than stutters that I can count on one hand after 17 hours of play, this is as good if not better than what I played on PS5.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Scust.

I don't think it says anywhere, other than being the Premium Edition
Uh ? They even mention Early Access in the product title for me. Gotta believe there are big differences between region for their keys.
Still have to buy it btw, hesitating with YuPlay (hoping they are more reactive than cdkeys).

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
What issues have you been getting?

I'm playing through it too and other than stutters that I can count on one hand after 17 hours of play, this is as good if not better than what I played on PS5.
The stutter in towns is pretty bad. Fortunately it runs well outside of populated areas. There are barely any graphics options which is ridiculous for a release of this magnitude in this day and age. There's no way to disable DRS in-game. I'm tired of searching the net for fixes for the games I buy. The DF video pointed all of this out back in the day but I forgot just how low effort this port is.

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
According to a support person, they have ordered the machines from Valve.
Sounds like some officially sanctioned reselling there, then. Probably as close to a release as you're gonna get in the short term.

Hope you can grab one on Monday!

Has there been any news for our Australian and NZ buddies on when they may get a Deck?

Reactions: lashman and Mor

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
According to a support person, they have ordered the machines from Valve.
Oh, neat. Hopefully more such deals coming along in the future. Having more ways to buy Steam Decks in actual retail can only help it to reach more people. Not everyone is comfortable ordering hardware via Steam.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Oh, neat. Hopefully more such deals coming along in the future. Having more ways to buy Steam Decks in actual retail can only help it to reach more people. Not everyone is comfortable ordering hardware via Steam.
One of my friends bought a Deck from CEX because he didn’t want to buy straight from Steam.

“I’ve never bought on there before.”

Even when I said he’d be buying games from there a lot once he had it, that barrier to entry is a real thing. Some people just prefer to buy hardware from a retailer they trust because of things like returns and warranty.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Even when I said he’d be buying games from there a lot once he had it, that barrier to entry is a real thing. Some people just prefer to buy hardware from a retailer they trust because of things like returns and warranty.
Yeah, for me for example, I even try to buy all my hardware from a local retailer, not even ordering them online even if I 100% trust the shop.

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
My retail preference really stretches about as far as good Trustpilot review, and whether it's vastly cheaper on Amazon than someone else. I'm usually willing to spend a fair bit more for anyone that isn't Amazon, but if the Amazon savings are quite big I will cave, and just hope that Bezos is taking a loss on this sale.

I'm also usually comfortable buying straight from the manufacturer if they're a reputable company. I've bought hardware direct from Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple and Valve to name just a few.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
BG3 holding really well in the second weekend now. Nearly 700k concurrent.

It was such a smart decision to push the game out a month early. I know it came in hot and as a result more buggy probably. But I think most people would be okay with a bunch of hotfixes + support vs the original release date. I couldn't imagine the shitshow if BG3, ACVI and Starfield all released in a span of 10 days. It would have been chaos. Especially with Starfield premium edition letting you play even more early.

Reactions: thekeats1999

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
can't wait for wow to hit steam

:evilblob:
me too, but for other reasons than you probably ;) i just want all games on steam and be rid of battlenet any other launcher

_

fantomena
wow those Norwegian prices are quite something, if that is correct
6799 NOK = 595 EUR
7999 NOK = 700 EUR
10999 NOK = 963 EUR

__

I recently saw this in the store:

"This is Food" is basically a drinkable meal; and I buy those anyway sometimes, was just surpised to see a Starfield collaboration...OR that these kinds of collabs even still happen ;)

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Is it just the Starfield logo on a bottle of YFood, or does it come with a code or something? Because I prefer Huel personally.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Uh ? They even mention Early Access in the product title for me. Gotta believe there are big differences between region for their keys.
Still have to buy it btw, hesitating with YuPlay (hoping they are more reactive than cdkeys).
It does say up to 5 days early access in the description now that I double checky. But yeah, CD keys separates stuff by region.

Also, I know it's a key site and all and there's a risk. I was just asking if anyone had experience with staggered release like this as it didn't occur to me before.

Reactions: Li Kao

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Alright I think that's all I'm getting for this round of sales.

Feels like 2013 again with how deep cut the prices were between the VN and QC sales

On the other hand these are all old games anyway.
The Yu-No remake seemed to be such a disappointment. :(

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
Alright I think that's all I'm getting for this round of sales.

Feels like 2013 again with how deep cut the prices were between the VN and QC sales

On the other hand these are all old games anyway.
I really want more games like 428 Shibuya Scramble, enjoyed the world so much (excluding the anime part, felt out of place).

Haven't been able to find anything like it.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
me too, but for other reasons than you probably ;) i just want all games on steam and be rid of battlenet any other launcher

_

fantomena
wow those Norwegian prices are quite something, if that is correct
6799 NOK = 595 EUR
7999 NOK = 700 EUR
10999 NOK = 963 EUR

__

I recently saw this in the store:

"This is Food" is basically a drinkable meal; and I buy those anyway sometimes, was just surpised to see a Starfield collaboration...OR that these kinds of collabs even still happen ;)
That shit will clip out of your throat

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Nope, nothing, it's just a promo, unfortunately
I looked several times thinking "is this really just a promo?"
Videogame-branded meal replacement drink. The perfect synergy of brands.

Better than a Doritos and Dew promo, I guess.

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Even with the piss filter - so long as you turn off the objective/item highlight, it felt like it was working to finally tie the series together and was a worthy Deus Ex title in its own right. It's too bad we the gamers didn't buy it in droves ...and that Squeenix had such ridiculous expectations for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.