Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018

Super impressive all things considered. That just makes it even sadder that they're stuck doing these exclusivity deals. If AW2 does well it kinda feels like a matter of time until they get picked up by Sony or MS.

Last edited:

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
Beside the bonk factor, is it any good?
No good. Not bad. Middle ground.
I'm not sure what it is, but Disney and Star Wars are not a great combo - it's been pretty much Ok stuff at best except for a few outliers (I like Rogue One, Mandalorian S1).

Reactions: Le Pertti

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I've given up on Star Wars. Even when they produce the odd glimmering brilliance, Disney have kinda totally fucked it, huh?

I don't even enjoy the original trilogy anymore. Disney has just sucked all the fun out of it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
It's certainly shocking how utterly mid most of Star Wars and Pokemon are, given how huge they are culturally

• This!
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Tried ACVI but only for like 2 mins, just reached the tutorial's outdoor.

Can't say I like the controls and auto lock on etc., I hope it grows on me.

Shooting wasn't very satisfying either. Looks really cool though & runs ok.

Edit: now that I played more it has constant stuttering every half second or so, from the title screen to the FMV and then in game it's a complete mess. Updated drivers and what not. Hope they can fix it (there are numerous pages about it on the Steam forum), or it's one of the games I can't play without upgrade. Oh well.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
We really need a half agree, half disagree blob, the shrugging one looks like it doesn't care.

PS get ready for my Star Wars Thesis paper (at least 5 - 10 paragraphs long) hopefully I share it later today.

There is good and bad in Star wars. Even the original trilogy is both good and bad. The bad being that it doesn't really hold up that well, stuff was inspired by Star Wars and in some cases even did certain things better) the good about that is that it makes you appreciate the original trilogy even more for what it was doing (accomplished?)

If you were to have shown me the original trilogy when I was a kid, I very likely would not have cared that much about it and I also found Phantom Menace not that interested. But sit me down in front of a TV and show me the 2003 Clone Wars series and I would be an addict (Lego Star Wars was also a huge help, along with Battlefront 1 for getting me into Star Wars).

Last edited:

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
This was released yesterday
(99€ full edition was also released)
Guilty Gear 3rd season pass

expected 4 new characters and 2 stages

Reactions: Rin and lashman

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
No, it wasn't lol. For me, the only good movie is the third one.
The third one retroactively makes first two better. I like the prequels overall, despite their issues.

It is the sequels that I find worthless. Wasted opportunity.

Reactions: Dandy

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I think I appreciate the prequel trilogy a lot more than the sequel trilogy. The prequels, while far from great, told a (somewhat) cohesive story about the downfall of the Jedi and the beginnings of Darth Vader. Whereas there is no consistency to any of the sequels.

However, for me, the best stuff has been in the animated series. The Clone Wars TV series does a lot of heavy lifting for the prequels. Rebels has a shaky start but has a lot of great stuff in it. Not seen the bad batch yet though.

I think Star Wars should take a bit of a break across the board and maybe leave the Jedi behind for a bit. And also leave the legacy characters behind.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I come to all of you again to ask what do you guys suggest that I use to remote my Steam Deck from my Windows PC?

Someone did suggest AnyDesk and well that has been removed from Discover and from Flatpack

In a way it seems like some a simple solution on the other hand just, I don't know.

Some of the most simple solutions seem to be, to just use Steam Remote play, but going from 800P to 1440P is not ideal.

I want to come up with as fast as a solution as I can, so that I can make room for Starfield.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I come to all of you again to ask what do you guys suggest that I use to remote my Steam Deck from my Windows PC?

Someone did suggest AnyDesk and well that has been removed from Discover and from Flatpack

In a way it seems like some a simple solution on the other hand just, I don't know.

Some of the most simple solutions seem to be, to just use Steam Remote play, but going from 800P to 1440P is not ideal.

I want to come up with as fast as a solution as I can, so that I can make room for Starfield.
I found this:

• Love
Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, I should really have gone with a 512 Deck, transfers on SD are absolute dogshit, 2800 ko/s at best.
2go, please wait 10-20 minutes, ffs.

Now why do steam games installations on the SD are normal speed ?

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
No, it wasn't lol. For me, the only good movie is the third one.
The third one is the one I disliked most. The way Anakin turned to the dark side is so lame imo.

I'm still catching up on Star Wars series. Boba Fett was garbage imo, but my daughter and I are enjoying The Mandalorian a lot.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
The third one is the one I disliked most. The way Anakin turned to the dark side is so lame imo.

I'm still catching up on Star Wars series. Boba Fett was garbage imo, but my daughter and I are enjoying The Mandalorian a lot.
Boba Fett was terrible. Andor has been my favorite so far, but I also enjoyed the Mandalorian.

Reactions: Ge0force

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
So I had some downtime and I accidentally wondered into the world of NPC Tiktok characters. And for the first time in my 36 years of being on this planet I can say: I don't get this. Why are people watching and wasting money on this shit?

GET OF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS! Did watch the Super Mario Brothers movie with my wife, that was pretty cool.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The way people everywhere talk about the difficulty of Armored Core 6 has me feel like i'm from a different dimension.
People talk like it's another Souls Game, but i think the game is really, really easy?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
The way people everywhere talk about the difficulty of Armored Core 6 has me feel like i'm from a different dimension.
People talk like it's another Souls Game, but i think the game is really, really easy?
probably something like this:
"Yo! Look at me! I'm a pro at this ultra hardcore game, that's like Dark Souls for xyz"

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Do you not like that Anakin turned to the dark side? Or do you not like the method in which it happened?

As for Boba Fett, I'd image that one was not good for a number of reasons. I also don't think Robert Rodriguez was a good choice for Boba Fett. If Hollywood for some reason was going to make a Kamen Rider movie, he would at least be one of my very first picks based off his past works and Alita Battle Angle (he's one of the few that made a good live adaptation of an anime). But Star Wars just didn't feel like a good fit. Maybe it would have worked better if what they were trying to do in season 1 was split between 2 different reasons and if they focused much less on Mando, it's called Book of Boba Fett and not seasons 3 of The Mandalorian.

Reactions: thekeats1999

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Currently playing Bayonetta Origins on Steam Deck via Yuzu (EmuDeck) and it's working great so far. Steam Input is also a blessing, very easy to change controls to make it act like Im playing with Switch controllers, I also hate the Joycons, so playing it handheld on Deck is automatically a better experience (I always play my Switch games on TV because I use the Pro controller).

If Mario Bros Wonder works well too, I know where I will be playing it.

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
If I were to guess, the post is most likely referring ot Immortals of Aveum which is easily the worst performing game of the year
And it doesn't run so hot on consoles too
I feel like tech in games is in a weird spot right now. All this ray tracing stuff and UE5 stuff on paper sounds impressive but in practice it ends up being a waste of resources 90% of the time so far. It's resulting in game performance being in a pit it hasn't been in since the ps3/360 days but, and I think this is the bigger issue here, people aren't seeing the payoff visually in these games. I looked at immortals (beyond the DF vid) and it...doesn't look impressive to me. Like it doesn't look like it justifies the insane performance it demands. To my eyes it looks worse than horizon FW which is a cross generation game. You can say the same thing with FF16. A big reason why it performs so terribly is it's assumed that even in performance mode it uses ray tracing but people can't even tell it uses it. Visually it looks like a last gen game outside of cinematics.

In order for people to tolerate bad performance they need to be able to clearly see the leap forward in tech. There's a reason Crysis was a benchmark for a long time, it only took one brief look at it for even a casual gamer to be blown away by its visuals at the time. Maybe we're hitting the dreaded diminishing returns peak and it's harder to have that wow factor these days, maybe hardware just isn't ready for some of the stuff these engines want to use...I don't know the why but I'm pretty sure the reason people are so upset lately is because they just can't see this demanding tech as easily as in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.