Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
lashman only sonic chars is a bummer, but let's be real, the gameplay is key here.... And transformed was really good

Panda Pedinte sonic transformed is arguably the best kart racer ever.... I think it has a edge, hah, over Mario kart... It's a fucking fun game and I hope to God that the new one delivers.... Besides the characters thing, but that's not that important as long the gameplay and courses rule

Maxi

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
The new Sonic racing seems a little so-so from what I've seen of it. I was hoping they'd just stick with making a traditional kart racer rather than trying putting a twist on the racing with the team play and focus on Sonic characters. Racing games that try to change up the gameplay often don't go down very well....

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The new Sonic racing seems a little so-so from what I've seen of it. I was hoping they'd just stick with making a traditional kart racer rather than trying putting a twist on the racing with the team play and focus on Sonic characters. Racing games that try to change up the gameplay often don't go down very well....
yeah, so true .... Transformed is basically perfect

if it ain't broke ...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
eh ... dunno about that ... i'm not really excited for the new Sonic racing game .... since they made it Sonic-only .... bummer
On the one hand there aren't many Sonic characters to justify a large roster.
If you were to make a SEGA Racing game, you'd only need at least 6 Sonic characters:
Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Dr. Eggman & Shadow. Metal Sonic as a bonus but I never cared for him much and don't get why he is so popular. Guess Sonic CD made him way more popular than I thought.

As is it having only Sonic characters...well on the other hand I'd say it has more relative characters than Mario Kart.
Like putting aside Donkey Kong series, you've got the main gang being
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi & Bowser. Seeing as Toad was in pretty much all 3 original Super Mario games, I guess we can count him in, but notice that even with Toad, that's 6:6 with the Sonic cast I mentioned above.
These are THE most well known characters in the franchise. The remaining cast vary from minor side characters to your average Mario enemy. In fact MK having regular mook enemies (Dry Bones & Koopa Troopas) feels off.

With Team Sonic Racing you've got
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles
Shadow, Rouge, Omega
Amy, Big, Chao (?!!?!?!!?!?)
Blaze, Vector, Silver
Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, Dodonpa (main villain in TSR)

That's your main roster so far and generally they reflect the main playable cast of Sonic Heroes to an extent. Now granted you could say there are side characters in there but at least Blaze and Silver had major roles in their respective game series.
This is why I find the roster not too bad because it is compact and focuses on primary characters and not having it filled with odd choices like Koopa Troopa or Boo.

True enough... I just refuse to loose hope. New sonic racing MUST be good

:wd_hot:
I have faith in Sumo. Sonic Racing and Transformed are among my cousins' favourite racing games we spent hours playing during get togethers and long as they have fun too that's all that matters to me.

Adnor

Tetris Hell
Dec 11, 2018
As far as I know, it's a random number. Some people think it mean 22 of december, but the numbers of the DLCs meant nothing, so this number might be devoid of al meaning.

Just like life.

Reactions: Ibuki and lashman

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
tbh, they will want us to buy that new version, of course they won't touch original at least for that one reason, not like they were gonna, considering how old is that promise to fix it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Are they still using the Steam Forum for support?
i don't think they ever did :p i mean - people are posting about bugs etc. but i don't think the devs ever replied to anyone about that

Deleted member 113

Are they still using the Steam Forum for support?
I don't know about Ashen, but for Genesis Alpha One, the developer and publisher are using Steam to test the game, and offer support, when the game will not launch on Steam on the expected date (it will probably be released 12 months later).

Not sure why, considering one of the benefits I keep seeing developers list for the Epic Games store is the proximity with their customers.

Deleted member 113

I'm perplexed: so, that Sergey guy still has 1000+ patrons on Patreon, and is pulling $13.000+ a month?

Let me get this straight: a guy, working under contract for a company, starts developing a tool to gather data and spy on their competition, and its customers, and people are still paying him on top of his wages $13k+? Even after he finally disclosed why he did it, and who he is working for?

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I'm perplexed: so, that Sergey guy still has 1000+ patrons on Patreon, and is pulling $13.000+ a month?

Let me get this straight: a guy, working under contract for a company, starts developing a tool to gather data and spy on their competition, and its customers, and people are still paying him on top of his wages $13k+? Even after he finally disclosed why he did it, and who he is working for?
Then accuses valve of GDPR violations (sharing your full name on profile - which is fully optional to add to beging with, sharing achievements - which they did hide with games, screenshots (sharing is fully optional again)) and then goes on the violate himself and defend that.

What’s going on with Steam Spy? – Steam Spy

Very honest and cool guy.

Ron Mexico

Not Michael Vick
Dec 7, 2018
Did anyone grab the new Jagged Alliance game? Bought it last night in a fit of nostalgia but haven't dug into it yet. Still have fond memories of my 15 year old self playing JA1 for hours on end. Tried so hard to make Unusually Ruthless Reuben a feasible merc.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Then accuses valve of GDPR violations (sharing your full name on profile - which is fully optional to add to beging with, sharing achievements - which they did hide with games, screenshots (sharing is fully optional again)) and then goes on the violate himself and defend that.

Nice.
He and Epic also claims that there is no storewide DRM available, however I can't launch Shadow Complex without the Epic Games Launcher. Isn't that DRM?
PS. I know that Ashen and most new games are without DRM, but not even their own game is without...

Deleted member 113

Did anyone grab the new Jagged Alliance game? Bought it last night in a fit of nostalgia but haven't dug into it yet. Still have fond memories of my 15 year old self playing JA1 for hours on end. Tried so hard to make Unusually Ruthless Reuben a feasible merc.
I bought it, since I enjoy the series, I like THQ Nordic as a publisher (free re-releases, updates and expansions for old titles, ...), so I like to "support" them with a purchase whenever I'm interested in one of their games, plus the game had a pretty good price on Voidu.

But, I'm yet to play it. :giggle:
I'm still playing Hitman 2, so I'll probably only start playing it later in the month.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Been playing Duxcom in the last few games. Someone on ERA said that it would be too easy on Normal but so far fights are pretty challenging I can't reduce the enemies through stealth beforehand. But so far pretty neat.

Also I observed that some shots are fixed? I reloaded a save a few times and it was always the same shot that would miss even with 75% hit chance. Tried it like 10 times it was always the second shot that would miss.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

This guy is the very definition of dishonest. Unlimited refunds, anyone?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

I've pretty much lost all respect for Galyonkin in the last few days.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Artifact losses players on both China and South Korea.

Deleted member 113

PC Gamer is going all in with the promotion of Epic Games, and it's store.
On twitter alone, they already posted 6 (?!) tweets today directly or indirectly related to Epic Games:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1072533746652467201
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1072302470745997313
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1072491345045000192
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1072355332364660736
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1072466091153256448

And on related news, another exclusive launch for the Epic Games Store, that was previously announced as a Steam launch: Maneater, by Tripwire Games.

Another game I will gladly skip. Especially coming from Tripwire, a publisher that, after stating that Killing Floor 2 would not have any microtransactions, and would only have DLCs, decided during Early Access to go back on their word.

Reactions: lashman and Ibuki

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
Another game I will gladly skip. Especially coming from Tripwire, a publisher that, after stating that Killing Floor 2 would not have any microtransactions, and would only have DLCs, decided during Early Access to go back on their word.
I found it interesting that both Maneater and Satisfactory were both revealed at the PC Gaming Show at E3 and they both are being switched from Steam to Epic Store. I don't think there is any correlation, but I don't think we have seen the last of this.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
I don't even know what to take from this. Fairly sure the games that are on Epic Games Store won't be available on another store, that was the whole point of it, was it not?

I found it interesting that both Maneater and Satisfactory were both revealed at the PC Gaming Show at E3 and they both are being switched from Steam to Epic Store. I don't think there is any correlation, but I don't think we have seen the last of this.
Oh no, they'll most likely reveal more games in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.