Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Why would he need to release it on Steam or GOG for?
He could just host it on their website because it sounds like it is like any Doom mod/megawad.
Doom doesn't have Workshop support, does it? That would be a good way of allowing easy access to custom levels.

Reactions: lashman

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Awe yes, been waiting for that, time to get the popcorn. (I assume Valve wasn't represented by anyone).

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Monster Crown from the Highlight thread looks awesome.

Monster Sanctuary looks intersting too.

And Digimon Survice is coming as well!

Looks like a good year if you're a fan of monster taming/training games :)
On that note, anyone knows any good games like this on Steam?

I can think of World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Nights of Azure off the top of my head.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Windows 10 doesn't always get everything right, and it does have a lot of problems but I'd like to take a moment to point one awesome feature that many are probably sleeping on.

Windows Sonic for Headphones. It emulates surround sound like you see on console headsets with those weird dongles. I don't think Microsoft is developing it with games in mind but rather movies, alas, it works wonders all the same. In games like R6Siege where sound really matters for noticing when someone's footsteps are near it almost feels like cheating!

Another game this worked beautifully on was Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The sound design in that game is amazing as is, but with surround sound the ambient noise of the jungle really comes to life and spooked the hell outta me lol.

Because it is emulated Surround, it's not 100% perfect. But as someone who plays on a TV my options are headphones or the speakers my TV came with... I do have really good headphones, but the reality is that even the best headphones are just a left and right speaker. With Windows Sonic, I can determine sound not just from left or right but also above and below, front or back.

If you have Windows 10 and play with headphones but wanna experience surround sound, give it a try! :) I'm not saying it beats the real thing, but it's a very valuable option to have imo.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Windows 10 doesn't always get everything right, and it does have a lot of problems but I'd like to take a moment to point one awesome feature that many are probably sleeping on.

Windows Sonic for Headphones. It emulates surround sound like you see on console headsets with those weird dongles. I don't think Microsoft is developing it with games in mind but rather movies, alas, it works wonders all the same. In games like R6Siege where sound really matters for noticing when someone's footsteps are near it almost feels like cheating!

Another game this worked beautifully on was Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The sound design in that game is amazing as is, but with surround sound the ambient noise of the jungle really comes to life and spooked the hell outta me lol.

Because it is emulated Surround, it's not 100% perfect. But as someone who plays on a TV my options are headphones or the speakers my TV came with... I do have really good headphones, but the reality is that even the best headphones are just a left and right speaker. With Windows Sonic, I can determine sound not just from left or right but also above and below, front or back.

If you have Windows 10 and play with headphones but wanna experience surround sound, give it a try! :) I'm not saying it beats the real thing, but it's a very valuable option to have imo.
Never knew about this but definitely going to give it a try, thanks for mentioning it!

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I just assume the ladies got the hots for Momoa and that's bringing in the seats.

Question now is could DC step up and get someone competent to make a competent Aquaman game?
A game that's entire in a water world? Aren't water levels in any game like the most hated levels? :poop:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Why is Aquaman such a big hit in China?
All action movies do well in China, no matter how terrible. I'm not aware of why exactly but it must be a social thing equivalent to something we have in the states too :p

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Conan Exiles is currently free on the Epic Games store
Conan Exiles - Conan Exiles

EDIT: However, its only the dev kit.

From the looks of it, this is only the dev kit for Conan Exiles. Both Epic and Funcom did not clarify on the store page whether this was only the Unreal Engine 4 dev kit or not (which is a bit misleading if you ask us). After downloading it, we can confirm that it’s only the dev kit.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Anyone here play Dusk, is it good? seems like great reviews and seems to have launched today.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I'm looking out for impressions as well. I have been interested for a while, but I was waiting for the full release.
Anyone here play Dusk, is it good? seems like great reviews and seems to have launched today.
It's the best FPS I've played since DOOM. So far, out of all the "retro revival" games I've played, this is the only one that really gets it, making something that doesn't just copy the games that inspired it, but actually improves upon them, A LOT.

Deleted member 113

Anybody have an extra MM key from HB that they would sell or trade?
Do you mean Mega Man Legacy Collection?

---

Slay the Spire is on sale at Humble.
Can anyone familiar with the game please let me know: if I buy the game today, will i miss out on any content (time-limited content, crowdfunding exclusive content, ...)?
thanks

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Do you mean Mega Man Legacy Collection?
Yes.
Post automatically merged:

If you want any of these, let me know.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
METAL SLUG X
Oxenfree
Mad Max
Guts and Glory
Carmageddon: Max Damage
Skulls of the Shogun
Pumped BMX +
System Shock 2
Lovely Planet
PixelJunk Shooter
War of the Human Tanks
One Finger Death Punch
Zoombinis

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
So, just finished Mirror of Fate (once again, thanks to The Queen for the giveaway)

Overall I liked it though it's nothing special. It's a normal metroidvania, with somewhat clunky combat and platforming, but ends up being enjoyable. The graphics are OK (ported from 3DS after all) and I didn't pay any atention to the story (never liked Castlevania lore) so no opinion there.

Recommended? Probably not, there are better metroidvanias out there.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's all about the new Sonic racing anyway... Don't see that crash remake being relevant

:wd_dealwithit:
eh ... dunno about that ... i'm not really excited for the new Sonic racing game .... since they made it Sonic-only .... bummer

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled comparado ao original; confira

Yeat another brazillian gaming site that seems to list the game coming to pc.
Could someone look up brazillian rating boards and see if pc is listed there?
I can try to do it later

It's all about the new Sonic racing anyway... Don't see that crash remake being relevant

:wd_dealwithit:
I never liked these kart racing games be it Mario Kart or CTR (I specially hated this one) the only one I've enjoyed was the Sonic All Star Racing Transformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.