Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Tetris Hell
Dec 11, 2018
And the sales start and I don't even have money to buy Christmas presents to my nephews and niece lol

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Based on the "offers" shown on my curator page, it seems Celeste and Obra Dinn are not going to be discounted. Other games like Slay the Spire appear there, so I guess the discount will appear later for them.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
For some reasons, Enhanced Steam breaks the homepage of Steam during the Winter sales. What is below is the whole page. :)

I have to deactivate it. And it is not maintained anymore. Sad!

Edit: I have crafted my badge level 1. It don't know if I want to level it up. :p

I received a strange emoji, a dude almost in a Y-shape. Maybe a reference to Jesus (???), or to "Praise the Sun" in Dark Souls.

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Actually, may be easier to not buy anything from the sale than i thought, most things in my wishlist are 30% off at most and a good bunch aren't discounted =/

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I received a strange emoji, a dude almost in a Y-shape. Maybe a reference to Jesus (???), or to the "Pray the Sun" in Dark Souls.

That's actually a statue that's part of the Steam Awards. It's supposed to look like the Oscar trophy I think, maybe mixed with the Praise the Sun meme?

Reactions: Wok and lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Guess
Someone take these poor pups off my hand please
[Hidden content]

While part of me does wish them luck, another part me is just

Cars is laughing.
Menacingly too I think?
Thanks, got Chiken Invaders!

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Steam needs to allow us to sort our visible badges on our profiles already.

I crafted badges for a e s t e t h i c, but then randomly earned a new one a few days later and it ruined my profile. F
This person understands on the n e x t level. (Though I sadly, have given up the fight and just let the badges roll. It hurts.)

Reactions: Sophie and lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
As I have WD series on GOG, I'd much rather get the game on GOG as well tbh for completion's sake. I couldn't care less if the Epic Store ver. IS DRM-free, I've little interest in buying from there, so me and GOG users who didn't buy S4 are being given the middle finger.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Made the purchase with no issue but they are requiring verification which includes pictures of your ID + another photo with you holding your ID. This is some China shit here. Replied back with request to cancel unless there is a way around that.
yeah ... ramoisdead mentioned it as well .... sounds shitty :/

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
I'm still waiting for the email asking me to send verification to receive the key, which I'm guessing is going to ask the same ID shot + my shot at which point i'll just ask for my money back.

Meanwhile, clicking on the door in the Steam Cozy Cottage doesn't work for me (and a friend of mine) and I have no idea why or how to fix it (tried in firefox, chrome and the client itself). Anyone else has this issue? I tried asking around but didn't receive replies so I'll try asking here now.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Meanwhile, clicking on the door in the Steam Cozy Cottage doesn't work for me (and a friend of mine) and I have no idea why or how to fix it (tried in firefox, chrome and the client itself). Anyone else has this issue? I tried asking around but didn't receive replies so I'll try asking here now.
I encounter the same issue with my smurf.

Not a big deal, try again tomorrow:

How many doors can I open each day of the sale?

You can open one new door for each day of the sale. Don’t worry if you miss a few days—you can open the doors for the previous days that you missed until January 3rd, 2019 10AM Pacific time when the 2018 Winter Sale ends.

Reactions: Lain and lashman

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018
I'm still waiting for the email asking me to send verification to receive the key, which I'm guessing is going to ask the same ID shot + my shot at which point i'll just ask for my money back.

I've read that changing your steam language for english makes it work, but Steam is very slow atm, not the best time to test.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Dude, your Backloggery is mesmerizing. All those games, the details, the overview.

Oh, that old thing. 'twas a labor of love or something adding all those games one by one. As for the aesthetics of it, what can I say? I like things to look good lol.

I'm so slow to update the backloggery these days, and it feels so clunky to use compared to more modern websites. Still it allows for a nice degree of control.

Reactions: Sophie and lashman

Deleted member 113

I only got 2 items: a wallpaper, and an emoji.
Has anyone found a way to fix this, and get the missing item?
thanks

Deleted member 113

---

Wok , that page you posted with the items you received, where can I check it?
I can't find that page. :giggle:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Made the purchase with no issue but they are requiring verification which includes pictures of your ID + another photo with you holding your ID. This is some China shit here. Replied back with request to cancel unless there is a way around that.

I once had to give one of those sites my phone number and even that felt like too much.

Reactions: Xclash and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.