Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Same here, I've stopped pirating as soon as I got a job and earned money to buy games. The only game I've "pirated' lately was Dead Space, but that was because I own the disc version and my current PC doesn't have a disc drive anymore. I'm just ignoring EGS exclusives, which is easy for me since there are much more great games out there than I have time to play them.

Oh and don't worry for what happened a few weeks ago. I understand your disappointment, and we all need to vent our frustrations from time to time. I do this almost every week in the EGS thread, which somehow reliefs me and helps me to keep enjoying pc gaming, despite the scummy things that have been happening.
Old games that have missing and damaged disks, I've live that one. I had to "borrow" disk 4 of Silent Hill 3 from a lender site like six years ago bc the disk was damaged. :( (Shame bc that copy of the game is a legit collectors item) I also lost the disk for The Longest Journey but I just borrowed the steam copy I gifted my gf. Always have a disk drive everyone!

I've learned to troll reddit recently, so that'll get my frustrations out from now on. :) ;p srry not srry reddit sucks.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have been a good pleb boy and didn't spend a dime on vidya games this month. It hurts like hell but I'm getting better. The finances are still horrible but that's a vicious circle for you. Oh, wait I hear something. Maybe Santa doing some advance gifts ?
Oh, no, it was my mobile dying its last breath.

:wd_hot:

Sygmaelle

MetaMember
Sep 8, 2019
L4D VR sounds like a dream come true to me IF it actually is frenetic and not a snooze fest akin to that Arizona zombie shooter thingie

Fatshark please do make Vermintide VR you cowards its literally the perfect medium for it

Also bring Portal VR as the penultimate experience of all the crazy shit we can have in terms of depth perception. Make these vr legs shake in their boots. I want that so bad :(

Reactions: lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Saw this article this morning about the Steam Controller:

So that video with all the time lapse of the manufacturing facility in IL - really cool. I watched it like 5 times. I had no idea Valve put together a facility just for the controller, I had figured they hired some company, who then farmed it out to China like everybody does, and just the distribution warehouse was in IL.

I really hope they have a follow up controller in the works.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
L4D VR sounds like a nightmare gone wrong. Imagine being surrounded by zombies as far as your eyes can see, armed with nothing but a rusty baseball bat, while your teammates are dying on the ground a few meters from you. Can't reach them to revive them, can't kill all the zombies on your own. And you hear a witch crying nearby, while a tank is smashing through the walls on your side. You know you won't survive, but you refuse to go down without a fight.

That's too much, man!
Horde of zombies around and you drop your last clip of ammunition.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have been a good pleb boy and didn't spend a dime on vidya games this month.
Good job. I hope you have found some nice games to play in your backlog, including games bought this year.

Hopefully, you won't have the banker making you pay fees like the other months.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Good job. I hope you have found some nice games to play in your backlog, including games bought this year.

Hopefully, you won't have the banker making you pay fees like the other months.
Pfft, already done !
At the start of the month I sent a check to make my bank account go positive. The postal services were just a little slow on the delivery, my bank officially forbid me to make checks 2 hours before they acknowledged the payment.
Now, the forbidden part is sorted, I just have to wait some days for it to be back to normal, but I got a nice 50 euros Christmas fee. For 2 hours.

PS. You want to know the best part ? I wrote them an email to warn them of the sent payment 2-3 days in advance. They never answered and when I desperately tried this card to avoid the 50 euros fee, they answered, like it's a totally normal business practice... that I should have called. Ok, I now know that the email address is for show.

Reactions: Wok

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
So, it's 3 hours until Game Awards if my math is right, let's get ready for rumble and Timmy Boy's assault!

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Might wanna add about 8 more hours to that. TGA is at 8:30pm EST and it's currently 10am EST here.
Hm, Valve tweeted this yesterday:

And google says it's almost 7am Pacific Time now. Either they report in Valve time, or it's a different award.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah it could just be the start of the Event page, with the demos, sale, etc.

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
A few hours of automated trailers with free game/Index drops for people who cannot spend the night up would be nice.
Yep, but we still would have to wait till tomorrow for announcements. So, I hope it'll be a bit early than 2:30 am Moscow time. Sometimes being in Europe sucks.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Me too, I think its bc I own the original.

I was hoping it would be free for us owners bc original no longer really functions but whatevers, I'd rather toss $5 to a new experience.
It doesn't ?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Started Ace Attorney last night and I’m realllllly liking it so far.
Hope you enjoy it all the way :) Let the wonderful localization carry you through it.

So, it's 3 hours until Game Awards if my math is right, let's get ready for rumble and Timmy Boy's assault!
There is a countdown timer that I shamelessly stole/copycatted from Era in the Game Awards thread I made.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Called my bank to see where they were in the process of allowing me to make checks again.
They never received the form sent to their email. They didn't receive it when we tried in real time today, nor with another of my email addresses. Do note that the issue is not on my end because I could write / receive from another org today.
Then I tell them their service just sent me a reference for my email, but I was told they can't search by reference (!)

So I get that I'm in trouble for an invoice I had to pay by check asap, that I can't make checks and won't be able to for some time since evidently the process to reverse the interdiction hasn't even started, and that my bank online service is worthless as fuck. The person I was in contact with was polite and nice, and I'm not the type to shout or whatev. Internally, I was screaming. I'm still screaming.

Gonna hit up the French Craigslist. Hoping boardgames sell, it's basically the only thing of worth I can think of. And the Switch. Goodnight sweet prince.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Only 351 in-game? Seems it's not as successful as I initially thought.
It dances between 300-500 CCU at every moment, I bet the sold copies will be around 10-15k in total at the end of the month, but souls-like games have legs so I expect those numbers to climb up slowly but steady.
Fucking finally. EGS has no cloud save for Ashen afaik.
That's correct ^^

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Is the last level in Celeste automatically unlocked or do I need to do something to get it unlocked?

Sygmaelle

MetaMember
Sep 8, 2019
Only 351 in-game? Seems it's not as successful as I initially thought.
Everybody played it on EGS

Really good game too, had more troubles with Ashen than any From Software games. Reminded me of Severance quite a bit because of some design key points.

I remember how a lot of so called hardcore action rpg gamers at release got pissed off for getting wrecked in dungeons basically, good times

Status
Not open for further replies.