Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I asked for a refund for RDR2, this is idiotic. I've spent half my playtime adjusting settings to make it run decently on my PC. Valve shouldn't allow this kind of crap, unless they're actually launch discounts.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I asked for a refund for RDR2, this is idiotic. I've spent half my playtime adjusting settings to make it run decently on my PC. Valve shouldn't allow this kind of crap, unless they're actually launch discounts.
They technically don't. There's a Steam rule that I believe is no discounts within 30 days of launching on Steam, except for launch discounts. So this is in fact violating store policy.

Reactions: Wok and derExperte

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just wondering, I saw a lot people on Reddit talking about "switch voucher" and you just now talked about it too. What is that?
I don't think it's available in the US anymore, but it's on the EU eShop.

You buy a a set of 2 coupons that allows you to choose 2 games out of a chosen selection of games, ranging from 1st party to 3rd party games. The 2 coupons has a reduced price compared to if you will buy the games separetely like normally, so the best is to choose 2 games that have the highest prices (normally Nintendo 1st party games). I bought 2 sets, so 4 coupons, used them on FE Three Houses, Astral Chain, Luigis Mansion 3 and Zelda Links Awakening, the coupons made getting the games cheaper than if I would purchase them separately.

Reactions: PC-tan

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
HOLY SHIT. Hero Must Die is coming over?!

That game was a Vita exclusive that NIS published in Japan. They mentioned years ago they wouldn't bring it over themselves, I'd given up hope for a localization and was planning on importing it sooner or later! This is huge for me.

Reactions: DeejayDoom

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
As someone who bought RDR 2 at (Steam) launch, I'm not bothered by this sale at all. I already put in 31 hrs, the fucking game ran on my APU build (not great, but surprisingly decently) and I'm having a blast every time I open it. If you can pick it now, I fully recommend it.

Last edited:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I don't think it's available in the US anymore, but it's on the EU eShop.

You buy a a set of 2 coupons that allows you to choose 2 games out of a chosen selection of games, ranging from 1st party to 3rd party games. The 2 coupons has a reduced price compared to if you will buy the games separetely like normally, so the best is to choose 2 games that have the highest prices (normally Nintendo 1st party games). I bought 2 sets, so 4 coupons, used them on FE Three Houses, Astral Chain, Luigis Mansion 3 and Zelda Links Awakening, the coupons made getting the games cheaper than if I would purchase them separately.
How much is it? I'm about to buy Switch tomorrow.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
So how many EGS exclusives are going to announced tonight? All of them right, I expect stuff like big stuff like Batman to be fully exclusive, at least I won't be awake to watch the train wreck.

Reactions: Ge0force

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
So how many EGS exclusives are going to announced tonight? All of them right, I expect stuff like big stuff like Batman to be fully exclusive, at least I won't be awake to watch the train wreck.
Anything that isn't Valve is a potential egsclusive until proven otherwise. That being said, Volvo finally moved their ass, so I don't expect EGS ravaging like they did last year.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Valve can grant exceptions. Especially with curated sales like this.
No way in hell they didn't know beforehand so it's just Rockstar being scummy as they usually are. I really hope Steam does the right thing and grants refunds to anyone asking, regardless of playtime.

Reactions: Wok and lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Ahhh... this sale is......

Only LiS2 is something I added to my cart. And I'm thinking about it.... Its $20 on PS4 as well and my current computer is a pumpkin and my likely next computer will be a straight up mobile APU potato.

Oh, and the outer wilds is on sale for $20.....

To our Lord and Savior, tonight we gather to plead for your grace, for tonight we say;
Please gift me free games tonight, for none is more worthy of thy grace than I. Hear our Prayer.
Please have a high quality stream and make the rules easy to understand. Hear our Prayer.
Motherfucker, I've never won shit from you since 2004, gimme. Motherfucker, Hear our Prayer.

Reactions: Wok and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
For the 100th time, there's NOTHING fully exclusive, it's always 12 months even if devs/pubs don't say anything, after 170 deals the trend is pretty much clear at this point, isn't it? jeez, man, calm down.

It's not the end of the fucking world, you should totally try to enjoy things a bit more :/

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
For the 100th time, there's NOTHING fully exclusive, it's always 12 months even if devs/pubs don't say anything, after 170 deals the trend is pretty much clear at this point, isn't it? jeez, man, calm down.

It's not the end of the fucking world, you should totally try to enjoy things a bit more :/
I'm fairrly sure Tim said somewhere that everything is timed exclusive too. I think in relation of Heavy Rain.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

This is the only game the devs has confirmed is a full EGS exclusive:

Still, who knows if they will keep it a full EGS exclusive forever.

I don't get it. What is it?

Reactions: NarohDethan and Mor

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Aaand my refund request was denied. Valve can really go to hell this time.
Can you try again? I dunno if you asked them to put the money back into your Steam wallet, but maybe they'll go easier if you do that.
I'm pretty sure I had games refunded that were over 2 hrs.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This is the only game the devs has confirmed is a full EGS exclusive:

Still, who knows if they will keep it a full EGS exclusive forever.
While I'm not saying some won't stick to EGS forever, in this particular case wording has changed 3 times already, first it was a contractual thing, then it was because they wanted to do so and now it's contractual again, not going to call them liars or anything but, if big ones aren't fully by contract, I highly doubt this one is for some magical reason.

Reactions: Arsene

Deleted member 113

Would I be able to play the demos in more than 24/48 hours if I go offline mode ?
If they are installed, I'm sure at least some will work, even in online mode.

I got an email update from the Eastward developer that said the following:

«The demo will be unlocked at 10:00AM Dec.12th PST.
Don't forget to grab your copy in time from the store page:

It will only be available on Steam for 48 hours, but you can still play it after the event

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Regarding time-limited demos, Valve has done it before during their narrative festival. Demos were removed from accounts.

Oh, I will. :cautious:
Through every possible mean.

Your refund request was likely automatically denied because you have more than 2 hours of playtime. If you manage to reach a human being at Steam Support, you have better chance.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
The System Shock demo is horrible. It runs hitchy as hell. Without vsync i get screen tearing. With vsync the game syncs at 57 instead of 60.
When i opened the first puzzle panel my framerate went down into the 30/40 fps. :(

The mouse sensivity is too low even at the highest setting.

Also, the mutants are badly modelled.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
The System Shock demo is horrible. It runs hitchy as hell. Without vsync i get screen tearing. With vsync the game syncs at 57 instead of 60.
When i opened the first puzzle panel my framerate went down into the 30/40 fps. :(

The mouse sensivity is too low even at the highest setting.

Also, the mutants are badly modelled.
I don't know if it the artstyle or not but I can count the pixels.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Mortal Kombat miiiight be getting Crossplay. I wonder if PC get ignored.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.