Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
It's my most played game on Steam, the amount of content is incredible!

I'm really curious about the new AI routines. The long turn times turned me off to play the Mortal Empires campaign.
My old mortal empire campaigns are not faster, but the new one I started:

Reactions: Ge0force

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How much should I ask for a P8P67LE + 2500k + 2x4Go DDR2
If I want to respect the buyer and myself ? Basically I always try to be fair, but not be dumb.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Called my bank to see where they were in the process of allowing me to make checks again.
They never received the form sent to their email. They didn't receive it when we tried in real time today, nor with another of my email addresses. Do note that the issue is not on my end because I could write / receive from another org today.
Then I tell them their service just sent me a reference for my email, but I was told they can't search by reference (!)

So I get that I'm in trouble for an invoice I had to pay by check asap, that I can't make checks and won't be able to for some time since evidently the process to reverse the interdiction hasn't even started, and that my bank online service is worthless as fuck. The person I was in contact with was polite and nice, and I'm not the type to shout or whatev. Internally, I was screaming. I'm still screaming.

Gonna hit up the French Craigslist. Hoping boardgames sell, it's basically the only thing of worth I can think of. And the Switch. Goodnight sweet prince.
‘Hello good sir, yes I’m glad to inform you that you can write checks again! However, I must warn you that if we see that you write one for Valve Corporation, I will personally come down to your house and punch you in the spleen. Have a nice day!’

Reactions: Ruvon and Li Kao

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I never heard of that game. But it's good that Amazon studios seem to be getting closer to actually releasing something.

Also is it a one-time-purchase MMO, monetization wise?

Reactions: lashman

Sygmaelle

MetaMember
Sep 8, 2019
That doesn't seem to be the prevailing opinion. (It sits at Mixed/64% right now)

Personally I'd be a lot more interested were it not for all the reports of coop being basically broken.
I'll go ahead and assume that the mixed / 64% is based on Steam reviews ?

Because that's 18% lower than critics average and I'd never take any Steam review half seriously, otherwise by now I'd be thinking that Mad Max is a really good game. Don't mean to be disrespectful with that answer

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Steam reviews is more similar to rottentomatoes than to a normal scale of reviews because it is just based on 2 options (like or not).

Reactions: crimsonheadGCN

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Personally I find the Steam review aggregate to be more in line with my own opinion, for most games, than other sources (it can still be way off of course for some games, just more rarely than e.g. the press average on metacritic).
But that's not even that important -- what they are really great for it quickly getting a feeling for the strengths and weaknesses of an unknown game (and its PC version).

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
So, our beautiful bastard Morte turned 20 today. Completely forgot about that, I hope Lord Avellone will forgive me for this sin.

Reactions: Li Kao

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

How many will get moneyhat I wonder.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So we have 48h to play the nice demo selection. First, go fuck yourself with the hard time limit.
But how in hell does 12/13/2019 at 19:00 equals 48 hours ?

Reactions: Wok

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Anyone know if there's a way to keep track of all new vertical artwork/grids that are being added to Steam?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So I just found out that due to the 2 bunch of Switch coupons I bought, I have enough gold coin money to get Sayonara Wild Hearts. I assume it will be a 1 year EGS exclusive when it releases on PC so I guess I can just get it on Switch anyways.

Edit: Man oh man, what a damn coincidence. Holy shit, I almost bought the game.

This is why Im on MetaCouncil.

Last edited:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

I'm seeing a -73% discount.
Easy buy for two new levels (with the discount anyway). I love that game.

What do we mean by "+"?:
  • Two all-new, handcrafted levels set on Phobos & Deimos, the moons of Mars.
  • New ships: Brave the horrors of Mars with several powerful new ships and their unique loadouts, including Treason's powerful fusillades of homing missiles, Ghost's mighty close-range Excalibur and shadow double, and The Armada, three new configurable characters allow for 36 possible weapon loadouts, allowing players to craft their own playstyle.
  • Countless improvements large and small, including new background & enemy artwork, level layout adjustments, bullet pattern tweaks, and a completely scratch-built user interface.
  • The original soundtrack and sound effects have been carefully remastered for 5.1 surround sound, powered by the all-new Gorilla Audio engine.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Friendly reminder that the Japanese Harvey Weinstein Ben Judd voices Phoenix Wright in the original trilogy.
Switch to Japanese dub if possible
Guess going forward, that's how I'm playing the games. Unless someone makes a fan mod that replaces his Eng. voice.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Sayonara looked great but I don't wanna support annapurna, they dealed their whole damn catalogue to Epic... How did that one escape? Or was it there long?

Reactions: Ge0force

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Would I be able to play the demos in more than 24/48 hours if I go offline mode ?

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
So I just found out that due to the 2 bunch of Switch coupons I bought, I have enough gold coin money to get Sayonara Wild Hearts. I assume it will be a 1 year EGS exclusive when it releases on PC so I guess I can just get it on Switch anyways.

Edit: Man oh man, what a damn coincidence. Hoyl shit, I almost bought the game.

This is why Im on MetaCouncil.
Nice timing lol.

Reactions: Mor
Status
Not open for further replies.