Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Roki is very nice, Haven too, even if it may end up being a little ripetitive in the long run. I was actually sort of disappointed by Eastward, it felt kind of bland.

Reactions: inky and Wok

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Oh you

Correct. On my end tho given my wild wild tastes I can't say they're ever useful outside of the hidden gem "happenings"
I find them quite useful most of the time, as i tend to buy sometimes games with low reviews and it is interesting to see what people that bought it think of them...

Transport Fever 2 @ 22k players, above RDR2 right now. One of those successes which will never get mentioned by the media (outside of Germany that is).
People forget the power of strategy games...

Reactions: Wok

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
On the one hand, I am glad that the gem market will crash. :einar:
On the other hand, I am punished for crafting badges before the Winter sales start. :BibleThump:
Why are you so inconsistent, Gabe? How am I supposed to carry out my plan in this context? :BabyRage:

Edit: Snapshot of the market now. Before the storm.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Didn't finish any of these demos, but played about 5-10 min of each of them:

System Shock - good, but needs work on UI and combat
Haven - pretty good
Spiritfarer - okay, nice design and fluid gameplay
Roki - didn't really understand it, but it has good design,
Eastward - really damn cool, but need some optimization
Skatebird - pretty cool, but need some work
Moving Out - very fun
Carrion - great
Heavenly Bodies - really cool, like qwop as an astronaut in space, can be played in coop which can be super fun
The Drifter - really good, liked it a lot
Chicory - nice little game about painting the world
Acid Knife - liked this one a lot, but somewhat annoying that you lose your weapon every time you touch an enemy or something that hurts you and you have to pick it up again
Wooden Nickel - a bit confusing to know what's going on, but I like the concept

My favorites are The Drifter, Heavenly Bodies, Carrion, Moving Out, Eastward, Acid Knife, Haven and Wooden Nickel.

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Rockstar being real scum for screwing steam customers over by not giving a launch discount and then sell it at 20% off a week later.

So what's the general rule for playtime? I thought anything above 2h will not get refunded automatically but I played RDR2 for 2h52m and still got it refunded.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Some of you might remember that I mentioned I was having some minor issues with my computer just shutting down, and I was considering buying something new a few months ago...

Well, today my computer suddenly shut down 2 of the USB ports in the back of the case, together with the network card.
Rebooted the computer, it stuck at the ASUS startup screen. Performed a hard reboot using the reset button, and the computer booted correctly and the network card worked.
still, the two USB 3.0 ports were dead.
Rebooted into BIOS, and the only thing I saw there was that my chassis fan is running too slow, and won't speed up for some reason.

Shutdown the computer for an hour or so, and then restarted again. Now everything works as it should except the chassis fan that still runs a bit to slow.

Maybe the motherboard is overheating? That might be what has been causing my shutdowns earlier...

So, long story short...
I ordered a new custom pre-built computer!!!😀
Will be arriving on the 23rd of December!

Not the most powerful thing in the world, but will most certainly run everything I want to play the next couple of years. And it comes with 3 years warranty that is still valid, even if I change components in the computer!

Transport Fever 2 @ 22k players.
This, I will be buying shortly! 😀

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Played the Skatebirb demo. It's... rough. Camera is to zoomed in so you can't see shit and the controls need to be tighter. I hope they address that before launch.

Chicory demo is nice. Still need to try System Shock, Easward, The Drifter and Haven demos.

Reactions: PC-tan

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Rockstar being real scum for screwing steam customers over by not giving a launch discount and then sell it at 20% off a week later.

So what's the general rule for playtime? I thought anything above 2h will not get refunded automatically but I played RDR2 for 2h52m and still got it refunded.
I think Steam allows refunds when a game goes on sale shortly after you buy it

Reactions: lazerfox

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
System Shock demo is cool. but needs some work on combat and UI intuitivity. Btw, when you die, you respawn where the demo started.

I have not played the original System Shock, so can't say if the remake is faithful to it or not.
It is a pretty faithful recreation of the Medical Sector of System Shock. I like the atmosphere, but "pre-Alpha" is no exaggeration. The demo must have a memory leak, because my FPS kept getting worse and worse. It was single digit at the end, but I still managed to destroy the 4 computers and exit the level.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
The Drifter is quite brilliant. One of the few games I didn't know from this demo fest but now the one I'm looking forward the most.

Reactions: fearthedawn

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Not intensive at all imo. Game progress is turn based, only battles are real-time but are rather about strategy and unit selection instead of intense micromanagement. Very recommended imo
Sorry , I wasn't clear, I meant GPU/CPU intensive, lol

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Hm isn't the System Shock demo just like the one they released some time ago? I think the UI is a little richer but it's pretty much the same demo... still pretty glitchy too.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Hm isn't the System Shock demo just like the one they released some time ago? I think the UI is a little richer but it's pretty much the same demo... still pretty glitchy too.
No, the demo they prepared for the Kickstarter was only like 5 rooms and 10 minutes long. This new one is the full first level of the original game. It took my around 90 minutes to beat.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Yeah, if it's not added before their next game then I'm out. PC actually has a lot of good fighters to play now.
Now all it needs is actual players so i don't have to make appointments in some random discord just to be able to play some rounds. Also having a good netcode would help with that :cuteblob:

Eh i don't care, besides announcement trailers or the random odd trailer, i don't like watching videos about games that i know i'm interested in. Like for Cyberpunk 2077, i only watched the first trailer at the Microsoft E3 briefing and the hour long gameplay video they put out, and i'm not watching/reading anything else.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Sweeneys doing? :thinking-blob:
Last years show was pretty much sponsored by EGS and Fortnite. Wouldn't be surprising if Sweeney called Geoff to remind him Valve is the bad guy. Also probably means an EGS exclusive (TOW or Control) is winning GOTY and Kojima is getting robbed :blobrigged:

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
so there is a Wolf Among Us 2 rumor for tonight......on a scale of 1-10 being crushed its a lie i think ill be at a 15

Reactions: lashman

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Now all it needs is actual players so i don't have to make appointments in some random discord just to be able to play some rounds. Also having a good netcode would help with that :cuteblob:
Depends on what you wanna play. Any SNK game? That shit's dead on day 1 for a late release and shitty netcode. DBFZ, BBTAG, and MKX still have people playing regularly. If you're talking about Ranked then I don't know anybody who plays Ranked. BBTAG you can easily just look around in a lobby for someone who doesn't have zero bars... assuming the bars aren't a lie. KI still has people playing surprisingly. Shit like UNIST and Melty? Yeah... those are definitely Discord games, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.